Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story: upgrade buildings to Level 10: The Onyx Mine

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by Flowersandgems View Post
    I might be missing something, but I have not found a use for the onyx ore we are collecting.
    The drops are better from ponds and wells, than chopping rocks.
    I suspect it is for drafting the Block & Beams. Also some building upgrades make no sense at all, the Stable L10 is the worth case.
    Castle Story "Tome of Knowledge", visit for: Interactive Map, Inventory Cards, Detailed Inventory, and more...

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by ShibuyaCloth View Post
    I suspect it is for drafting the Block & Beams. Also some building upgrades make no sense at all, the Stable L10 is the worth case.
    Very strange I have 21 onyx ore, nothing to use them for. Yes, the stable upgrade is really strange. I can't see too many players going for that to save 3 minutes.
    SC could you add for the onyx ore, found collecting from ponds and wells. Also the Wizard Portal can go to level 6.

Incidentally, once you finish the original goal, upgrade a building to level 10, no more goals pop up.

Executive Chef
    I am guessing this whole "onyx" theme is to give long time players some new goals to go for. So 16 beams to upgrade something I understand. And I wonder if these connection issues that have cropped up are impeding the original target releases. With more players suddenly unable to get in to play, I am sure S8 is very busy dealing with all of that. I don't mind having really hard to obtain further upgrades. Am I am enjoying having a guess at what the Onyx Ore will eventually be used in!
    Plz add: SofiaDeo, pinkpresence (Pinks Place), impyLou (Queen Impylou), aaerie (Aaerie)
    Plz ask all 4 or none, thx

Rhino Keeper
    Very strange I have 21 onyx ore, nothing to use them for. Yes, the stable upgrade is really strange. I can't see too many players going for that to save 3 minutes.
    SC could you add for the onyx ore, found collecting from ponds and wells. Also the Wizard Portal can go to level 6.

Incidentally, once you finish the original goal, upgrade a building to level 10, no more goals pop up.
    Strange indeed. It feels to me as if they meant the Onyx Ore to be used in the new craft for the Onyx Beam and Onyx Block, but then added Spellbound Dew in stead of Onyx Ore.
    And who is going to buy that 300 gems mine if the ore that it drops doesn't have any purpose in the game??

The quantities on the stable must be a mistake. No way anybody is going to make those 76 beams for a 3 min. decrease on the timer.

I hope it all gets corrected, the idea of new upgrades is nice!

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyzau View Post
    Strange indeed. It feels to me as if they meant the Onyx Ore to be used in the new craft for the Onyx Beam and Onyx Block, but then added Spellbound Dew in stead of Onyx Ore.
    And who is going to buy that 300 gems mine if the ore that it drops doesn't have any purpose in the game??

The quantities on the stable must be a mistake. No way anybody is going to make those 76 beams for a 3 min. decrease on the timer.

I hope it all gets corrected, the idea of new upgrades is nice!
    I am thinking the same thing -- it seems that the onyx beam and onyx block should be using 20 onyx ore instead of spellbound dew.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cs.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	140.1 KB 
ID:	63205

Nightclub Owner
    Well at least I can start using Spellbound Dew again
    Castle Story "Tome of Knowledge", visit for: Interactive Map, Inventory Cards, Detailed Inventory, and more...

Quote Originally Posted by AmberWillowWinter View Post
    I am suspecting there is a typo....

Upgrade for hatchery needs 3 blocks and.... 16 beams. Seems a lot.

And for stable? Hold on to your hats... 3 blocks and ... wait for it... 76 beams. Lol!

Gotta be a typo, right? : )

Attachment 63192
    Attachment 63193
    We're working on a fix for this right now!

Fashion Designer
    Here's where inventory says we can find spellbound dew

Spellbound Dew
    Info: Used in various Crafting Recipes, and is earned from Harvesting Flowers
    Found: Ivy's hut (0-4 drops), flowers (extremely rare drops), Spellbound Bloom (guaranteed), L5 Moon Crystal Base, Unicorn, Scorched Dahlia, Scorched Rose, Lumi, Agni, Interpret the Wizard (mystic card), Spellbound Hive, Spellbound Faerie, Enchanted Fawnicorn, Fawnicorn, Meadow wolf, L7 Fire Fly Cove, Giant Bloom, Armored Dark Unicorn, Birthday Goat, Witchy alpaca, Gingerman, Gingerman Stack, Solar Kitsunecorn, Red Nose Fawnicorn, Spring Kitsunecorn, Salvatore, L6 Puppet Theatre, Butterfly Grove, Seyndia, Peridae, Arctic Sled, Present Skunkupine, Princess Celeste (guaranteed), Princess Bed, Rainbow Leprechaun, L6 Light Tower, Buninja, Song Bird, Enchanted Lemur, Ana, Pumpkin Dragon, Bamboo Grove, Armored Brimstone Steed, Tiny Reindeer, The Portal, Valentine Fawnicorn, Cupid, Elf Faerie, Snow Kitsunecorn, Spring Garden Lv. 7, Spring Fawn, Idris, Cabbage Patch Dragon, Flower Kitsunecorn, Ancient Owl, Lobstermaid, Renee, Faerie Garden, Aster, Edme, Witchy Cauldron, Academy Flowers, Sugarplum Faerie, Winter Castle, Holiday Ferris Wheel, Shoemaker L10, Cobbler, Wintry Wizard, Rain Faerie, Sad Clown Troll
    Uses: item used to upgrade various buildings to Level 6+ [refer to the Building Guide], item in Windy Tea Celebration craft (15) Prevailian Temple, item used in expanding to J -1 (45), I -2 (30)
    Thread
    Kingdom is Nancelot. I play regularly and try to be very swift to respond to requests.

There were a few issues with a handful of buildings asking for too many of an item, these have been addressed. We have also fixed the Onyx crafts to require Onyx Ore as opposed to Spellbound Dew.

Giselle thanks for placing those here, I didn't get those in my game. Probably will tomorrow.

Not all the new upgrades require the new blocks or beams. Some are very heavy on the gold though.
    Upgrade the sparkling mine to level 10 costs 21 gold.
    Sure would be nice if the gold mines would show up for sale for newer players. Been waiting 15 months on this new account for them to show up with NO LUCK.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast