Page 6 of 28 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 05/12: Luminous Glass | event information on page 1

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by kat_the_first View Post
    Dear fellow players, it's been a while since I've posted on the forum. Just wanted to share that I'll be "partially skipping" this event. The first event I skipped was also a storybook and it was a great choice for me, as it allowed me to harvest energy, while still getting halfway through the event at a leisurely pace. Still got the intermediate goal rewards (and in this event they're worth it for the eye candy alone) but basically pass on any heavy crafting or neighbour requests, that are always rather stressful, something I'd rather avoid in an activity that's supposed to be relaxing and not eat up too much of my free time (having to set up alarms for playing is too much like work for me). Since expanding isn't really my goal (I'm comfortable not opening up all available plots) and the elusive gold nuggets will remain elusive no matter how many items you have that may drop them (but rarely do), I'm basically saving myself for stressing over events that award guaranteed energy droppers, since more energy really does reduce the pressure in getting through events on time (that and luck with random drops). Obviously not original in the concept of missing events, but some of your posts inspired me in this new laidback approach to CS, so thank you kindly for your advice and guidance.
    [Applause] I have thought about your post since I read it, and decided to do the same. I'm still desperately seeking Gnomish gold for the main story, so saving coins as much as I can. Also I'm just starting out with energy banking, and I can't get ahead by taking part in every event.
    But I like what you say about going part way through. Some of the graphics in new items are stunning, so I'll keep going for the first few rounds ato collect a few items like the flowers and sapling, and then skip the hard yards at the end.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by newzealander View Post
    [Applause] I have thought about your post since I read it, and decided to do the same. I'm still desperately seeking Gnomish gold for the main story, so saving coins as much as I can. Also I'm just starting out with energy banking, and I can't get ahead by taking part in every event.
    But I like what you say about going part way through. Some of the graphics in new items are stunning, so I'll keep going for the first few rounds ato collect a few items like the flowers and sapling, and then skip the hard yards at the end.
    Couldn’t agree more. I’ve had some criticism in the past about skipping events to save the energy. But, sometimes you have to make sacrifices. In the past,and now, I would skip events I didn’t have much interest in, and just collect from energy droppers. Letting it bank up was slow and boring at first,but once it got to 10k, then 20k, then 50k, it all seemed worth it. It actually gets easier seeing events with deco I don’t like, or drops that aren’t worth the effort. And,when you get a nice bank of stored energy, and you realise you can go hard as you want,when you want,never having to worry about that 40 energy limit again, oh, that is so sweet. The down side, obviously, is limiting your time on cs ;-)

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by roksta72 View Post
    Couldn?t agree more. I?ve had some criticism in the past about skipping events to save the energy. But, sometimes you have to make sacrifices. In the past,and now, I would skip events I didn?t have much interest in, and just collect from energy droppers. Letting it bank up was slow and boring at first,but once it got to 10k, then 20k, then 50k, it all seemed worth it. It actually gets easier seeing events with deco I don?t like, or drops that aren?t worth the effort. And,when you get a nice bank of stored energy, and you realise you can go hard as you want,when you want,never having to worry about that 40 energy limit again, oh, that is so sweet. The down side, obviously, is limiting your time on cs ;-)
    I still don?t understand the concept of banking energy. It seems like it would take a really long time to be worth it?

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by AngieA67 View Post
    I still don?t understand the concept of banking energy. It seems like it would take a really long time to be worth it?
    Once you have enough energy droppers, it builds faster than you would think. You will have to consider skipping an event or two or only using the new energy you get (collecting from daily energy and Wizard schools). Once you have some banked, you can quickly collect most of the materials for an event in the first few days, then collect and save your energy for 10 days until the next event.

I also work very hard at only collecting the exact number of materials.

I'm up to 50k energy with only energy droppers from events, Baron's tent, MRC or purchased with gems earned in the game.

For this storybook, because I have more than enough energy, I won't pre-chop the Baron statues. That's because one drops for every adventure and I don't want to purchase them if I don't have too.

Does anyone have requirements for Take a Glass Class? Thanks.

New Resident
    Quote Originally Posted by stonecast1935 View Post
    Does anyone have requirements for Take a Glass Class? Thanks.
    I'm showing 1 shattered glass, 5 waters, and 5 roast chickens per adventure with a 2 hour timer.

Quote Originally Posted by kikito49 View Post
    I'm showing 1 shattered glass, 5 waters, and 5 roast chickens per adventure with a 2 hour timer.
    Thank you! Now off to getting some more roast chickens and defeating bulls while waiting….
    I also saw that first page is updated with this info too, so thanks SW00!

Rhino Keeper
    Also agreeing that these prizes look really lame. First time in a long time I?m not going to bother with an event. Going to focus my energy on the new storylines and game additions, as well as increasing my coins and energy. Good luck to everyone participating!

Executive Chef
    I love stained glass so will run this to the end, even though the drops are not too exciting.

Also be sure to unmute when fighting the Enraged Bull - he does sound angry!

Pics for Shibuyacloth:

My first adventure dropped a full grown tree:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DBB101C2-6E19-42B0-9527-63A99658D664.jpeg 
Views:	11 
Size:	216.1 KB 
ID:	63210 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0D87CF1F-5DA2-4B3B-A163-E1ACABCEE81D.jpeg 
Views:	12 
Size:	194.6 KB 
ID:	63212 10 minutes regen time, speed up 1 gem

It dropped stained glass leaves:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	7163D003-70DD-453F-83A5-BA7246244768.jpeg 
Views:	9 
Size:	213.3 KB 
ID:	63211 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	9C583B38-FE12-4593-B0A8-4E923D3FF40F.jpeg 
Views:	17 
Size:	230.2 KB 
ID:	63213
    Accolon of Lorrainne ♌️❌❌{}=============>
    ⚔⚔Proud member (#16) of The Thuakie Sword Society ⚔⚔
    *******NOT adding any new neighbors at this time******

Page 6 of 28 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast