Thread: How to attach pictures

Farm Supplier

How to attach pictures

Hi,
    I don?t know if this thread already exists, pretty sure it does, but maybe it?s new to more players.
    I sometimes post in the Bakery forum and would like to attach pictures but cannot find a button for attachments.

Many thanks in advance!

Moderator (volunteer) SpiritWind00's Avatar
    There is a thread in the Events forum for how to post pics, but given I wrote this a little while ago and have it in the Castle forum, it was easier for me to paste it here for you.
    Here's the link to the other thread in case you want to use a third party app: https://forums.storm8.com/showthread...34#post1662434

How to post a picture:
    * Please crop your photo to remove the top part of your kingdom which shows your RP, coin and gem count. This information is private and must not be disclosed on the public forum as it may lead to potential security issues with your account.

Using the Insert Image icon to insert a photo

Step 1
    Click on the Insert Image icon

Step 2
    On the From Computer tab click on Choose File. When you click on Choose File, this will take you to your camera roll or where you store your photos on your device.

Step 3
    [Tip: Crop your picture first as some device photos are too big and you will get an error message.]
    Select the photo you want to insert (you can only select 1 photo at a time). When you do this you will come back to the Insert screen and the name of the file will now show next to the Choose File box.

Step 4
    Click on the Upload File(s) words. When you do this you will come back to the Quick Reply box and you will see that in the Reply box there is now a code called [ATTACH=CONFIG]number[/ATTACH]

You can now select the Post Quick Reply button.

If you want to see your picture before you post it, you can use the a/A button (in the green box) to toggle between the Attach codes and the photo. You simply click on the toggle button again to take it back to the words. So when I click on the toggle button my picture of the Gingerbread person now looks like this:

To make your photo bigger you need to have the toggle on so your picture is visible (as above). This is much easier to do on a computer. Double click on your photo and you will get a new screen called Image Settings. The Medium setting is quite a good size and looks better on all devices than the Large or Full Size setting. You can repeat the instructions to see what the different sizes look like by editing your post. Once you're happy with the photo, click on the OK button.

Farm Supplier
    Thank you for the explanation, but I?m afraid that doesn?t work for mobile devices which makes me wonder since everybody is playing BS on mobile devices 🤔

Moderator (volunteer) SpiritWind00's Avatar
    Did you crop your photo first? I wrote these especially so they would work on a mobile device. This is what work on my iPhone but you must crop your pic else you get an error message. Have another go and post what goes wrong for you at what stage.