Page 17 of 28 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 2/17: Ogre The Hill event + s38 MH/LB | prize and goal info on page 1

Executive Chef
    One way or the other, it seems like the majority of us are disappointed in the way that this additional "challenge" has come about and that we can't all obtain the dragon.

I see quite a difference in the comments by long term players and those of us who are not that experienced. Personally, I do want more crowns. There are walkers that I would like to purchase. and pretty much any prize chest I can get holds at least some value to me. I have nothing crafted from the MRC yet! I don't have enough energy to battle a million golems, so I can't accumulate gold troll tokens very quickly. Having an additional MH to get more tokens is helpful to me. I just wish that there were a different grand prize or, like I said earlier, that the dragon were the final milestone so that everyone could at least strive to get it.
    I've spent thousands of dollars on Storm8 games, but I'm still not valued by the company.

Executive Chef
    NOT a fan of 2 events at the same time - and this is coming from player who is basically sitting on pretty much unlimited energy. We need those little 2-3 day breaks between evenrs - or even that 1 week if we manage to finish early. The extra stress is terrible. Please at least give us multiple HIT button when fighting monsters not 3 exactly the same ones. Instead of having like 3 hit buttons with same results- how about a 5, 10, 15 HIT button - which would deliver 15 hits with single button hit. Would make it more manageable for players- clicking your phone to the same place for 4 hours otherwise is very very boring.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by Flowersandgems View Post
    I can't believe that after all our comments about the dragon, they have made him available to only 2 in 20 players.
    I'm still tired from the last monster hunt. Having managed second place I expect to be in a high playing set of players, so I'm not even going to try.
    And the 2300 points goal prize should be the dragon.
    Really S8, really?
    Couldn't agree more about the dragon being the goal prize. Tho I'm not tired from the last monster hunt as I didn't bother ;-)
    I want the dragon,but goes against the grain feeling forced to compete in leaderboard events to get things. It's not the Aussie way to be a bully. We help each other, not step all over people. then again,the way the world is nowadays,maybe I'm living in a fantasy land 🤔
    Last edited by roksta72; 02-24-22 at 09:01 PM.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by SgtBeebo View Post
    Thank you for your feedback, feel free to share more, and we'll definitely consider it for future events. The Leaderboard is an optional event to play if you want to try and achieve the dragon. We're striving to provide challenges for players who finish the community event early, and this form of LB and its prizes were planned months ago as we tried to find new ways to challenge players in our community events without making the event itself harder.
    Thank you for some feedback sarge ;-) I know you plan events months in advance,but negative feedback about leaderboards has been going on since they first started. Why insist on keeping them? You'll get more people spending actual coin when we want things as opposed to feeling like we are being forced to buy gems to finish events or keep up in lb's.

Thank you for your feedback, feel free to share more, and we'll definitely consider it for future events. The Leaderboard is an optional event to play if you want to try and achieve the dragon. We're striving to provide challenges for players who finish the community event early, and this form of LB and its prizes were planned months ago as we tried to find new ways to challenge players in our community events without making the event itself harder.
    I must say I am puzzled that you claim to be striving to find new ways to challenge players and yet you choose a format that players complain about over and over. We like the Monster Hunts. We despise the Leaderboards. Why is that so hard to understand? And making a prize people want only available to only 10% of players? This time you don?t even have a nice consolation prize for 2300 points. Two thumbs down for not listening to your players. Or not caring. I?m not sure which it is.

Executive Chef
    Thanks for the reply.
    But the leaderboard is not optional - EVERYONE is placed in a competing group of 20.
    Also putting a highly desired prize in the top spot forces players to engage as there is NO OTHER WAY of obtaining it.

It’s been said countless times: LBs are very tedious and boring gameplay.

It is incredibly disappointing (if this has been planned for months) that no other prizes or deco were created.
    So it’s worse than a regular LB as there is zero reward unless you place 1st or 2nd.

I was genuinely excited for the new “challenge” when it was announced.
    That excitement has been replaced with resentment - as a LB is the worse thing you could give us.
    AND it excludes 90% of players who can not win the prize.

I feel an apology item should be on the way.

(I should mention I’m a long term player, with large energy resource, and will probably place 1st or 2nd regardless with no money or gems spent.
    But I’m still upset that 90% of players are excluded with this.)

Executive Chef
    One thing we may not be cognizant of on these boards - we are likely only a very small percent of players. It?s possible that Leaderboards are quite profitable for the company and a major reason why so many others (like me) are able to play this great game for free. Good game programmers are not cheap! So LB?s in general don?t bother me - they really are optional because no one is forced to participate to continue the main storyline, and normally there is some kind of deco prize that all participants can strive for.

But this trial way to supplement an event for players who have finished (or waiting out the troll camp drops) seems to have a disconnect with the stated intention. I think the biggest issue was how it was presented on the splash screen - that led people to believe that the prize was potentially obtainable for all with enough time and effort. In retrospect, it might have worked better as a surprise. Or as a craftable reward for collecting enough special tokens - people still miss being able to do that.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by hagypagy View Post
    Thanks for the reply.
    But the leaderboard is not optional - EVERYONE is placed in a competing group of 20.
    Also putting a highly desired prize in the top spot forces players to engage as there is NO OTHER WAY of obtaining it.

It’s been said countless times: LBs are very tedious and boring gameplay.

It is incredibly disappointing (if this has been planned for months) that no other prizes or deco were created.
    So it’s worse than a regular LB as there is zero reward unless you place 1st or 2nd.

I was genuinely excited for the new “challenge” when it was announced.
    That excitement has been replaced with resentment - as a LB is the worse thing you could give us.
    AND it excludes 90% of players who can not win the prize.

I feel an apology item should be on the way.

(I should mention I’m a long term player, with large energy resource, and will probably place 1st or 2nd regardless with no money or gems spent.
    But I’m still upset that 90% of players are excluded with this.)
    I don't understand what you mean about it not being optional. Just because you are in a group doesn't mean that you have to actively participate.
    I've spent thousands of dollars on Storm8 games, but I'm still not valued by the company.

Executive Chef
    Just like almost everyone here I'm very surprised and deeply disappointed by this Monster Hunt/ Leader Board.
    If it was indeed prepared month in advance, why not create a proper (individual, 2300 Points) prize? That's the least you can do for the 90% of players (almost) always missing out on the LB prize.
    I always try to be positive and normally I like Monster Hunts (except the Leader Board part of course). But I can't say anything good about how this is handled.
    This is a really really bad decision S8

I'm so sorry for all the players that were excited for an opportunity to obtain/ craft the Dragon.

Quote Originally Posted by roksta72 View Post
    I agree. I?ve thought that many times in the past. Even visited other realms to suggest it to others on my board. Made a couple neighbours with those who were like minded. But there?s always one in a board who wants to come first, and don?t care about anyone else. Or there?s those who say they?re just after tokens. But it?s never just about tokens when the leaderboard is in play. So,s8,get rid of the leaderboard,have the dragon,or future grand prizes,as the main goal prize,and everyone is happy. Even if you raise the point tally from 2300 to whatever,it can still be a challenge for people. C?mon s8,what do you think?
    That's not true, what you say about it never being just about Tokens when a Leader Board is in play.
    I always go just for Tokens and I don't even look at the Beast Master tab/ menu.
    The fact we are forced into a competitive group, doesn't mean we are actively trying to win.
    Gathering Tokens is the only good thing to come out of a MH/ LB combo in my opinion. (+ the individual prize... when one is provided of course...)
    Last edited by RonjaR82; 02-24-22 at 11:33 PM.

Fashion Designer
    "We're striving to provide challenges for players who finish the community event early"

I love finishing an event early as it gives me a break where I can spend time focussing on expanding and designing my kingdom. A Leaderboard where there is no incentive (crowns and tokens are pretty much redundant for me now) is pointless for me, no matter how much I would have loved the dragon.

Now, a monster hunt with no leader board where you could craft the dragon with tokens I could get on board with though.