Page 32 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2228293031323334 LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 03/03: Celtic Dancing Queen | event information on page 1

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by fari2021 View Post
    I read somewhere, lower level players got gold to help make hounds. I didn?t get any gold nuggets. I am collecting from mines non stop and not a nugget. I had 11 from before so could craft 3 hounds and can?t get just 1 more nugget to drop to craft another. Everything is on time but I might not able to finish event just cause of hounds.
    I don't remember this specifically, but did comment that in the previous event, chopping the event items gave gold nuggets. Which could have been saved instead of trying to go on Adventures to get the donkey. And that quite often IMO, doing an earlier event often contributed to a later event. And that WW was a good time to "stock up" on items. If you don't have a lot of Gold Nuggets, and aren't really too coin poor, buying and chopping rocks during WW can often get you at least a few. There was a comment also way back in an earlier thread about people recommending Not letting get certain items get below 20 count, and using WW to try to top them off.

I also commented a while back, that when I realized I was struggling to finish my first few events due to lack of resources and item droppers, I spent a few months building my accounts up. Instead of attempting to finish events. Doing 2 day Fellora plants to get coin, obtaining 2 each of the stables, etc. Leveling up at least one of each resource dropper to decrease collection time and increase drops. Adding extra farmhouses, cottages, chickens, pigs, cows. I did do Community Events then to craft item droppers from the Fairy Chests, and my goal then was simply to get the Energy Chests, which I stored. After a few months of this, I started doing events again. For really great prizes (to me, anyway) I would budget for a Value Pack, or strategically spend 100 or so gems to get a quicker progression. I bought gems on sale, or with a prize I liked. S8 is a company not a public service, so if you aren't spending any real $ at all I don't think it's fair to them to complain about "never finishing". And if you haven't spent some time getting a somewhat well-established account with a moderate stockpile of resources, plus resource droppers, you can't expect to finish! People often post projected energy needs during the first day or so, do some math and see if you can expect to finish. But note the really great prizes are generally going to take more time/energy/resources.

I do think it's "fair" to comment/complain when we see gross inconsistencies (like being forced into a Leaderboard when only long time players/big spenders are able to get the prizes) or when favorable (to us) mistakes are corrected mid-event such that lower level players can't also get the benefit of it. I am really surprised and incensed at the "go" button switch. Why not just re-code it back to the "gems per item" like is usually the way this is coded? Especially since the Hounds aren't guaranteed droppers. S8, how can you expect people to become excited about being "collectors" and willing to spend real $ when stuff like this is done?
    Last edited by SofiaDeo; 03-15-22 at 11:26 AM.
    Plz add: SofiaDeo, pinkpresence (Pinks Place), impyLou (Queen Impylou), aaerie (Aaerie)
    Plz ask all 4 or none, thx

Quote Originally Posted by SofiaDeo View Post
    This is great! Hoping you get it all done. It really helps to have enough critters, buildings, etc. to collect from when an event requires them. FWIW I built an extra Tavern I keep parked off to the side, for the rare event requiring a couple of Tavern visits. I remember making a couple extra Markets as well as Libraries.
    Almost there! Shoes are making. 2 flags left to make. Yes I have few taverns and jewellers out just in case we need them. I have played this game for years with some breaks and I really enjoy it. Some events are more frustrating than others but for me this one was not terrible. Usually I am in more of a time crunch but looks like I will be able to finish today. It did help that I had saved 30 nuggets otherwise would be bad. Also my daily energy droppers are a life saver as I have no saved energy or gems. And goes without saying but this forum is the most helpful thing ever for those who don?t spend money or only spend a little bit, without it I would never be able to finish any of these timed events.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by TheQueenKnd View Post
    Sometimes I wait a day or half a day to start an event so I can see if I need what the prize offers. I?ve actually skipped a few recently and I felt relieved that I did.
    Quote Originally Posted by RoyalBlue305 View Post
    That's probably smart. I should've for sure skipped this one. I usually don't do well in the Choppy Chop Chop/Collection Events. They're just basically impossible to finish unless you have max stored energy.
    I have 7 arrows and 18 Silver Coins. To finish making the shoes it's 450 gems and that doesn't even get me to end. It's a real bummer that the skip button was available and then removed.
    I’ve often skipped events in the past. Usually when I thought the prize drops weren’t worth it,or I didn’t like the look of the prizes. ‘Cause really,at the end of the day,it’s all just decor for our realms,isn’t it? ;-) it’s a good way to store energy. When you think about it,finishing an event can cost upwards of 3,4,5k in energy,let alone the leaderboards,where 20,000 energy can go in a flash if you’re really trying. So,by skipping a few events that you aren’t too keen on,or know you can’t finish,you can stockpile your energy. It’s amazing how quickly you can build it up. Ultimately,early days you’re gonna have to part with some real life coin to buy gems. Buy some daily energy droppers when they have sales. Or in the barons tent. I’d rather two or three dailies over one weekly. Better value for money IMO,and the occasional 50 or 100 energy drops is a bonus. And just think of the stress you’re avoiding not worrying about making sure you don’t miss the troll camp or ivy’s hut,or having to check in every ten minutes for your farmhouses to spawn a monster you need to fight for some drop you need for crafting.lol. I know some people will say they love playing the game,want to try for every event,etc. but if you invest a bit of coin early on,just focus on building up your realm with the buildings,etc you?ll need,get energy droppers when you can,skip events you don?t have a keen interest in, things will be much easier. Oh,and read the forum ;-) the info,and tips, from some of the other players,is invaluable.
    Last edited by roksta72; 03-15-22 at 03:42 PM. Reason: Editing the editing

Host(ess)
    Quote Originally Posted by roksta72 View Post
    I’ve often skipped events in the past. Usually when I thought the prize drops weren’t worth it,or I didn’t like the look of the prizes. ‘Cause really,at the end of the day,it’s all just decor for our realms,isn’t it? ;-) it’s a good way to store energy. When you think about it,finishing an event can cost upwards of 3,4,5k in energy,let alone the leaderboards,where 20,000 energy can go in a flash if you’re really trying. So,by skipping a few events that you aren’t too keen on,or know you can’t finish,you can stockpile your energy. It’s amazing how quickly you can build it up. Ultimately,early days you’re gonna have to part with some real life coin to buy gems. Buy some daily energy droppers when they have sales. Or in the barons tent. I’d rather two or three dailies over one weekly. Better value for money IMO,and the occasional 50 or 100 energy drops is a bonus. And just think of the stress you’re avoiding not worrying about making sure you don’t miss the troll camp or ivy’s hut,or having to check in every ten minutes for your farmhouses to spawn a monster you need to fight for some drop you need for crafting.lol. I know some people will say they love playing the game,want to try for every event,etc. but if you invest a bit of coin early on,just focus on building up your realm with the buildings,etc you?ll need,get energy droppers when you can,skip events you don?t have a keen interest in, things will be much easier. Oh,and read the forum ;-) the info,and tips, from some of the other players,is invaluable.
    This may be a silly question but how can one “stock pile energy” when you’re capped at 40 unless you collected from your droppers. I then use that energy right away.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by RoyalBlue305 View Post
    That's probably smart. I should've for sure skipped this one. I usually don't do well in the Choppy Chop Chop/Collection Events. They're just basically impossible to finish unless you have max stored energy.

I have 7 arrows and 18 Silver Coins. To finish making the shoes it's 450 gems and that doesn't even get me to end. It's a real bummer that the skip button was available and then removed.
    I try to do the ones that have energy droppers as rewards because I always need energy. Lol. And I agree that it was wrong to take the skip button away; if they made an error, they should have just fixed it the next event.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by keeksbeats View Post
    This may be a silly question but how can one ?stock pile energy? when you?re capped at 40 unless you collected from your droppers. I then use that energy right away.
    You can have more than 40 energy. When you finally get a bunch of items that drop energy, as you collect from them the total energy goes up. So if you aren't using energy by playing except for collecting from energy droppers, you can stockpile it. Once you get over 40 energy, the free energy points that the game gives every 3 minutes stop accumulating. So if I have 40 daily droppers, and they each give 4-10 energy, I will have up to 400 energy after collecting from them all. If I did this for a 2 week event (and I got 10 energy from each), I would get around 5000 energy points. Then I could start the next event with most all the energy needed to finish, I would just need to make sure I followed whatever timers to collect drops needed for crafting event items.
    , craft them in time, etc.

I am not sure I explained this well, if someone has a better way to explain it, please do!
    Plz add: SofiaDeo, pinkpresence (Pinks Place), impyLou (Queen Impylou), aaerie (Aaerie)
    Plz ask all 4 or none, thx

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by SofiaDeo View Post
    You can have more than 40 energy. When you finally get a bunch of items that drop energy, as you collect from them the total energy goes up. So if you aren't using energy by playing except for collecting from energy droppers, you can stockpile it. Once you get over 40 energy, the free energy points that the game gives every 3 minutes stop accumulating. So if I have 40 daily droppers, and they each give 4-10 energy, I will have up to 400 energy after collecting from them all. If I did this for a 2 week event (and I got 10 energy from each), I would get around 5000 energy points. Then I could start the next event with most all the energy needed to finish, I would just need to make sure I followed whatever timers to collect drops needed for crafting event items.
    , craft them in time, etc.

I am not sure I explained this well, if someone has a better way to explain it, please do!
    Sounds pretty good to me,ms.S. I skipped a number of events,just collecting from my energy droppers,and bare essentials, and,as you said,when you are at your 40 limit,the counter goes past it. Ie.100/40. The 40 being our usual limit. Over time(I’ve been playing since2013), i’ve watched my energy counter go up and up. Not to brag or anything,as I know there’s players with way more energy than I. I kind of sacrificed general game play to stock pile energy. Also gave me time for actual real life stuff when I was just checking in once or twice a day for a few minutes.lol.

Executive Chef
    I start every day collecting from (most) of my dailies which adds 200-300 energy, more if one of them is generous. My weeklies can add a couple of thousand on up. So it does build up fast. Someone early on said this event could use about 5000 energy. Since I replenish frequently, I don?t know for sure but that doesn?t sound off. Unfortunately not all events are achievable for all players - I try to keep my important resources as close to full as possible. I was down nuggets from the MRC and down lumin essence from the Elven Outpost. I finished this event in about eight days (without skipping) so spent my time building those back up.

For me, it?s mainly about the decor - so I too have stopped some events when I don?t care for the look of the prizes and don?t need the drops.

New Resident
    Omg the last 2 collection of hounds.. no silver coins!!! Are u kidding me?? I even went ahead and crafted another hound and now I think I shouldn't have and shouldve just given up. There's only 3 collections left and I still need 15 silver coins. Dont think imma make it. Wasted so much energy and now 12 golden nuggets 4 nothing. The least they can do 2 be fair is to make the hounds a guaranteed dropper of silver coins. So disappointing.

Rhino Keeper
    Not happy with the hound drop rate at all. I think if the timer for the buildings or animals you need to collect from is over 4 hours long it should be a guaranteed drop rather than it being random that or at least let us craft more so we have a chance to finish it.