Page 17 of 28 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 05/12: Luminous Glass | event information on page 1

I am stuck at 15 chalices. I am going to bed. Hopefully the rest are there when I wake up. I have everything ready to make the sword and armor. All of the other upgrade items have been crafted. Also, what is up with getting requests from hours or days ago? I log in several times a day and sometimes it will say my friend has a request but it is from 2 days ago. Any answers?

Farm Supplier
    the option for upgrading to level 3 disappear, any sugestion?
    How do You Know is Fun in The Sun

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by kasumi2012 View Post
    the option for upgrading to level 3 disappear, any sugestion?
    Did you have a rollback and still need to finish the previous goal?

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by gustafrog View Post
    Did you have a rollback and still need to finish the previous goal?
    No, it just says upgrade to level 3, no option game skipping.

Farm Supplier
    No, it just says upgrade to level 3, no option game skipping.

Nightclub Owner

Force close the game.
    Castle Story "Tome of Knowledge", visit for: Interactive Map, Inventory Cards, Detailed Inventory, and more...

Rhino Keeper
    I am so, so grateful for this forum. Not only is it a good guide for gameplay for the event, but also a good source of feedback from players. I’ve learned that I am not the only one having trouble loading my game. I also decided, based on comments here, to gem through the remaining 4 chalices I needed from neighbors. Not one came through overnight. And I have not had very many requests from my neighbors either. I had no problem with getting or giving the glass gloves.

Quote Originally Posted by TheQueenKnd View Post
    I'm stuck at 18 out of 20. ��
    So was I, and it was because the S8 servers miscounted my total.

I sent out nineteen requests five minutes after the daily event reset at midnight PDT. Two of my neighbors answered an hour later, which the News Feed recorded. However, the total number of Glass Chalices was still stuck at 0/15; force quitting and restarting the game did not help.

So, at the end of Chapter 9, I was stuck at 18/20, two short of the required; I'd sent out the twentieth request to Stormie, who did answer.

I chose to skip using sixteen Gems as I did not want any surprises coming up if I decided to send out additional requests during Chapter 10.

My Magic Forge is just eight minutes away from completing the Glass Armor, so that will be that for this event.

I've noticed from this and previous Storybook events that we should not dive into sending out requests immediately after the daily event resets that occur at midnight PDT for Chapters 5 and 9. Doing so usually results in a miscount by the server. Why does this happen? Well, I noticed that more often than not, the game is unstable for some time after the resets, and we experience more rollbacks than usual. This would likely result in the server incorrectly tallying our total answered requests. I have found in previous events that if I send out my requests two hours after the reset, I don't experience this miscount.

As to login issues, I'm curious whether the total number of neighbors we have might affect our login success. I have CS on several devices, and each queendom is on different levels of progress. I've found that my queendoms with very few neighbors always have no issues logging in, and they do so very quickly; usually in thirty seconds or less (even large queendoms), whereas those with pages and pages of neighbors will never log into the game in anything less than a minute, and these days? These queendoms will never successfully login without an extra tap or thousand on the "Try again" button. So, after this Storybook event ends, I'll visit every one of my neighbors and remove the inactive ones; those that have stopped playing.

Executive Chef
    Really annoyed. Completed the event, placed Lily on the board. Game crashed for no reason after a few seconds. Failed to load game multiple times and guess what? Game finally loaded, glass shop at level 10 but no Lily, not even in inventory. Emailed support but will probably not get a fix for some time since it’s the weekend?

Game crashing and loading failures are getting more frequent like some of you have been experiencing. Latest iPad and on a super fast business broadband (home is also a workplace) but still getting issues.
    Last edited by zoroak; 05-21-22 at 06:59 AM.