Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 07/21: Fantastic Feasts | storybook information on page 1

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by newzealander View Post
    Thanks Giselle. I did get back on briefly after a 3 day lockout, and added you while I was there. I'm Kiwi Kingdom.
    Almost jinxed myself but got myself on after numerous tries; didn?t see your invite but was able to invite you. Hope it goes through!

Quote Originally Posted by LemracCafe View Post
    During storybooks as soon as I find out which monsters are spawned from farmhouses ( farmhouses seem to be the usual place) and have enough other requirements I try to do as many spawns as I can. Then I do at least 5-6 adventures per chapter, as I usually get upcoming items ( this time 2 churners before they were needed) which means when they are needed I already have extras which helps with items with longer collection times. By the time we needed churners I had 4, without the need for gem purchases, and am able to collect more milk and cream. Same happened with trellises, herb gardens and bread ovens. Also the adventures dropped a salt rock each time so didn’t need to buy many.

As we needed roast chickens for adventures I took the opportunity to upgrade some farmhouses which meant I was able to collect eggs while looking for more chickens. A couple of times I’ve done the same when needing to collect from cows during events like hunts. Another way to not ‘waste’ energy is to do the eggs and dairy trades in trade centre. I have found these able me to do more strategic use of energy, especially when I had way less daily energy.

Hope these hints help some players.
    This is pretty much exactly what I do in every Storybook event, so I'm always ready with all the necessary materials for Chapters Nine and Ten by the end of Chapter Eight. However, the faulty Request-from-neighbor system always puts me behind, and I end up finishing by the skin of my teeth because I have to make the requests for Chapter Nine over two days.

It's the same with the current Storybook event. I already have all the materials collected, crafted all that I could craft, and am waiting for Chapter Nine with its dreaded, faulty "Request Wooden Spoons from your neighbors (0/20)" goal. That, coupled with the possibility of being locked out for hours, or days, and not being able to complete the event through no fault of my own, makes me wonder why I even bother playing the event.

Rhino Keeper
    Argh! One of those darned silent rollbacks got me. I had a flame monster parked with needing one or two hits left to start the day. I upgraded to level 7, then when given the goal that I needed to fight three monsters, I did so. First one, of course, only needed one or two hits. Second and third spawned rapidly, but at some point whilst battling, I had a silent rollback, that I noticed AFTER defeating the third monster - back to needing to upgrade to level seven. I re-upgraded, but my monster is gone. I have gone through all 13 of my farmhouses three times since then and only spawned one fangbeast. Sigh.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by stormyskater View Post
    Argh! One of those darned silent rollbacks got me. I had a flame monster parked with needing one or two hits left to start the day. I upgraded to level 7, then when given the goal that I needed to fight three monsters, I did so. First one, of course, only needed one or two hits. Second and third spawned rapidly, but at some point whilst battling, I had a silent rollback, that I noticed AFTER defeating the third monster - back to needing to upgrade to level seven. I re-upgraded, but my monster is gone. I have gone through all 13 of my farmhouses three times since then and only spawned one fangbeast. Sigh.
    This happened to me as well although I only went through 1 fangbeast spawn before I noticed my flame spawn defeat did not register. Only solution is to force quit and restart game but this may risk being locked out for a bit before being able to access your game.

Here we go again.. i forced close my game 3x already and wooden spoons are not adding up help

Quote Originally Posted by Shezzowickked View Post
    Here we go again.. i forced close my game 3x already and wooden spoons are not adding up help
    The game servers do not always reset the previous requests we made, and some of our neighbors are still answering requests for Recipe Cards.

I know this because I deliberately sent requests out to different sets of neighbors back in Chapter 5 and today in Chapter 9. I made sure to record to whom I sent the requests and the names of my neighbors who replied. I made absolutely sure that I sent my requests to only fifteen neighbors during the start of Chapter 5, and when only twelve of them replied on the first day, I resent the request to the remaining three who "did not respond," (actually, they did but the system did not record their responses), who responded again during the second request for the cards.

Today, after sending out nineteen requests for Wooden Spoons, I received five responses from the new set of neighbors I requested the spoons from and three additional responses from the set of neighbors from Chapter 5.

This clearly shows that the game servers do not clear away the answered requests, and they are now spilling over into this new chapter. That is why even when we get "News" that one of our neighbors has responded to our requests, the numbers do not tally because they may be responding to the wrong request.

Even today, I still receive requests from my neighbors for Recipe Cards, and I do two things when I do. Firstly, I look at when the requests were sent out. Secondly, I visit their queendom/kingdom to check the status of their Summer Feast Pavilion. If the request is fresh, that is, it was sent out today, I'll send the card to them. If the request is from a day or more, visiting their queendom/kingdom and checking on the status of their pavilion allows me to determine whether the card needs to be sent out.

S8, for goodness' sake! Do something about this! Tell us you're working on it so that we can dream of a day when this will no longer happen, or tell us you don't know how to fix it so that we can either avoid this type of event entirely or continue playing it with full knowledge that we'd be hit by a truck in two chapters of the event.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by stormyskater View Post
    I had the same thing happen to me (although I was able to spawn 3 more flames easier than you.

What frustrates me with the timing of the defeat 3 flames is that we only need to send one more adventure. Now I've got 5 extra flame drops in my inventory. Atleast make us battle them when we have to use the drop to advance.

I've pretty much only waiting on 10 neighbor requests, then the drudgery of waiting for th servers in the community visits. What a waste of time, visit, wait, social, wait visit, wait repeat, repeat, repeat. 20 visits can take me an hour.

Rhino Keeper
    Stuck at 16 out of 20 requests answered. I'm very sure I have more than 20 active neighbours, but some may be responding to the extra requests from day 6 (that should have timed out but probably didn't) and counting towards the 20 per day limit. I wonder why we keep repeating this recipe for disaster in storybooks, 2 neighbour requests in one event with a short interval between them...

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by monsville13 View Post
    Not sure what's happening haven't been able to get into the game since yesterday afternoon. Had all kinds of problems yesterday as well do I need to log a ticket?
    Got caught in this too for the first time ever. Logged a ticket. Neighbors - will keep trying periodically but Storybrook cannot respond to requests right now.

Quote Originally Posted by deadpixel View Post
    The game servers do not always reset the previous requests we made, and some of our neighbors are still answering requests for Recipe Cards.

I know this because I deliberately sent requests out to different sets of neighbors back in Chapter 5 and today in Chapter 9. I made sure to record to whom I sent the requests and the names of my neighbors who replied. I made absolutely sure that I sent my requests to only fifteen neighbors during the start of Chapter 5, and when only twelve of them replied on the first day, I resent the request to the remaining three who "did not respond," (actually, they did but the system did not record their responses), who responded again during the second request for the cards.

Today, after sending out nineteen requests for Wooden Spoons, I received five responses from the new set of neighbors I requested the spoons from and three additional responses from the set of neighbors from Chapter 5.

This clearly shows that the game servers do not clear away the answered requests, and they are now spilling over into this new chapter. That is why even when we get "News" that one of our neighbors has responded to our requests, the numbers do not tally because they may be responding to the wrong request.

Even today, I still receive requests from my neighbors for Recipe Cards, and I do two things when I do. Firstly, I look at when the requests were sent out. Secondly, I visit their queendom/kingdom to check the status of their Summer Feast Pavilion. If the request is fresh, that is, it was sent out today, I'll send the card to them. If the request is from a day or more, visiting their queendom/kingdom and checking on the status of their pavilion allows me to determine whether the card needs to be sent out.

S8, for goodness' sake! Do something about this! Tell us you're working on it so that we can dream of a day when this will no longer happen, or tell us you don't know how to fix it so that we can either avoid this type of event entirely or continue playing it with full knowledge that we'd be hit by a truck in two chapters of the event.

Thank you for clarifying! I checked my game and now it went up to 15 wooden spoons. I have 75 neighbors and 69 of them are level 50 and active players, I need 5 more ..

Does sending out requests in sets works? Did u get all your wooden spoons? when i send out mine i send it to all.. im a little bit stressed out knowing there?s 0nly 2 days left, and I can?t use my gems anymore I accidentally spent them while collecting stuff.

I love storybook events but definitely hate the neighbor request part

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast