Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 04/29: The Tale of Brigidine Blair | optional gem purchase story

Rhino Keeper
    That’s all she comes down to really. A decorative item for your realm for those who want it. A daily dropper at 800 gems. What a rort. Not bagging those who’ve decided to get it. I’d love to get it myself. But I just think of what else I can get for that price. Several daily Ali’s come to mind. And 5 minutes of unlimited energy at the end? That’s an insult. Even 15 minutes of unlimited energy isn’t worth 800 gems. But,as SW pointed out, this is optional. Dirty tactics including a storyline to entice people into buying it, but still optional. Even if they put it on a 50% off sale,I’d stay away from it just out of principle now. But,kudos to those who did buy it,and letting us know what the so called storyline involves. ;-/

Will there be more to the story? something about a "hero" is mentioned ....

Rhino Keeper
    I imagined that for those 800 gems you would get something way cool, some extra goodies at the end of the story line. Like HagyPagy said, a companion of some sort of equal value with either energy or expansion permits. Not cool that this is basically a story line to wipe your inventory clean. 5 minutes of energy is worthless, especially when you have loads of stored energy. Though I like her appearance and would have purchased her for 400 gems, I'm giving this one a pass. Thank you for those of you who were brave enough to venture into this and provide the feedback.

Executive Chef
    First drop from our Witch was 6 energy and 2325 coins.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by hagypagy View Post
    I agree!
    For 800 gems, with a “storyline”, I was expecting an extra item or two. ie her house, or cauldron, or familiar pet.
    Very underwhelming Storm8.

She is beautifully designed though.
    An equally beautifully designed house and pet would have sealed the deal. A very strange "storyline" indeed!

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by Stymie52 View Post
    An equally beautifully designed house and pet would have sealed the deal. A very strange "storyline" indeed!
    For the price, I am waiting to see if there are continuing additions to the storyline, as well as a later "sale price" buy-in. I love the artwork, but agree a daily dropper with no associated buildings or pets, etc. is sort of underwhelming. Thank goodness I didn't decide to be a collector lolol or I would be sighing at the price for this addition to my collection.
    Plz add: SofiaDeo, pinkpresence (Pinks Place), impyLou (Queen Impylou), aaerie (Aaerie)
    Plz ask all 4 or none, thx

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by SofiaDeo View Post
    For the price, I am waiting to see if there are continuing additions to the storyline, as well as a later "sale price" buy-in. I love the artwork, but agree a daily dropper with no associated buildings or pets, etc. is sort of underwhelming. Thank goodness I didn't decide to be a collector lolol or I would be sighing at the price for this addition to my collection.
    As much as I might like to get the Blair witch, for the sake of those who’ve already shelled out 800 gems I hope there’s no ‘sale’ on it. I’ve often bought stuff before only to see it ‘on sale’ later and feel ripped off at the fact. I’d consider this at maybe 400 gems, max. Even that is pushing it. But I can imagine how stymie,hagy and others might feel after paying 800 gems, just to see it reduced. Of course,we all know it probably will go on sale. We know s8 would test the waters at an exorbitant price to see who will pay it, then reduce it later to try and get more to pay out thinking we’re getting a bargain. Why not just sell it at a reduced price in the first place and avoid the ill will generated by the over inflated price?

Volunteer Moderator SpiritWind00's Avatar
    Ok, all goals are done and the dialogue is, well, a little disturbing, but fitting for the character!

I've asked for some additional information about what is on the splash screen for the Brigidine Blair, so I'll come back to you all as soon as I can. Now to restock all the fruit! I might have to rename our woods to the Gimmer Orchard now...

800 gems! Really expected her to be a weekly. Have to admit I fell for it because this newer account needs energy droppers. REGRET it immensely! I haven't wasted all of the supplies yet, but since reading the posts and finding out it is only 5 minutes of energy I do not believe I will be finishing.
    Last edited by SpiritWind00; 05-02-22 at 04:35 AM. Reason: Removed flaming comments

I didn’t mind the depletion of my supplies cause they were just sitting there and almost never moving anyway. Besides, visiting the Clouds and battling the Wild Skyhawks and Dark Elves (for the Seal of the Dark Elf, Skyhawk Feather, and Cloud Stones) have mostly replenished my stores.

I would have liked a longer run of unlimited energy, cause five minutes of it only allowed me to get five Sea Cucumbers, but then I wasn’t shocked by their stinginess since they are very much like the Elves in the game.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast