Page 15 of 37 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

Thread: Sneak Peek, Musings and Speculation about upcoming new story content

Fashion Designer
    Storybook, and I've just been watching Once Upon A Time set in a small town called Storybook and the enchanted forest. Wonder if there'll be any dragons for me to slay this time?

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by LemracCafe View Post
    Storybook, and I've just been watching Once Upon A Time set in a small town called Storybook and the enchanted forest. Wonder if there'll be any dragons for me to slay this time?
    LOL, that’s where I got my game name back when the series first aired.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by deadpixel View Post
    That?s an odd looking creature on the right of the fairy. It isn?t a dragon and it?s definitely not a Qilin (Kirin). Ah! Wait! I know, that?s ?Nian,? also know as the New Year Monster in Chinese mythology.

I hope it?s a prize in this upcoming event and not one we have to battle for in another mid-event MHLB.
    Quote Originally Posted by SofiaDeo View Post
    I am disturbed by the "cleavage marks" in the figure. I am so, so tired of female sexualized images virtually everywhere. Male figures don't have the "attention" paid to certain parts, just the female ones. It's not integral to the character, I am disliking it.
    Thanks for mentioning it was Nina. I did some research and gained some knowledge.

I agree that we don't need 'cleavage marks' on the game characters.
    Thuakie Sword #19

Executive Chef
    This would be the equivalent male figure.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	466E663F-EDA7-428E-92CF-0B4E4E2CC5BE.jpeg 
Views:	16 
Size:	38.0 KB 
ID:	67528

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by GiselleX16 View Post
    This would be the equivalent male figure.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	466E663F-EDA7-428E-92CF-0B4E4E2CC5BE.jpeg 
Views:	16 
Size:	38.0 KB 
ID:	67528
    Thanks Giselle. As a female I deeply appreciate the posters' awareness. On a brief survey, Calder, Epelus, even one of the troll walkers show their pecs.

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by Lavenderdale View Post
    Thanks Giselle. As a female I deeply appreciate the posters' awareness. On a brief survey, Calder, Epelus, even one of the troll walkers show their pecs.
    Not all
    Thomas - (Card)
    Storable: Yes (Town Square)
    Info: Old Thomas, the Kingdom scholar.
    Type: Citizen
    Source: Storyline
    Cap: 1
    Link: https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?103022
    Castle Story "Tome of Knowledge", visit for: Interactive Map, Inventory Cards, Detailed Inventory, and more...

Quote Originally Posted by SofiaDeo View Post
    I am disturbed by the "cleavage marks" in the figure. I am so, so tired of female sexualized images virtually everywhere. Male figures don't have the "attention" paid to certain parts, just the female ones. It's not integral to the character, I am disliking it.
    Since this post is still up, I assume talking about this topic is fair game. So, let's talk about it.

When I saw this event's artwork/character design, I was stoked. The characters are cute and the outfits are gorgeous. (Good job, Storm8!) My mother is Asian; she's worn outfits similar to this. I've worn outfits similar to this. And since we have breasts, sometimes the cut of our outfits create cleavage. And that's okay.

Breasts are NOT inherently sexual. Humans have breasts. We should not be automatically "sexualized" because of cleavage. Cute little characters covered head-to-toe save their neckline should not be "sexualized" either.

As mentioned, there are male characters designed topless?pecs out, abs out. The fact that the first Storm8 character (as far as I can tell) accused of being "sexualized" is female, despite all the shirtless male characters out there, is disappointing. Says a lot about biases towards a woman's body.

I hope Storm8 doesn't change the design. It's cute. I don't see anything sexual about it. And if some do, that shouldn't be Storm8's problem.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by shellygoodtimes View Post
    Since this post is still up, I assume talking about this topic is fair game. So, let's talk about it.

When I saw this event's artwork/character design, I was stoked. The characters are cute and the outfits are gorgeous. (Good job, Storm8!) My mother is Asian; she's worn outfits similar to this. I've worn outfits similar to this. And since we have breasts, sometimes the cut of our outfits create cleavage. And that's okay.

Breasts are NOT inherently sexual. Humans have breasts. We should not be automatically "sexualized" because of cleavage. Cute little characters covered head-to-toe save their neckline should not be "sexualized" either.

As mentioned, there are male characters designed topless?pecs out, abs out. The fact that the first Storm8 character (as far as I can tell) accused of being "sexualized" is female, despite all the shirtless male characters out there, is disappointing. Says a lot about biases towards a woman's body.

I hope Storm8 doesn't change the design. It's cute. I don't see anything sexual about it. And if some do, that shouldn't be Storm8's problem.
    Agreed. I never even noticed that the character had cleavage until it was pointed out. I just enjoyed the artwork. It's really not that deep, in my opinion.
    I've spent thousands of dollars on Storm8 games, but I'm still not valued by the company.

Fashion Designer
    Wonder how long we have to wait for an event that drops council scrolls. I already have many hundreds of academy scrolls (hope more students or teachers are found at some point and with more than just unlimited energy as the final prize) and thousands of town square crowns (and no new characters to buy with them. (And I’m not paying gems for walkers who just clog up my gameboard).

Just about done with storybook and hoping to get a new splash screen in coming days (note to self: must remember to snap a pic this time).
    Last edited by LemracCafe; 01-19-23 at 08:22 AM. Reason: added after thought

Fashion Designer
    Attachment 67642

This splash screen just dropped. Think kitchens might be busy next wk.