Thread: Why do people choose not to notify nbrs they will be away from game?

Why do people choose not to notify nbrs they will be away from game?

Really. It takes a second to post. Then some come back as if they weren?t gone for a week. We depend on them if we do goals. Not saying you cannot take a break. I?m just asking why not post on their wall. Example, will be away from game indefinitely or will be away from game 2-4 days. Some truly are real life situations where you don?t want to discuss. But found a lot who do and it?s not because of real life emergency like that. Had one come back found out renovating. Acting like no big deal. Especially when they knew I gifted at 3am.

This is not intended to start something!

I truly want to know why a lot are like this. They don?t realize it can be viewed as inconsiderate. If you agree tell me why.

I'd assume other people just leave cause they really just see it as a game. Which it is. Honestly, if I wasn't a long-time player, I too would just leave and come back when I want. Cause to me it'd just be another game and assume others think the same. I personally don't see the issue with ppl leaving with no message. It doesn't bother me. If their rating drops below 3 stars, I just remove them ;-; I have more than enough neighbours to gift and answer requests, a few gone ain't all that lol

Because it is a game. And if you play at 3 am you should consider why you are doing it. ��
    Believe me: if you have all oven slots and plan your baking a little bit, you don’t need that. I live in Europe, my reset time is at 9am…working time and I don’t play during work. I play after work and I don’t wake up at 2 or 3 am for a five day goal, which is the reset time for it in my place.
    I can finish the goals. And some of my 25 neighbors are not playing in the moment and others only send cappuccino.

I don’t mind, if people don’t mention that or why they're away for a week. I prefer, if they tell, when they are gone for longer. But not because I need gifts, but because I worry what happened. And I dislike removing neighbors, if we usually talk.

But honestly: if someone is renovating and did not tell, it IS no big deal. People have lifes, you know.
    I usually tell, if I can not play, but I do that, because I talk with my neighbors and know that they probably are insecure what to do, if I disappear without a word.

Volunteer Moderator SpiritWind00's Avatar
    This is a duplicate thread on neighbour etiquette. As this topic is more about your personal playing style and not a discussion of the mechanics of the game and is bordering on violation of forum posting rules, I'm closing this thread.