Thread: Really 5 Gold stamps to complete dish for event!?

Rhino Keeper

Really 5 Gold stamps to complete dish for event!?

Is that right?? For each dish On the Celebration stove will take 5 gold stamps??? Even converting the gold tickets only nets you one Gold stamp! This can?t right?? It?s impossible to complete! Are you purposely running people off?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FB5CEEB0-D53B-42DA-B9B3-EDAF5A6837B8.jpeg 
Views:	35 
Size:	553.2 KB 
ID:	63189

That's just annoying. They should rather switch off the game completely, so one could at least take away good memories of the early days.

They offered a value pack with the ingredients at some point last event. It was way too expensive in my opinion but I guess that a few people somewhere must be buying it because it seems like Storm 8 has repeated this approach with the latest event that just started.

It doesn't really bother me personally. I understand that a business needs to make money and since RS2 isn't making any off of me (I only spend money on castle story), I know I'm not the main target market. I can understand why it might bother other people, but I'm only really playing this to **** time waiting for castle story anyway and don't care if I can't complete everything.

I just do part of the new recipes goal because the second part reward is several silver stamps and then I stop bothering with it. Twice I pushed myself to finish the cruise because I thought that both the character and their recipe were worth it. Otherwise I just try to get any stamps from the cruise. This latest character design is cute but her recipe needs the same difficult to get ingredient as one of the other gem recipes I already have so I probably won't bother.

Farm Supplier
    This new one is even crazier-- 10 vanilla and 10 turbinado sugar. I'm just not going to even bother with the special recipe track. It cost more stamps than you earn. Maybe it will at least generate vanilla more frequently so I can finally master the creme brule and milkshake. It does feel like they are trying to get those of us still playing the game to quit.

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by footballmel View Post
    It does feel like they are trying to get those of us still playing the game to quit.
    They are absolutely 100% trying to get you to quit. This game makes them no money, it hasn't been updated for years, and the only effort expended on it is making tasks more and more obnoxious. All they are hoping to do is move people on to one of their newer games. I made a thread two months ago pointing out that the cruise tasks were pretty much impossible. That thread was shut down by a moderator with the heavy implication that it isn't moderators job to answer our questions and we need to stfu. The cruise tasks have gotten steadily worse since then.

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by Skeptacular View Post
    They are absolutely 100% trying to get you to quit. This game makes them no money, it hasn't been updated for years, and the only effort expended on it is making tasks more and more obnoxious. All they are hoping to do is move people on to one of their newer games. I made a thread two months ago pointing out that the cruise tasks were pretty much impossible. That thread was shut down by a moderator with the heavy implication that it isn't moderators job to answer our questions and we need to stfu. The cruise tasks have gotten steadily worse since then.
    Well, the jokes on them if they think I'll make them money a different way. I've never given S8 a dime of real money. I just play the games for casual fun. I started with RS, but RS2 I find more fun and challenging because of the ingredients and limited space forcing me to calculate everything in advance instead of just tapping repeatedly. It was really frustrating when they first introduced the cruises, because I couldn't complete them even playing 24/7. But once I leveled up everything, it became pretty routine. I don't have any issue with the cruises now, but the side quests and limited recipes are out of control. I just don't do them. If I don't partially complete a recipe, it doesn't hang around in my recipe book haunting me, so it's like it never existed. Lol. I'll never make enough vanilla to use all the special ingredients I have now, it's almost commical how many special characters come into my restaurant dumping ingredients I really can't use.