Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 7/7: Dino Dilemma event + s42 LB | goals and prize info on page 1

Rhino Keeper
    For what it's worth, first collection from the Glimmer Raptor gave me mythril. Definitely not a guaranteed energy dropper

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by mymonta View Post
    I have something I've been wondering about for a few months now. How many people try to complete events on multiple accounts? I actually took a long break from events, but I love dinosaurs, so I've been trying this event on 3 of my 4 accounts, but it is just absolutely exhausting and expensive because I don't have a ton of energy, so I buy value packs to fill in the gaps. The one account that could really use the Glimmer Raptor is, unfortunately, the one that ended up not participating in this event because I just got too far behind. I was spending too much time in my other accounts, one of which just reached level 50. At least I have 1 account that does not have to complete the high level requirements yet.
    Well, I don't stockpile energy. I play each account until I use up the 40, plus any dailies or weeklies I want to tap on to finish up something. I do a gem exchange in the Royal Exchange overnight, even if it's only the single gem. I focus mainly on "event only" stuff early also, skipping Main Storyline collects. So I rotate through all 4 accounts and I can do it in 30-40 mins. Each account is roughly set up on the board like the others, I know where to find stuff, but I have to group "by what they drop" instead of a purely aesthetically pleasing grouping. But more important, I try to do events only if my life is allowing me to log in at least to collect from something crucial, like 2 hours collects from the egg this one. I also plan on spending up to 100 gems early in an event when there is a non guaranteed drop (like troll camp), or an Ivy drop that is only 20 gems or so. I get a jump on building "whatever" is the event building. In this one, the first few days, I didn't get good drops from my Hatcheries so I gemmed one here or there, to get the feather, to build up to Level 3 quickly, as well as the initial Troll Camp if it didn't give me the item. Then I just keep plugging away. For me, I think this strategy keeps me moving from account to account, without spending hours at one sitting.
    Plz add: SofiaDeo, pinkpresence (Pinks Place), impyLou (Queen Impylou), aaerie (Aaerie)
    Plz ask all 4 or none, thx

Fashion Designer
    My first collection from the Armored Sabertooth was one expansion ticket and maxed on earth wisp.

Rhino Keeper
    Running 2 intertwined events is all very well but my issue is this: Having decided not to do the Dino Dilemma goal on this account, just the Beast Master one, I find I am stuck with the bundles on my game board which belong to DD event and do not have the ones for Beast Master.
    Was it an oversight that this would happen if we didn’t do the DD goal or was it an attempt to make us purchase bundles we do not require in order to get to the ones for the BM goal?
    In past BM events I have purchased bundles to acquire extra points and the free energy to clear more horses in order to accumulate gold tokens. On this occasion as I am unable to purchase the bundles you will be losing money.

Gentle reminder: All posts regarding the login issue will continue to be removed, or moved to the dedicated thread here.
    Storm8 Staff - [S8] HungryGoblin
    Need help? Contact Storm8 through support.storm8.com and submit a request
    Got a new device? Transfer your games here!
    Have Facebook or Twitter? LIKE and FOLLOW us here!

Quote Originally Posted by deadpixel View Post

I think S8 bungled up the sabertooth?s description. The one found on the info card is for the Gilded Dragon.
    Thanks for flagging - the team is aware and working on a fix.

Update: This has been fixed!
    Last edited by [S8] HungryGoblin; 07-19-22 at 01:38 PM. Reason: update

If you experience an issue where you are not able to read through the dialogue, (ie. dialogue skips) please reach out to support. Link is in my signature. Thanks!

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by SquireKeladry View Post
    I have 2 accounts and I generally try to complete the events on both of them. Level 50 just finished upgrading the egg last night and lvl 33 will be doing the final upgrade shortly. I bought 1 value pack for the lvl 50 account, but nothing for lvl 33 in this event. They also both finished Pinni, paradise palace & the clocktower events.

I have my accounts on two separate devices which is quite useful. I often do stuff like play one game while the other is loading, or focus 90% of my attention on one account while I slowly take down a monster on the other.

They both have some extra energy sources but not huge amounts. I'm usually able to check the games pretty regularly when I'm awake so I get good mileage out of the 40 energy refill - I think that's probably a big help too. I also always check the forums to see if an event prize is worth it and that helps me decide where I want to focus my attention and limited gaming budget. It was quite lucky for me that lvl 33 reached the events when it did, because our second event was Pinni & she was definitely worth abandoning the rest of that kingdom for 2 weeks in order to get her.

So that's how I manage it, but I know I couldn't do it with more than 2 accounts. I briefly had 3 but gave up the 3rd around lvl 7 because it was too much for me. If I need a request accepted urgently, I might dig it out just for that but otherwise I doubt I'll ever play it further. It amazes me to hear about people playing 4 accounts and yet I know you're not the only one here with that many.
    Thank you for your answer! It is helpful to me.
    I've spent thousands of dollars on Storm8 games, but I'm still not valued by the company.

Fashion Designer
    Got a golden nugget from the armored sabertooth

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by SofiaDeo View Post
    Well, I don't stockpile energy. I play each account until I use up the 40, plus any dailies or weeklies I want to tap on to finish up something. I do a gem exchange in the Royal Exchange overnight, even if it's only the single gem. I focus mainly on "event only" stuff early also, skipping Main Storyline collects. So I rotate through all 4 accounts and I can do it in 30-40 mins. Each account is roughly set up on the board like the others, I know where to find stuff, but I have to group "by what they drop" instead of a purely aesthetically pleasing grouping. But more important, I try to do events only if my life is allowing me to log in at least to collect from something crucial, like 2 hours collects from the egg this one. I also plan on spending up to 100 gems early in an event when there is a non guaranteed drop (like troll camp), or an Ivy drop that is only 20 gems or so. I get a jump on building "whatever" is the event building. In this one, the first few days, I didn't get good drops from my Hatcheries so I gemmed one here or there, to get the feather, to build up to Level 3 quickly, as well as the initial Troll Camp if it didn't give me the item. Then I just keep plugging away. For me, I think this strategy keeps me moving from account to account, without spending hours at one sitting.
    Sorry, I don't remember how to do 2 quotes in one post, and I didn't see this response from SofiaDeo until after I had already quoted SquireKeladry.

Thank you, SofiaDeo! This gives me a lot of information to sink my teeth into. I need to get better about having the willpower to skip unnecessary collections and just focus on event collections. I always want to collect from everything. One thing I did do this event on 2 of my accounts was start the "Elemental Discovery" and the "Hidden Forest" storylines as they both require chopping Willow Trees, so I was able to get the stuff we needed for this event plus Forest Vines plus Poisoned Wood all at the same time.
    I've spent thousands of dollars on Storm8 games, but I'm still not valued by the company.