Page 8 of 34 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 03/03: Celtic Dancing Queen | event information on page 1

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by SofiaDeo View Post
    Since it was an hour to make the feast before crafting the 2 hour hound, and collection from the hound is 6 hours, I got all 5 made & placed before my first was ready to collect. I would hope that drops will start as soon as they are crafted, placed, and ready to collect 6 hours later, or people chopping rocks to get nuggets or waiting for a later Value Pack (which I would assume contains some Gold Nuggets) or from Gold Mines or other Nugget droppers won't be able to finish. Maybe a hound will be in a later Value Pack too, or a number of coins.
    Like I said before: add the gold nugget drop to the celtic ruins and most people would be able to craft a few hounds?

Fashion Designer
    I only made one hound. The game sure doesn't make it clear you need more. Not till you find it's a single drop and is six hourly, that's when the penny dropped.
    So glad I came in for a read. I was enjoying playing without hints for a while though.
    Last edited by Flowersandgems; 03-05-22 at 11:51 PM.

Does anyone have a picture of what the Irish hound looks like? This one is impossible there?s no way too many glimmer dust needed and too much money needed and too much energy needed so I am not doing it. I also really wish that when they have items for sale that they?re not all gem items I wish they?d put some coin items on sale

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by Flowersandgems View Post
    I only made one hound. The game sure doesn't make it clear you need more. Not till you find it's a single drop and is hourly, that's when the penny dropped.
    So glad I came in for a read. I was enjoying playing without hints for a while though.
    Same, when I saw a six hour timer on the hound I thought it would be better to check if he was a multi dropper. Turns out that after six hours the silver coin isn't guaranteed and we need more than fifty to fully upgrade. I wouldn't mind crafting more to make sure that I finish on time, after all an energy and gold item dropper are very interesting prizes, but I only have enough nuggets for an extra hound. Can't recall any event that required these many nuggets to complete. I agree that chopping the celtic ruin should also yield the occasional nugget to make this doable.

Executive Chef
    With the circle upgrade requirement being 20 coins and a 6 hour timer on the hound, I think it is implied we need more than one. Previous events have shown, to try to max out on any crafted event item dropper. I can't recall an event where only doing 1 of a crafted item allowed one to finish, if there were numerous lengthy non-guaranteed drops needed. The gems needed for the celtic feast is what, 55? (Mine is unreadable because I maxxed out) So spending a couple hundred gems may be better than trying for gold nuggets. IMO the most desirable items will always be difficult to obtain, and cost a few bucks. Either upfront expense from investing in alicorns/gold mines/glimmerdust troves etc. up front, or getting the Value Packs, or by gemming at critical points in the events.

I will try to remember to snap inventory pics after next collection, here is a hound near by a rune:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1469234C-C3EC-4AC1-8939-99CAE25349C2.jpeg 
Views:	28 
Size:	304.1 KB 
ID:	62490

This AM, on 3 accounts I collected 4 of 5 possible coins, on the last one I only got 3 coins of a possible 5.

The baby ogre from the last event has dropped glimmerdust intermittently. I think that the gold nugget drops from the last event were to set us up for this one. For some reason, I think I am occasionally seeing a new event requiring something the previous event provided. So we were supposed to save a bunch of those nuggets for This event. Or at least chop a bunch of rocks in WW to replenish any nuggets we are low on, or collect glimmerdust until it's full, or whatever. And FWIW, the Snowy Knights from an earlier event have been dropping 3-4 waters at a time, for those needing water.
    Last edited by SofiaDeo; 03-05-22 at 08:16 AM.
    Plz add: SofiaDeo, pinkpresence (Pinks Place), impyLou (Queen Impylou), aaerie (Aaerie)
    Plz ask all 4 or none, thx

Rhino Keeper
    For those of you that have multiple accounts if you don’t mind my asking how do you manage the events and Queendom/Kingdom Goals. I find it a challenge with one account. Thanks in advance for any replies.

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by SofiaDeo View Post
    AndFWIW, the Snowy Knights from an earlier event have been dropping 3-4 waters at a time, for those needing water.
    All my Snowy Knights just dropped only 2 waters each. Back to wells and ponds.

Rhino Keeper
    Thanks for your advice, I did have enough nuggets for a second hound and fingers crossed the drops are good from those two. If more nuggets drop, I'll make as many hounds as possible.
    I checked the previous event that is similar to this one (thank you Shibuya for the link) and the equivalent item to the hound had a 4 hour timer in that event (which would help a lot - S8, please consider changing if you're reading this). Also S8 gifted nuggets to lower level players so they could craft the item necessary to finish (great idea too). As for gemming for nuggets, for a couple of hundred gems I can get guaranteed energy droppers from the sale, with no extra chopping required, so I think I'll pass on that idea.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by Ki250 View Post
    For those of you that have multiple accounts if you don?t mind my asking how do you manage the events and Queendom/Kingdom Goals. I find it a challenge with one account. Thanks in advance for any replies.
    I am disabled/retired and have time to play if I choose. I also have a budget for gaming, I can/have purchased alicorns, gold mines, etc. and can spend $ on gemming or event packs if I want to. If you are trying to play completely for free, IMO it is extremely difficult the first few years to accomplish everything needed for event completion. Main storylines can be done, but until enough time has gone by to have crafted/obtained a number of items in the Mythic Research Center to where you can get a supply of the various energy/gold/glimmerdust etc. droppers, it is challenging.

I also have to set alarms on my phone's clock. These are labelled (Wizard School, Glimmerdust, Hounds, etc. for this event). I may not get to them immediately, but especially for bottlenecks like the Hounds in this event, I need to remember to get collections done. I can pop in just to collect and the label tells me *what* so I don't have to spend a lot of time trying to remember the critical things I need. I also have an area dedicated to event "things". Plus, I group items by what they drop as opposed to color or other themes. Not as pretty/aesthetically pleasing, but it's functional. And in each account items are roughly grouped in similar areas, so I don't spend time trying to find the various items I am trying to collect from.

Even spending $, I realized early on I wasn't going to be able to finish events until the account had built up a number of items to certain levels. So I spent some time (3-4 months) getting flocks of animals, building my resource droppers up to shorten their collection time/improve drops, and get *intermediate event prizes* that dropped water, eggs, milk, etc. so I didn't have to use game coin. I got community event energy chests & saved them for later events, I got a bunch of horses so only used them plus the daily Blue Dire Boar for Monster Hunts. I took advantage of WW to top off everything, and kept anything that dropped decent coins out to collect from during these events. When I got enough coin, I spent time on WW chopping rocks looking for Gold Nuggets. I also read a post from someone who recommended Not letting things get below 20 count, and focused on this during WW replenishments. So for example, I wouldn't have let my Gold Nuggets get below 20 on the last event trying to do Adventures to get the donkey. I try not to expand using ALL my expansion permits. You just never know what will be needed for an event!
    Last edited by SofiaDeo; 03-05-22 at 12:23 PM.
    Plz add: SofiaDeo, pinkpresence (Pinks Place), impyLou (Queen Impylou), aaerie (Aaerie)
    Plz ask all 4 or none, thx

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by Melany77 View Post
    Celtic Warrior - cloudberry, seal of the faun, wisp essence
    Celtic Archer - cloudberry, seal of the faun, wisp essence

Don't know if I should be happy or unhappy about this. Been asking for this for a long time, but now that I'm close to maxing out on windchaser permits, this will be not much more than decorations for me
    That?s insane!! I still have 1+ row of windchaser expansions to do in the island. Not to mention a bunch of the old explorer permit expansions to do. And you are maxed out on the permits!! Wow!

Page 8 of 34 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast