Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tips and Tricks for Finding Good Neighbours

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by sadieroo24 View Post
    The game has intensified! FOUR GOALS per cycle!!!

For this reason, getting the correct gift needed is imperative! (yes, I know you can delete unwanted gifts.) I am a BIG fan of sending the EXACT gift my neighbors need. (I don’t mass gift and cross my fingers!)

My number one suggestion: look for neighbors who post their wished gift in their messages AND/OR on their walls!!

Correct gifting! Number ONE for me! ((I like the suggestions listed in previous posts, too!))
    I’ve heard every excuse in the book, but the funniest one is, “It’s just a game.” Thank you captain obvious, but that is a loose argument. Every game has a strategy and “rules” to the game. The only difference in this one is, you make your OWN rules, but there are some tricks that help.

“It’s called a gift for a reason.” Yes, it’s called a gift, but the reason doesn’t matter and I feel its nomenclature is inconsequential. Actually, we transact in the game. Goods for services. If I went to a store and ordered a hammer, but was given a screwdriver, I’d give the screwdriver back and clarify I wanted a hammer. If they still insisted on giving me a hammer, I’d do business elsewhere. My book case requires a hammer!

By not gifting your neighbor what they need (or refusing to), you’re hijacking their game play. It’s rude at the very least and manipulative at worse.

All that said, I do not begrudge players that like to play however they like to play, but if they don’t care to be helpful, then we probably won’t make good neighbors.

On a side note: I don’t freak out if someone makes a mistake. They happen. I can’t ask people to be perfect - nobody is, but dialing it up a notch is highly preferred.

So, I agree. The game has gone all gonzo, and we need the parts we request more then ever. Players are complaining they can’t finish goals. What are we doing here if we aren’t going to win decoration to display in our bakery and restaurant. That’s the shtick right? The only game so far where you can be creative and they have made it almost impossible to do that.

Anyways, I digress…if you need a good neighbor who will gift you what you need, post to your wall with my needs, play daily, and play goals, and you’re willing to do the same, hit me up. I love players who like to make the game fun and worth playing.

Tootles!

Rhino Keeper
    You are more than welcome to add me Sprinklessweettreats and marianasbakery1o1 Im a silent player and I gift goal parts and answer requests several times through out the day. Also on restaurant story

Anyone feel free to add me too. I always gift and answer requests, I don?t always tip though

New Resident
    I've been playing this game since sometime in the first year it was out. My own personal play style has changed over the years but here are some of the things I've learned:

1. Higher level players are more likely to stick around AND know more about the game. I prefer level 99 players but will generally accept level 90+.
    2. OP is right, it's not 100% the case, but in general middle aged and older players are usually friendlier and all around better neighbors.
    3. As already said post on your wall what gifting and tipping style you prefer. Visit random people and post your preferred style on their wall and offer to be neighbors if compatible.
    4. If you're a non-tipper and need to pick up new neighbors visit the Community tab, scroll down and specifically look for low star people to visit, post that you're a non-tipper, what your gifting style is and ask if they want to be your neighbor. Conversely look for max star people if you want tipping neighbors.
    5. If you add someone and find your gaming styles aren't compatible because they didn't read your wall or whatever you can send them a polite "sorry our gaming style isn't compatible, I wish you luck!" kind of note and simply remove them. Nothing says you have to keep neighbors you don't vibe with.

The ultimate trick I've found that has brought the most success to me personally however was to join a group that coordinated their efforts....

I'm part of a group with very specific rules that we developed to make it easier for us all to work towards goals. I won't say "complete" as that no longer seems feasible for many players. We keep track of player activity so that if someone ghost quits we can remove them from our neighbor list. Or if someone is out temporarily we announce it so people know not to go to that neighbor with requests. We only allow current long goal gifts (most players already have parts for the shorter goal ovens and/or they require fewer so people can request them), we never gift food. The parts gifting strategy has changed over time as the goal styles have changed. Daily gifting/accepting requests is required but tipping is not. People are free to have as many outside group neighbors as they like. Some folks like myself don't really socialize much and never tip, others do socialize/tip with like-minded group members. So we all get our preferred game style on that front.

It may seem strict to have rules like monthly check-ins and what you're allowed to gift but as a result we have a group large enough to receive all the goal parts we need each day from a known active neighbor list. We're flexible as can be on many things and stricter on a few. As a result we've had a great core group of neighbors for several years now in both Bakery and Restaurant. I've gradually lost almost every single neighbor I had that wasn't part of the group over the last few years but the group has continued on strong. We lose people at roughly the rate we gain new ones.

Quote Originally Posted by sadieroo24 View Post
    The game has intensified! FOUR GOALS per cycle!!!

For this reason, getting the correct gift needed is imperative! (yes, I know you can delete unwanted gifts.) I am a BIG fan of sending the EXACT gift my neighbors need. (I don?t mass gift and cross my fingers!)

My number one suggestion: look for neighbors who post their wished gift in their messages AND/OR on their walls!!

Correct gifting! Number ONE for me! ((I like the suggestions listed in previous posts, too!))
    As I wrote, I massgift. But that doesn?t mean my neighbors don?t get what they need.
    Most of them are cappuccino players.
    Some play goals. Two prefer basic parts. And one is building ovens with specific basic parts in the moment.
    So the other basic parts player get what she needs, too.
    With the amount of goals: The majority of my goal playing neighbors write on my wall what they want.
    Two don?t really care, because they don?t take goals too seriously.
    One keeps copy and paste goal release times, which is helpful.

Massgifting doesn?t mean everyone gets the same gift. But I don?t do what I did in the beginning: scrolling back and forth for gifts.
    I massgift the cappuccino, usually the 14 day goal parts (we all kind of follow the same pattern?first goal parts until Friday and then second goal parts) and basic parts.

Only the five day goals sometimes need some scrolling.

The good thing about a small neighborhood is, that I usually know by heart how everyone is playing.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12