Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 5 Day Goals: Anyone else drowning in counters?

New Resident
    Long time player here. I can?t imagine just starting out in this game, how overwhelmed and frustrated I would be with these new overlapping goals. The change is pure greed for gem sales. I have great neighbours and I don?t plan to quit but I?m dropping goals to keep the aesthetics of my bakery. I?ve always enjoyed that aspect more. I?m one defeated player though.

Quote Originally Posted by Silvernomiko View Post
    As a long time player, I don't mind the additional challenge of an overlapping 5 day goal at the END of an event. However, I feel like we're drowning in so many goals/overlapping goals I've had to continue to buy new counters. I'm running out of free space for counters for the myriad baked goods. It used to be where things could sell down in time for the next major goal. I'd like to reiterate that I liked the bonus 5 day goal as an occasional thing not an every major goal thing, much less at the beginning of the time goal event.

I haven't had to remodel my bakery in years. YEARS and I'm running out of space for counters because of how many new items are required per goal, side goal, and now the (far too many) 5 day goals. Any other long standing players having this same issue? Also with so many 5 day goals reusing ovens, why can't it recognize when we've crafted it before? Like if you hit a soft 5+ or 7+ or 10+ ovens, if should auto fulfill that goal.
    I am not drowning in counters. I did not pay attention, therefore I have more counters out than I needed. Usually it is enough to have one counter for every recepis and I try to store empty counters. But this time I forgot it in between and have more counters out.

But it still is pretty empty. But I like to have only the amount of tables I need for the customers and a some decoration, because I redecorate very often. So that might be the reason, why I have some space.

Executive Chef
    I just dump the food I don't like and only keep out as many counters as I feel like. If the food is backing up and not selling and you just keep adding counters, either dump the ugly stuff or dump the stuff with a lower profit margin per serving. No need to keep adding and adding counters.

I also have a pretty efficient layout. There's one that is better out there but this works for me. I like the look better.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by Silvernomiko View Post
    Can you screenshot/share your superior/efficient layout please? I'm not saying I can't do the goals, just that the accumulation of junk foods with small amounts clog up the counter space.

I have an allotted space for tables/customers, counters, and then a fun area for seasonal display. The counter area used to have an entire extra row of space for a cleaner look and that's entirely gone. It's just a slow burn increase of resource drain on the player base.

I actually didn't realize there was a lower profit margin but I suspected when my gold hasn't really increased much over time. I appreciate all the helpful commentary in the community. Also didn't know about the wall/tile trick but that makes sense. It's kind of insane when S8 occasionally has a sale of past items and you see just how expensive the tiles, walls, tables, and chairs have become over time. Tsk, inflation hitting everywhere nowadays.
    Basically it's 4 rows of 4/5 tables+chairs, with 2 doors.
    You can add my bakery to take a look.

Host(ess)
    Having more tables and less space consuming decor will empty counters. Big character scenes do not make money or eat the food, customers do. Prioritize tables, not character scenes and decor. Also not cooking food that isn’t required. Not cooking between goals. It goes against why we have a bakery game, but unfortunately that’s the gig S8 has created with these endless goals on top of goals.
    Last edited by shelkebrate; 08-11-22 at 12:17 AM.
    Grattan?s Grub on RS, Grattan?s Goods on BS. I am happy to add daily/most days players that read walls, *do not* gift food, and will answer gift requests. If I never see your name in my News Feed as a tipper/gifter, I will delete you.

Please put the gifts you want on your wall. It helps those of us that look and want to gift correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by shelkebrate View Post
    Having more tables and less space consuming decor will empty counters. Big character scenes do not make money or eat the food, customers do. Prioritize tables, not character scenes and decor. Also not cooking food that isn’t required. Not cooking between goals. It goes against why we have a bakery game, but unfortunately that’s the gig S8 has created with these endless goals on top of goals.
    I am not sure about that. Usually there are only around 24 or 25 tables occupied, no matter how many you have.

Ridiculous to me how you can easily solve this. You don?t even need to keep the counter or the food from goal. Most not worth it enough to profit from. Kind of creating your problem by not just dumping it

I only keep food in bakery that are high profit. I clear all goal food when not needed anymore. I sell tables/counters/decor I do not like that I only bought because of goal.

New Resident
    Quote Originally Posted by smritisonkar View Post
    I expanded my bakery last Saturday and I'm already out of space to put food counters...i ve run out of counters as well.it will take me months to expand again..its frustating...its impossible to decorate the bakery now coz there is barely apace left for tables and chairs anymore after placing all the counters
    I do know that more food means its harder to get rid of them in a timely matter, especially with the flood of goals, but have you considered just taking one for your bakery and getting rid of low food counters maybe those that are in the 50s range. Since you have a counter flood I think you have a few thousands on each counter but maybe you would just have to start taking counters out and start over(ITS NOT ANYWHERE CLOSE TO THE PROFIT BUT YOU DO GET SOME COINS ADDED WHEN YOU GET RID OF COUNTERS SO YOU ARENT COMPLETELY LOSING). I also dont know if bakery set up plays a part in that but maybe consider that too.
    Last edited by tsj9; 02-24-23 at 06:26 PM.

New Resident
    I have 54 tables and and 87 counters. If you have a counter flood you will only solve it from taking counters out and not bake so much of one thing outside of goals to keep it from happening, also not collapsing the recipes on one counter helps.
    Last edited by tsj9; 02-24-23 at 06:24 PM.

I also have so many counters. I don’t bother decorating much. It’s very frustrating!

S8, please increase the speed that the bots take to eat! I have side goal dishes from 3 goals ago just sitting there, barely going down. Tired of looking at Blueberry buckle! We need the room as the recipes you have us make have so many plates. Why bother to do the goals for the prize, if you can’t display them.

S8, PLEASE LISTEN!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12