Thread: How to keep progress when changing device ?

How to keep progress when changing device ?

The last time when I change from iPhone 3 to iPhone 4 and than to the current iPhone 6S Plus everytime I have to start all over again. If I change to iPhone 13 at the end of this year it will start all over again. All this progress would be a waste. Are there ways so that everytime people change phone/device that the progress be kept ??

Volunteer Moderator SpiritWind00's Avatar
    You've always been able to keep a game when a new device comes along. RS has been problematic bc of the cloud so getting Support to assist if it fails is common but easily done. Take screen shots of your game showing your coin and gem balance so you prove the account is yours. Instructions to transfer your own game are here.
    https://forums.storm8.com/showthread...-Limited-Games!

If you get stuck please post which bit didn't work and we will try to help you here. Good luck!

Moderator (volunteer) pixiegamer's Avatar
    In addition to what Spirit's suggestion above, can you check that you are logged into your account across all the devices you mentioned? If you are just downloading the game onto a new device for the first time, it will not automatically have you logged in to continue where you left off on another device.

To check your login: tap the S8 symbol in your game on the top right corner. A menu will drop down and say "Welcome, [USERNAME]!" (If you use the same username in your game as you do on the forums, it should say "Welcome, Bulek2307!").

If it says "Welcome, GUEST!", you will need to log into your account. Unfortunately, Restaurant Story does not always have a login feature on iOS due to Cloud settings as SpiritWind mentioned above. However, you may be able to transfer your game through Bakery Story:

1. Download both Bakery Story and Restaurant Story on the device on which you wish to transfer your games.

2. In Bakery Story: tap the S8 logo in the top right corner, and tap "Log In" or "Switch Account" (you will see one or the either depending on if you are recognized as a guest or a different user).

3. Sign in with your username and password.

4. NOTE: Logging in will cause your data across ALL Storm8 games you have ever played to be transferred to your device:

• Any Storm8 games you have on that device will now ALL be logged into the account you are logging in. With the specific games mentioned above, Bakery and Restaurant Story will be affected; but it will also affect any other S8 games you have installed on your device. (For example, if you also had Restaurant Story 2 installed, and had previously played up to Level 20 on a separate device with that username, it will transfer your Level 20 data to your new device as well).

• You will also be logged into any S8 games you had previously played, but are NOT installed on your new device. For example, if you had played Castle Story up to Level 15 on a previous device, but do not have it installed on your new device, then it will load your game with the Level 15 data when you install Castle Story. It will not start a new game.

5. The game dialog will ask you if you wish to transfer your game data, and show you which games (and their levels) will be ported over. Tap 'yes' if you want to transfer your game data.

6. Exit Bakery Story and start up Restaurant Story once again.

Hopefully, that should be able to help you transfer your Restaurant Story progress over. However, if you find yourself needing additional assistance, best to contact Support as SpiritWind detailed
    ~ Forum Moderator for Bakery Story and Restaurant Story ~

Bakery Story Quick Links: Game Guide | Master Box Guide | Bugs & Issues | Help Me I Have a Question
    Restaurant Story Quick Links: Game Guide | Master Box Guide | Bugs & Issues | Goal Prize Re-Locking Bug | Help Me I Have a Question
    Need Me? Send me a PM
    Having an issue with your game? Contact Storm8 Support
    Forum Rules: Check Here!
    ~ Gentle Reminder: Mods are players, just like you! I am not a Storm8 Employee ~

Host(ess)
    What if we forgot? I am trying to sign in on a new device. I used the ID that is in that drop down menu, & the password that I thought was correct, but it didnt work. So on the other device, I changed the password - twice. And I still can't sign in on the new one. I had another account, I had no problem signing into it on there, but that's not the account I want to use

Moderator (volunteer) pixiegamer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mstormyrose786 View Post
    What if we forgot? I am trying to sign in on a new device. I used the ID that is in that drop down menu, & the password that I thought was correct, but it didnt work. So on the other device, I changed the password - twice. And I still can't sign in on the new one. I had another account, I had no problem signing into it on there, but that's not the account I want to use
    Best to reach out to Support in this situation. You can file a ticket under "Account Recovery/Account Questions" and its best applicable sub-category here. Support should be able to help you change your password, recover your account, and/or transfer it to your second device.

Note that you will probably need to verify that the account is yours, so please have account details ready if you can (ex. what Storm8 games you played; what levels you reached in these games; coin/gem count if you can remember; if you had any particular rare items; etc).

Hope it goes well!
    ~ Forum Moderator for Bakery Story and Restaurant Story ~

Bakery Story Quick Links: Game Guide | Master Box Guide | Bugs & Issues | Help Me I Have a Question
    Restaurant Story Quick Links: Game Guide | Master Box Guide | Bugs & Issues | Goal Prize Re-Locking Bug | Help Me I Have a Question
    Need Me? Send me a PM
    Having an issue with your game? Contact Storm8 Support
    Forum Rules: Check Here!
    ~ Gentle Reminder: Mods are players, just like you! I am not a Storm8 Employee ~

Host(ess)
    Thanks