Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 5 Day Goals: Anyone else drowning in counters?

Rhino Keeper

5 Day Goals: Anyone else drowning in counters?

As a long time player, I don't mind the additional challenge of an overlapping 5 day goal at the END of an event. However, I feel like we're drowning in so many goals/overlapping goals I've had to continue to buy new counters. I'm running out of free space for counters for the myriad baked goods. It used to be where things could sell down in time for the next major goal. I'd like to reiterate that I liked the bonus 5 day goal as an occasional thing not an every major goal thing, much less at the beginning of the time goal event.

I haven't had to remodel my bakery in years. YEARS and I'm running out of space for counters because of how many new items are required per goal, side goal, and now the (far too many) 5 day goals. Any other long standing players having this same issue? Also with so many 5 day goals reusing ovens, why can't it recognize when we've crafted it before? Like if you hit a soft 5+ or 7+ or 10+ ovens, if should auto fulfill that goal.

Before they changed the goal ovens on restaurant, food was selling in a reasonable amount
    And on restaurant the non goal recipes have lower amount per time, than bakery.

But now with mini goals dropping more often, and increased amount on goal ovens per time and to complete the goal, yes it is food everywhere and I don't want to cook on a cooking game.

They lower the profits per dish by designing ovens to cook more servings per time, so we are supposed to buy gems I guess but game was more fun when we could have space to use and coins to spend

Agree, What with the San Fran Cisco challenge with 24 hr bakes, the popcorn challenge - still building the 3rd oven of part 1. I don?t have room to bring out 10 amethyst ovens so I can buy 1 more! For a 5 day challenge. Still 10 hours to go on part 2 bake of SanFC, before I can store ovens. The cost of ovens, counters, wall & floor tiles I can?t save enough coin expand to 21 x 24 I can?t get anywhere near $30,000,000 required.

Quote Originally Posted by TequilaShots4me View Post
    Agree, What with the San Fran Cisco challenge with 24 hr bakes, the popcorn challenge - still building the 3rd oven of part 1. I don?t have room to bring out 10 amethyst ovens so I can buy 1 more! For a 5 day challenge. Still 10 hours to go on part 2 bake of SanFC, before I can store ovens. The cost of ovens, counters, wall & floor tiles I can?t save enough coin expand to 21 x 24 I can?t get anywhere near $30,000,000 required.
    in case you didn't know, any cheap wall or floor tile works to unlock the 1st goal oven.
    you might try buying one each to see if it still works next goal.

If you play it only to unlock recipes and make gems, when you don't like the final prize, you may also save coins on tables & chairs, and if I remember right, 32K item(2nd item bought on 2nd part)too wasn't necessary to unlock 10hr dish.

But wall and floor worked till today, both on restaurant and bakery

On restaurant the profit of 14 day goal food is lowered and became similar with bakery. We really have very low profit margin if we'd like to play goals.

Good luck

Executive Chef
    I dump 99% of the food I make
    -shortdanzr aka wicked red
    [Though she be but little, she is fierce]

*accepting new neighbors. I answer all requests, but don't visit daily

Farm Supplier
    Why is no one talking about how impossible the San Francisco Challenge is-22 hrs to cook 20 dishes, I can have 24 ovens out 4 for main challenge and 20 for side challenge 3 x 22 hrs is 66 hrs just for the 2nd part. Have no idea how long part 3 is. Am getting fed up with impossible challenges and now a 3rd challenge at same time. WTF. Sorry for venting, BUT.....

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by Silvernomiko View Post
    As a long time player, I don't mind the additional challenge of an overlapping 5 day goal at the END of an event. However, I feel like we're drowning in so many goals/overlapping goals I've had to continue to buy new counters. I'm running out of free space for counters for the myriad baked goods. It used to be where things could sell down in time for the next major goal. I'd like to reiterate that I liked the bonus 5 day goal as an occasional thing not an every major goal thing, much less at the beginning of the time goal event.

I haven't had to remodel my bakery in years. YEARS and I'm running out of space for counters because of how many new items are required per goal, side goal, and now the (far too many) 5 day goals. Any other long standing players having this same issue? Also with so many 5 day goals reusing ovens, why can't it recognize when we've crafted it before? Like if you hit a soft 5+ or 7+ or 10+ ovens, if should auto fulfill that goal.
    I use an efficient layout and never have the issue - in fact sometimes I run out of food.
    I do all 15-day goals, most of the side goals, and now doing all 3 of them concurrently.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by luincristiel View Post
    I use an efficient layout and never have the issue - in fact sometimes I run out of food.
    I do all 15-day goals, most of the side goals, and now doing all 3 of them concurrently.
    Can you screenshot/share your superior/efficient layout please? I'm not saying I can't do the goals, just that the accumulation of junk foods with small amounts clog up the counter space.

I have an allotted space for tables/customers, counters, and then a fun area for seasonal display. The counter area used to have an entire extra row of space for a cleaner look and that's entirely gone. It's just a slow burn increase of resource drain on the player base.

I actually didn't realize there was a lower profit margin but I suspected when my gold hasn't really increased much over time. I appreciate all the helpful commentary in the community. Also didn't know about the wall/tile trick but that makes sense. It's kind of insane when S8 occasionally has a sale of past items and you see just how expensive the tiles, walls, tables, and chairs have become over time. Tsk, inflation hitting everywhere nowadays.

I expanded my bakery last Saturday and I'm already out of space to put food counters...i ve run out of counters as well.it will take me months to expand again..its frustating...its impossible to decorate the bakery now coz there is barely apace left for tables and chairs anymore after placing all the counters

Long time players myself..so fed up of the same so I stopped redecorating altogether 😭

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast