Thread: What is the criteria for grouping players in leaderboard groups?

Rhino Keeper

What is the criteria for grouping players in leaderboard groups?

I just don't understand how my level 129 island is in a group with at least 8 level 200s, 195, 177 then i stopped looking. My island in LB 2 in the past from current one for first time got enough points for last milestone dragon. And that was only because she had so many high pointers in that group that she got good spins. Usually she gets to 7500 and a few times got 10,000 milestone dragon.

Meanwhile in current group i recognize a few names, top one usually gets in top 50 global and another scores maybe 16,000 points or so. How can a level 129 compete here?

Quote Originally Posted by Rfs0404 View Post
    I just don't understand how my level 129 island is in a group with at least 8 level 200s, 195, 177 then i stopped looking. My island in LB 2 in the past from current one for first time got enough points for last milestone dragon. And that was only because she had so many high pointers in that group that she got good spins. Usually she gets to 7500 and a few times got 10,000 milestone dragon.

Meanwhile in current group i recognize a few names, top one usually gets in top 50 global and another scores maybe 16,000 points or so. How can a level 129 compete here?
    I believe it is supposed to be RANDOM but I don’t find this to be true.

If I win or become second in a LB event, the next LB I am usually grouped with the high league wins in the Global Group. I normally refuse to play these with any seriousness as I refuse to spend the gold chasing this group!

If you tune it late to these events like 6 hours after they have started you can then see who you are up against.

Hope this helps!

Rhino Keeper
    Thanks for describing your experience. I see this too but this LB group seems very slanted. Right now 9 of the 10 at top are 200s with my level 129. Even if she won last LB you would think she could be matched up with other low 100 levels who also won, not with 200s that have so much more resources.

Starting the event hours fter if first starts sometimes gets a better mix but that hindrs bingo and collecting gold. Always seems to be tradeoffs in the game.

Rhino Keeper
    Well yet again another leaderboard and another one where my island is overmatched. This time it's a player who typically finishes in top 50. My island has only once gotten the 12500 dragon, just once and more times than not barely gets to 7500 apple milestone.

I thought when LB started, S8 said they grouped similar players. My! What is the definition of similar? Any player over level 100?

I have 2 isles and the pattern on both is similar. S8 most times seems to place 1 or 2 of the top 250 ranked players with much much lower scoring players so it's like a gift for these guys to be 1st or 2nd. It happens too often to be random. Why can't the top guys be lumped together to fight it out and give lower players a chance to win in their own groupings.

Rhino Keeper
    Even if I could win, takes months to clear a space for habitat. So either trade, sell or not take part in leaderboards

Executive Chef
    I am a player who almost always is 1st or sometimes 2nd in my group but I have no interest in where I am placed or winning the leaderboard prize. I have set myself a challenge to level up all my dragons to level 10 and so am after the 250,000 apples you get from being placed in top 100. I have almost no space for new dragons and therefore nothing else to do. I will stop playing when I have achieved my goal. I always feel bad for the people in my group.

Executive Chef
    Sometimes I wait an entire day to start a leaderboard. This has the advantage of usually getting me in with other people who are not so competitive, so I do have a chance at getting the prize dragon, but the tradeoff is the possibility of not meeting all the milestones.
    I've spent thousands of dollars on Storm8 games, but I'm still not valued by the company.