Thread: No more ridiculous odds on your Crates. It's enough already

New Resident

No more ridiculous odds on your Crates. It's enough already

I am pretty upset at the lousy odds we get when buying the crates from Storm8 for Restaurant Story.

I was enthusiastic about coming back to the game after taking a break due to a tragedy in the family but, and I wanted to do some decorating in my restaurant and figured if I bought ten or twenty crates that I would end up with at least one or two of the deco items I was seeking.

I could not possibly have been more wrong. After continuously buying crate after crate and getting NONE OF THE ITEMS I wanted and realizing much to my dismay that I had just shelled out over $300 in gems to buy these stupid crates all I was ended up with is a bunch of copies of the same items. This is when I began to get upset.

I thought to myself, the least they could do after a customer spends that much is to ensure that the odds get better so that the customer gets at least ONE of the bloody deco items. Perhaps we could also not end up with the same items over and over and over again.

There is nothing more frustrating than being stuck with a bunch of the same item that you could not possibly have any use for.

I was left with 6 Chic Fridges, 4 Chic Hostess stands, 4 Piles of pots and pans, 3 dishwashers, 4 Classic Chef's, 2 Classic fridges, 2 prep stations, 4 pie racks, 4 Cafe Stations, 3 Chic chefs, 2 upright pianos, the list goes on.

Not one of the pieces I wanted for the restaurant.

So I did a tiny bit of research and found out just how bad the odds were of getting the items you want. There is a lousy 1% chance to get a tier 1 item, (which by the way are normally the only deco items worth getting with the exception of a few tier 2 items.)

In other words if you really want your restaurant to have that item, well then you better sign over your paycheque to Storm8. That's not far from the truth.

I know Storm8 is here to make money....it's a business I understand that as I am a businessman. These odds however are a joke.

So....they got me for a few hundred bucks but, if they had made these crates a bit more fair, then they would have a customer who would end up spending THOUSANDS of $$$ over time. Am I wrong?

Not a smart business decision as I see it. I can't be the only one who is really upset about this scam...and thats pretty much what it is.

People, please dont support this. They are laughing all the way to the bank because noone seems to complain.

These cute little digital doo-dads which literally takes a graphic artist no more than a few hours to model in 3D Studiomax, cannot possibly be worth the ridiculous amount of money they end up getting away with and to me this seems unfair to say the least.

And after all that I still didnt end up with a "Chic Chef's Station" or "the Orchestra" or even the bloody "Stringed Quartet". What did my $300 buy me? A major headache and anger at the folks who do this to us. All in the name of making a few bucks.

I hope that the company is reasonable enough to see that this has some merit and perhaps does something about it.

If not, then I will STOP BUYING and so should others. If we don't buy the crates, then it forces them to relook at the situation and change their odds to keep sales from dropping that's all it takes. If they lose enough money....watch how fast this will change.

To the diehard players who take pride in their decorations, and rightfully so, one may argue that they like the rarity of some of the items, so not everyone's restaurant looks the same. Fair enough. One possible solution would be a contest based on winning the top 5 or 10 players who do a great job decorating with creative ideas .
    These winners can claim a deco prize of their choice.

Or perhaps have a prize based on sales. If the customers purchase a certain amount of gems or deco, they qualify for a prize.

My point is.....THERE ARE ALTERNATIVES....to taking us to the cleaners. Right now however, it's not all fair and perhaps if enough of us speak up, then perhaps they will listen. Thank you very much for listening and have a great day!
    Last edited by Bourbonstreetbar; 10-03-22 at 03:20 AM.

Thanks for the feedback. I went ahead and moved your post to the Suggestion & Feedback sub-forum.
    Storm8 Staff - [S8] HungryGoblin
    Need help? Contact Storm8 through support.storm8.com and submit a request
    Got a new device? Transfer your games here!
    Have Facebook or Twitter? LIKE and FOLLOW us here!

New Resident
    My apology. Sorry about that.