Thread: Need tips on finishing goals

Need tips on finishing goals

I?m coming down to the last hours of the 15 day goal. I?m going to be 10 ?items? short. I will not be able to reach the end of the goal. Just wondering on those that are finishing how are you able to do it. Do you just build more stoves or do you use gems to finish? Or do you just use a timer and make sure you do everything right on time? Just wondering. It doesn?t seem like this game is going to change anytime soon so I?m wondering what you all do to accomplish these goals. Please know I?m not looking for complaints as I?m right there with you. I?m just honestly looking for tips on what everyone does. Thanks.

Fashion Designer
    I build 6 ovens of each and I never had trouble finishing on time. By the time I'm on the second oven, I usually have 4 or 5 of the first oven built. Then as I work on the second oven goals, I'm still baking the 2 hr recipe on the first oven which means I have collectables dropping every 2-3 hours from my first (and second until I move onto the 7hr recipe) ovens. I use those to finish building out 6 first ovens. This means I get three of the second oven built just through requests and gifts although I do use my collectables if I need like 2-3 more parts towards the end of the day when I know I've gone through all my requests and gifts. Then I slowly work up to getting 6 of the second oven built as I work on the goals since they require so many servings anyway.

So basically my build goes like this: 4-5 (first oven) -> 3 (second oven through requests/gifts) & 5-6 (first oven through collectibles) -> 6 (second oven).

I don't use a timer to make sure everything is right on time but I do check my recipes within 1-2 hours of when they're finished. So I never spoil any recipes and I don't lose too much time in between current and next set of recipes.

Thank You!

Quote Originally Posted by monstertop View Post
    I build 6 ovens of each and I never had trouble finishing on time. By the time I'm on the second oven, I usually have 4 or 5 of the first oven built. Then as I work on the second oven goals, I'm still baking the 2 hr recipe on the first oven which means I have collectables dropping every 2-3 hours from my first (and second until I move onto the 7hr recipe) ovens. I use those to finish building out 6 first ovens. This means I get three of the second oven built just through requests and gifts although I do use my collectables if I need like 2-3 more parts towards the end of the day when I know I've gone through all my requests and gifts. Then I slowly work up to getting 6 of the second oven built as I work on the goals since they require so many servings anyway.

So basically my build goes like this: 4-5 (first oven) -> 3 (second oven through requests/gifts) & 5-6 (first oven through collectibles) -> 6 (second oven).

I don't use a timer to make sure everything is right on time but I do check my recipes within 1-2 hours of when they're finished. So I never spoil any recipes and I don't lose too much time in between current and next set of recipes.
    Thank you for taking the time. I sincerely appreciate it.

As far as side goals cook the item that take longer to make first. Always build 6 ovens at least from initial start of goal. If you only do less than that sure to fail. Always have 700,000 in coins at least also.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by HalibelsChocolatte View Post
    As far as side goals cook the item that take longer to make first. Always build 6 ovens at least from initial start of goal. If you only do less than that sure to fail. Always have 700,000 in coins at least also.
    Cool. Thanks. I actually have 5,875,000+ coins. I don?t buy a whole lot. 😃 But yeah the consensus seems to be 6 stoves. I usually have 4 and have been struggling.

New Resident
    I tend to build 5 of the first oven and then concentrate all power on building the second up until the final ~20 hours of the goal. Depending on my neighbors and how consistently I bake on the first ovens, this can net me between 6-8 of the second goal oven. There's also the collectible grinding strategy where you make, prepare, and then cancel recipes so more of them pop out (on the first recipe per oven you can make, prepare, and then store the oven to achieve this effect).

For side goals, and this may be obvious but for safety's sake I'll mention it, if I'm baking a batch to finish off a section (say, I only need to bake 10 daisy cake to finish part 2), I'll bake as many as i can fit on my ovens, since they'll apply to the next section and mean I have less to do later. I've routinely been able to complete side goals within the first three or four days of a goal, even without splurging on the extra appliance slots.

This also may be obvious, but most recipes don't spoil until their cook time has passed, so 2 hour recipes don't spoil until ~2 hours after they finished (it's actually somewhat longer I've found, but I'm not sure exactly how long, so bank on 2). Meaning, if you have a 4 hour obligation you can still reliably bake and serve those recipes, and the 5 hour recipes can generally go overnight without spoiling before you wake up.

Apologies if most of this was intuitive and already obvious, but I wanted to make sure I didn't assume something obvious to me was to everyone. Apologies as well for the wall of text lol

Executive Chef
    I build three to four ovens on the first one and I complete my goal fine. You don’t fail with those amount. Just saying. Not all neighbored answer request right away.

New Resident
    Once you unlock the 2nd recipe you can cancel the recipe you are working and select the other recipe to drop the collectibles. I do this to collect more parts sooner. I'll start doing this once I unlock the 2nd oven to build quicker. It wastes gold so it depends on your goals.

Personally, I'm focused on unlocking the oven/mastering the recipes so it works for me.

Feel free to add me sweet891. I'm a daily player and gift/accept requests.

Host(ess)
    Agreed with all these. Having neighbors that respond quickly and completing the first oven the first night and 1/day after that. I can't make the 3 hour recipes overnight, but try to get a round of 5 hours overnight. I usually buy 4-6 of the first oven, but I only worry about completing the recipes.

Somewhere along building first ovens, my neighbors switch to sending second oven parts so we're requesting parts for the first ovens, and sending parts for the second ovens. This means it takes two days to complete each first oven, but you get a head start on the second ones. I've gone back and forth on this and I'm still undecided if it's better or not.

Don't request first oven parts on the day that you'll finish the 5 hour recipes. Wait until you start the second ovens to send requests. I've also been saving my collectables as much as possible. Use those to complete the second ovens and (as mentioned above) work on the 2 hour recipes on both ovens to gain collectables.

I've usually been lucky enough to finish the 2-hour recipes on the second oven at night. My first batch of 7-hour is overnight.

At this point I count the rounds I'll need to bake to finish each goal and complete ovens to hit this evenly. i.e. 4 ovens will complete 16 recipes in 4 rounds, but if I have 18 , it's going to take 5 rounds and 5 ovens doesn't really help, it's still going to take 5 rounds. In that case, I might complete one of the first ovens. I usually master the 2-hour recipes on the first ovens while I'm working on the 10-hour recipes on the second oven.

Counting rounds/goal for the 10-hour is most important. Also realize you won't be able to get more than 2 rounds/day. By now you'll know if you have enough ovens to complete the goal or if you still need to build.

I've finished the last couple of goals with 5 of each, but I work remote and can catch 2-hour recipes pretty quick. I've also got some great neighbors.

I?m a 10 year player who?s quitting. I can?t keep up with these goals. I work full time and often miss the 2 hour window. Why do they require so many parts for the ovens? There?s no way to earn gems aside from finishing recipes because they took my gem videos away. The new ovens cost 25 gems but you only receive 6 gems.