Page 9 of 38 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 10/06: Creator & Monster | event information on page 1

Farm Supplier
    If Ice Cream cottages count toward the limit then they should be able to be sold like regular cottages!

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by TL4me View Post
    I don't understand why I'm unable to sell ice cream cottages??? I have six of them.
    This is makes no sense! I have 8 of them.

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by zoroak View Post
    I have over 10 ice cream cottages that I cannot sell. So after selling 4 marketplaces, 6 taverns and 7 cottages, I still cannot craft a grim cottage. Not happy! At least allow me to sell the ice cream cottages for goodness sake!

Could easily code to increase town building limit as others have mentioned this is a problem that has transpired with previous events or allow us to gem skip for a very nominal amount to craft the grim workshop, etc without the grim cottage craft instead of locking everything up or even let us sell ice cream cottages!
    I was hoping there would be a gem option for getting around this which I would gladly pay. Without that as an option, I'm very disappointed to find myself stuck without any good way forward.

True, I could sell a bunch of buildings but not only is that not as easy as it sounds, all of my Town Buildings are special event versions or gem purchases. How crazy is it to ask us to sell those in order to participate? Not to mention, the last time this happened (think it was the Snowy Cabin release) I had an experience just like you. I sold off 15 buildings and still couldn't access the new building so I'm not exactly keen on attempting it again.

Holiday events are the ones I look forward to the most - Halloween being the top of the list - so I'm trying very hard not to let this issue sour my feelings. Key word is trying. It's super frustrating to not be able to participate over something that shouldn't even be an issue to start with. If I'm being honest, it sort of feels like I'm being punished for being such a dedicated collector. Maybe this is the universe giving me a sign, lol.

I suppose all I can do is cross my fingers that the team takes pity on us and finds a workaround before the end of the event. Here's to hoping!

Rhino Keeper
    I don?t think they understand how this is different from selling buildings when you are at your limit for main story quests and need to sell cottages to add taverns or something. This is an error and oversight. It was fixed in the past for a reason. Not fixing this in the current event means every time they wrote a past event to ignore building limits (which is almost all of them) has been reversed, too, because it?s not recognizing the previous override.

Is the intention for players to sell 10,15, 20 buildings for one? Or was the intention to sell one regular cottage in order to build a special cottage?

Fashion Designer
    Why not let us sell some of the unfinished event buildings to clear database space? I have a bunch of unfinished buildings I'd love to get rid of that just take up space in my inventory that I have to scroll through. If having too much data on the servers is the problem, let us sell other items we don't need or want. I don't want to sell town buildings I've spent time and effort upgrading. Thank you.

Fashion Designer
    I reluctantly thought id try selling town buildings to build the grim cottage.
    I havent seen anyone mention selling windmills, so i sold just 1 windmill and it cleared the way for the grim cottage.

Am i right in saying some town buildings are worth more to the cap than others? Or was i just lucky?

For the record i now have 12 windmills, 3 marketplaces, 8 cottages and 12 farmhouses (total 35)

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by jtm101 View Post
    I reluctantly thought id try selling town buildings to build the grim cottage.
    I havent seen anyone mention selling windmills, so i sold just 1 windmill and it cleared the way for the grim cottage.

Am i right in saying some town buildings are worth more to the cap than others? Or was i just lucky?

For the record i now have 12 windmills, 3 marketplaces, 8 cottages and 12 farmhouses (total 35)
    In the hub, windmills are indeed listed as town buildings under the buildings guide thread. Taverns are also town buildings. Many long term players like Stymie, Annirassweets, Shibuyacloth and myself have previously acquired special event buildings which can be acquired during those events despite reaching or exceeding town building limit of 50. Some of them, like the ice cream cottages, cannot be sold, while others have levelled up their town buildings or have paid gems for them (dainty cottages) and do not want to sell them. You probably have some other town buildings in addition to that 35 (Blythe faerie house, Glimmer faerie house, or event cottages like pumpkin/ice cream/overgrown/gothic etc) so you had to sell the windmill to get under the cap.
    Last edited by zoroak; 10-07-22 at 07:53 AM.

Fashion Designer
    Are town buildings different to royal buildings? My overview says I have 53 'crafting' buildings. How do I know which ones to sell (I DON'T WANT TO SELL ANY)? I will end up needing the royal buildings I have for future expansions - if I sell some now. How do I get enough royal points if I have to sell lots to get 1 cottage I'm not really wanting but need to finish the 'Hallowe'en prize goals' for wanted prizes?

Update : I sold 2 buildings but overview still says I have 55 'crafting' buildings. Which buildings should I sell ??
    Last edited by LemracCafe; 10-07-22 at 10:06 AM.

Am I missing something? Seems like a lot to go through to get the grim cottage & the prizes give items that most high level players don't need.
    Does the completed fortified lab give something after the event? A 3 part labor intensive event doesn't seem worth it to me. I don't usually sit out events but this might be one. But I have FOMO so let me know if Ive missed anything. Ha Ha!

Fashion Designer
    Ahh yes i forgot about my Taverns (3) and Faerie houses (8) making 46 total. Still way shy of 50… odd

Page 9 of 38 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast