Page 26 of 43 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728293036 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 03/17: A Rainy Fae | event information on page 1

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by mymonta View Post
    Really? oh, wow, I would not click on the hearts if I knew that. Could SpiritWind confirm when she is on next? My understanding was that it was supposed to give a "boost" and be helpful to the other player. In Dragon Story, when we visit a neighbor and click on a habitat, it increases the amount of coins they get the next time they collect from that habitat.

Also, I know SW is totally on top of things, so I am assuming that she has already alerted the powers that be that people are experiencing log-in issues. As she sometimes helps with Dragon Story forum, also, she is aware of the log in issues there. Maybe there is a connection that S8 can figure out on their end?
    Nugget #3 Neighbors has the info that clicking hearts doubles the XP the next time the building is collected.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by stormyskater View Post
    Nugget #3 Neighbors has the info that clicking hearts doubles the XP the next time the building is collected.
    Thank you! Well people visit and leave messages on people's walls all the time saying how they helped out by clicking on hearts. Now I wish they wouldn't - I have leveled up too quickly and am about to hit "high level" on all my accounts and will be required to do the extra work in all the events now. Also, like you said, don't want to cause others to level up too quickly. Up until Level 40, it's nice to keep leveling up and getting new storylines, but after that it is good to slow down!
    I've spent thousands of dollars on Storm8 games, but I'm still not valued by the company.

Rhino Keeper
    Managed to Log In…Raced around like a thing possessed to get the chapter done.
    Code Red Stand Down Yarnia!��
    #cowshavenotbeenmilkedindays ��*♀️

Rhino Keeper
    Thank you! Well people visit and leave messages on people's walls all the time saying how they helped out by clicking on hearts. Now I wish they wouldn't - I have leveled up too quickly and am about to hit "high level" on all my accounts and will be required to do the extra work in all the events now. Also, like you said, don't want to cause others to level up too quickly. Up until Level 40, it's nice to keep leveling up and getting new storylines, but after that it is good to slow down!
    Note to self..say hi but don’t click on hearts on lower level neighbours ;-)

Farm Supplier
    I, for one, appreciated all the help I could get leveling up early on. It's not much fun to play at the beginning, always struggling for energy. I did skip one weekday warrior to stay low level for one last event, and tend to leave my neighbors in the low 40's alone just in case they want to stay low too. At level 50, I appreciate what appears to be a coin boost and suspect perhaps better drops at times from the buildings/characters that are sparkling from a visit.

Moderator (volunteer) SpiritWind00's Avatar
    Really? oh, wow, I would not click on the hearts if I knew that. Could SpiritWind confirm when she is on next? My understanding was that it was supposed to give a "boost" and be helpful to the other player. In Dragon Story, when we visit a neighbor and click on a habitat, it increases the amount of coins they get the next time they collect from that habitat.

Also, I know SW is totally on top of things, so I am assuming that she has already alerted the powers that be that people are experiencing log-in issues. As she sometimes helps with Dragon Story forum, also, she is aware of the log in issues there. Maybe there is a connection that S8 can figure out on their end?
    Hearts, XP and social ratings are all interrelated.
    The only things on your board which can get sparkled by visitors (& once hearted, will drop 2XP instead of 1XP + 20% extra coins, where it applies) are those items on your board which show you the brown/purple sack or the yellow coin when they're ready for collection.

When you click on a heart in someone else's kingdom, it increases your social rating and this is really only useful for appearing in community screens if you have your auto-tick on for wanting neighbours.

Players who are in their game a lot will trigger their own levelling up as every collection action triggers an XP. Considering how many XP you need to keep levelling up, neighbours leaving hearts for you will be a minimal impact. Personally when I visit for these goals I don't leave a footprint as I figure that for low level kingdoms, they will want their own neighbours to visit and see the hearts, especially when there might only be a few relevant buildings.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by ShibuyaCloth View Post
    You need the babies for the adventures! I'll cross check as this was the setup of the last storybook event.
    According to the goals that SpiritWind wrote out, there are 3 fights with giant roads and 1 free baby toads adventure.

Chapter 8
    8 - 1 Fight Giant Toads (Watch out for the tongue!) LL: 2 | HL: 3
    8 - 2 Visit the Tavern (Let's get a drink that isn't water!) LL: 1 | HL: 2
    8 - 3 [LL] Give Grits (I'm a hungry raindrop!) x5
    8 - 3 [HL] Give Pasta (I'm a hungry raindrop!) x7
    8 - 4 Free the Baby Toads (Look at them hop!) x1
    8 - 5 Upgrade the Rainwater Mill to Lv. 8 (Use your upgrade supplies!) - REWARD: 1 Baby Toads

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by SpiritWind00 View Post
    Hearts, XP and social ratings are all interrelated.
    The only things on your board which can get sparkled by visitors (& once hearted, will drop 2XP instead of 1XP + 20% extra coins, where it applies) are those items on your board which show you the brown/purple sack or the yellow coin when they're ready for collection.

When you click on a heart in someone else's kingdom, it increases your social rating and this is really only useful for appearing in community screens if you have your auto-tick on for wanting neighbours.

Players who are in their game a lot will trigger their own levelling up as every collection action triggers an XP. Considering how many XP you need to keep levelling up, neighbours leaving hearts for you will be a minimal impact. Personally when I visit for these goals I don't leave a footprint as I figure that for low level kingdoms, they will want their own neighbours to visit and see the hearts, especially when there might only be a few relevant buildings.
    Thank you for the information!
    I've spent thousands of dollars on Storm8 games, but I'm still not valued by the company.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by are1000 View Post
    According to the goals that SpiritWind wrote out, there are 3 fights with giant roads and 1 free baby toads adventure.
    We do the Adventure "Free the Baby Toad" 9 times this event, at the higher levels, starting mmm Chapter 3? So even if you didn't want to make the Giant toad, you need more than 3 baby toads overall. But in this kind of event, doing as many Adventures as possible early on can get you other event items. They don't use Gold items, they are short at 2 hours, and help a lot for later chapters. Many got 2 Raindroppettes early on, and even though they aren't dropping Event stuff early, they were ready to collect from instead of having to wait for the 2 free ones. So I spent a lot of energy collecting hides & water to keep doing multiple adventures every 2 hours.
    Plz add: SofiaDeo, pinkpresence (Pinks Place), impyLou (Queen Impylou), aaerie (Aaerie)
    Plz ask all 4 or none, thx

Executive Chef
    Just came on to check if others have also had trouble logging in today. What is it with this event??