Thread: Suggestions to improve gameplay

Executive Chef

Suggestions to improve gameplay

Just a few suggestions for S8 to improve gameplay for large kingdoms with highly expanded game boards and extensive inventories (most were previously suggested by other players):

Long term fixes if/when you have sufficient technical staff to implement them
    1) Crafting materials specific for expired events, goals and completed storylines should be automatically deleted from storage.
    2) Future expansions should be on a separate island accessed by clicking a portal to load it. Or even current game board can be divided into 2. That should reduce stress on loading large kingdoms at the start of logging into CS.
    3) A low resolution mode as a choice at logging in for kingdoms with issues entering their games.

Simple fixes/alternatives to improve access
    4) Avoid storybook events when most players tend to log in at reset times/chapter start times. When people play CS at their own pace, it will relieve stress on your servers.
    5) Avoid having neighbour requests and visiting community members.
    6) Have weeks where there are no time limited goals or events and have sales of previous event items.
    7) Have monster hunts without leaderboards but have many more lucrative prizes in the MRC, in lieu of storybook events.
    8) More frequent turnover of prizes in the Baron’s tent.

Of all the games I play, CS is the most time-consuming and has to be micromanaged, requiring babysitting my game with multiple daily log ins. If format is slightly tweaked to have longer crafts and less logging in, it could perhaps help with the issues of accessing games for high level players as well as rollbacks as well as crafts/gameplay not registering correctly for most players.
    Last edited by zoroak; 07-29-22 at 01:53 AM.

Thanks for the suggestions and feedback. I went ahead and moved your post to the Suggestions & Feedback sub-forum.
    Storm8 Staff - [S8] HungryGoblin
    Need help? Contact Storm8 through support.storm8.com and submit a request
    Got a new device? Transfer your games here!
    Have Facebook or Twitter? LIKE and FOLLOW us here!

Does anyone else remember how they used to cycle what we could gift? Does anyone else miss that? I’d suggested it to them a few times that it’d be nice to go back to that as it seemed to increase neighbor interaction therefore retention along with also the fact that these fellas we’ve had to choose from for years now aren’t exactly some of the most useful things. At least not for long bouts of time and especially for newbies. Newbies don’t need mermaid stuff and won’t for a looooong time and longterm players don’t need most of the other guys so I thought it’d be nice if they cycled like they used to. Remember when some of the things we’d gift were even event/quest related? Anywho, thought I’d see if anyone else would dig that. Sorry if this isn’t the place for this. I have zero clue what I’m doing when it comes to forum stuff ��