Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: Castle Story: upgrade buildings to Level 10: The Onyx Mine

Host(ess)
    I?ve maxed out on onyx ore and have buildings at level nine that tell me to craft onyx blocks and beams to upgrade to level 10 but when I go to the workshop it is blocked by goal.

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by HomeDesign1980 View Post
    I?ve maxed out on onyx ore and have buildings at level nine that tell me to craft onyx blocks and beams to upgrade to level 10 but when I go to the workshop it is blocked by goal.
    did you do the goal to unlock it?
    Castle Story "Tome of Knowledge", visit for: Interactive Map, Inventory Cards, Detailed Inventory, and more...

Fashion Designer
    I just got onyx ore from my adventure. Good to have multiple sources for something like this.

Volunteer Moderator SpiritWind00's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HomeDesign1980 View Post
    Is one of your L9 buildings the one in the actual goal (in the picture on page 1)? If yes then you should be able to craft so perhaps you might like to reach out to support to check why.
    Last edited by SpiritWind00; 06-02-22 at 06:40 PM.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by SylvanSanctuary View Post
    I just got onyx ore from my adventure. Good to have multiple sources for something like this.
    Good to know indeed, thanks Sylvan.

FYI my most reliable source for onyx ore is by far the swampy pond, that has only 15 mins collection time

Swampy Pond - (Card)
    Storable: Yes
    Info: A beautiful Troll Swamp. Plug your nose to get close!
    Type: Decoration
    Source: Purchase
    Size: 2x2
    Requirements: 20 Living Wood, 40 Mushroom, 10 Troll Essence, 30 Water
    Sell: 0 Coins
    Drops: Water, Catfish, Butterfish, Fish
    Collection: 15 minutes
    Collection Speed-up: 1 Gems
    Kingdom Name : Alain-land 🗿
    Storm ID : xiq24

Volunteer Moderator SpiritWind00's Avatar
    I've finally gotten around to create the normal summary for Level 10 now. If you have any other information about Level 11, can you please post. Remember to include the income and any RP if applicable and the collection timer for resource buildings. Thank you all!

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by AstronomyDan View Post
    Building upgraded to level 10. Please remove the "task" to waste 300 gems on an Onyx Mine from the ToDo list. (Mine your own business).
    I agree this should have a timer so that it doesn't just sit there in goals for people who aren't going to buy it.

Rhino Keeper
    I have a silly question, but I really want this "ore-ing to new heights" goal to disappear from my book.

I am about to upgrade my Wizard's Portal to level 6 (hopefully during the next MH / LB quest) which requires Onyx Blocks and Beams.
    I know this is not technically a Level 10, but this is the max level of the Portal. Would it count towards this goal also?
    Please...
    Thanks.

Wizard's Portal L6 - (Card)
    Info: A Resource Building. Collect from it to gain Energy.
    Type: Decoration
    Source: Crafting
    Class: Resource
    Requirements: 4 Onyx Block, 4 Onyx Beam, 50 Troll Token, 30 Staff Token
    Sell: Item cannot be sold!
    Drops: Energy (9)
    Arc: The Onyx Mine
    Collection: 300 minutes // 5 hours
    Collection Speed-up: 20 Gems
    Cap: 2
    Link: https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?113702

Second question: Onyx Ores don't drop out of ponds and wells anymore, this is so sad...
    Is it temporary during the Starry Situation event or will it be for good?
    Kingdom Name : Alain-land 🗿
    Storm ID : xiq24

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by xiq24 View Post
    I have a silly question, but I really want this "ore-ing to new heights" goal to disappear from my book.

I am about to upgrade my Wizard's Portal to level 6 (hopefully during the next MH / LB quest) which requires Onyx Blocks and Beams.
    I know this is not technically a Level 10, but this is the max level of the Portal. Would it count towards this goal also?
    Please...
    Thanks.

-snip-
    I'm only able to answer the First question: No, upgrading your Wizard's Portal to level 6 will not satisfy the Ore-ing to New Heights goal.
    I just upgraded one of mine after the MH & still have Ore-ing.. in my Goalbook.

Trying to see if there's an "easy" option in my realm, but I guess it ultimately comes down to which building is "the most" upgraded- i'd like to complete it as well.

Good luck!

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by stormaurora42 View Post
    I'm only able to answer the First question: No, upgrading your Wizard's Portal to level 6 will not satisfy the Ore-ing to New Heights goal.
    I just upgraded one of mine after the MH & still have Ore-ing.. in my Goalbook.

Trying to see if there's an "easy" option in my realm, but I guess it ultimately comes down to which building is "the most" upgraded- i'd like to complete it as well.

Good luck!
    Thank you for taking the time to answer.
    I think the easier option would be the Deep Mine as we probably all have them at level 9 already. The benefit is almost none (only 3 minutes collection time) but the cost is rather minimal if you have plenty of coins.

Deep Mine L10 - (Card)
    Info: A Resource Building. Collect from it to earn various Crafting Materials.
    Level: 40
    Type: Building
    Class: Resource
    Size: 3x3
    Requirements: 3 Onyx Block, 3 Onyx Beam, 6 Adamant, 350000 Coins
    Sell: 10000 Coins
    Drops: Stone, Jewels, Iron Ore, Silver Ore, Adamant, Golden Nugget, Mithril, Coal, Earth Wisp, Wisp Lantern, Elvenite
    Collection: 456 minutes // 7,6 hours
    Collection Speed-up: 16 Gems
    Cap: 2
    Link: https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?113702

It all depends on what building you already have at Level 9. The Theater is also not too expensive, and level 10 will drop 1508 coins every 12 hours.

Theater L10 - (Card)
    Info: A Royal Building. Increase your total Royal Points when placed on your board.
    Level: 40
    Type: Building
    Class: Royal
    Royal Points: 331
    Requirements: 3 Onyx Block, 3 Onyx Beam, 45 Longsword, 55 Tomato
    Sell: 17200 Coins
    Drops: Coins (1508)
    Collection: 720 minutes // 12 hours
    Collection Speed-up: 24 Gems