Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415

Thread: Castle Story 08/25: A Real Hoot | event information on page 1

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by Jool54 View Post
    Just wondering, was anyone able to finish that didn?t get the extra owl tree?
    I got the owl mage and the tree. IMO if you really, really want the prize, it's worth it to spend up to a few hundred gems early on in an event. If your account happens to be "lucky" for an event, you don't need them, but if you happen to randomly get "unlucky" drops it's difficult to finish.

I find that spending gems early on helps tremendously, it's worth a few bucks to avoid disappointment for prizes I really really want. We have to remember this is a business, and if playing 100% for free, managing to finish the events should be a welcome surprise, not an expectation, IMO. If this forum were about people playing a game we all paid a monthly fee to play, I would feel differently about people not consistently being able to finish events, because we *would* be paying money to enjoy the game benefits. So if you happen to be a 100% free player, please take this into consideration. FWIW I spent more early on, I spend less nowadays. And that is only because of the gem traps, I routinely lose gems inadvertently so not willing to keep a stockpile anymore.
    Plz add: SofiaDeo, pinkpresence (Pinks Place), impyLou (Queen Impylou), aaerie (Aaerie)
    Plz ask all 4 or none, thx

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by Jool54 View Post
    Just wondering, was anyone able to finish that didn?t get the extra owl tree?
    finished the event on 2 accounts w/o extra tree. Didn't even lose a gem due to traps, for once. The pain was the feathers, with 2h timer, it like baby sitting the game for several days.
    Castle Story "Tome of Knowledge", visit for: Interactive Map, Inventory Cards, Detailed Inventory, and more...

New Resident
    Can you give me a helping hand with the feathers too please 🙏🏾

I used to play it game (don?t remember the name) that would let you buy more time if you couldn?t finish in their timeframe.
    Really wish this one did that.

I?ve gotten 2 messages that I received a tree but they aren?t there.
    I?ve force closed the game more than once and still nothing.
    ???

Rhino Keeper
    Can’t complete this event, supply of owl feathers is just tooo slow. Three every two hours, really? Less than an hour to go and I still need a dozen. Have already used up gems….no more. This event is ridiculously slow to complete…boring owls are just not worth it. We should’ve been getting multiple feathers from students every tap.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by SofiaDeo View Post
    I got the owl mage and the tree. IMO if you really, really want the prize, it's worth it to spend up to a few hundred gems early on in an event. If your account happens to be "lucky" for an event, you don't need them, but if you happen to randomly get "unlucky" drops it's difficult to finish.

I find that spending gems early on helps tremendously, it's worth a few bucks to avoid disappointment for prizes I really really want. We have to remember this is a business, and if playing 100% for free, managing to finish the events should be a welcome surprise, not an expectation, IMO. If this forum were about people playing a game we all paid a monthly fee to play, I would feel differently about people not consistently being able to finish events, because we *would* be paying money to enjoy the game benefits. So if you happen to be a 100% free player, please take this into consideration. FWIW I spent more early on, I spend less nowadays. And that is only because of the gem traps, I routinely lose gems inadvertently so not willing to keep a stockpile anymore.
    That's a great take on all of these issues Sofia. I have brought up the idea several times over the years of offering a monthly subscription for the game, plus offering the in-app purchases. That way you can satisfy all types of players. I agree though, you really need to buy the boost offerings at the beginning to complete the events in a timely fashion or at all in some cases. I play Farm Story 2 as well and it's basically mandatory to buy the boosts or you can pretty much forget winning events.

I am interested in your tip about not holding gems. I've never really been able to afford a stock pile anyway but I have inadvertently tapped on something that I didn't want or mean to and had I had a stock pile the gems would have been collected. I think your idea is smart. Buy the gems you need per event. Makes sense.

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415