Page 12 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 1/27: Chop To It! | event prize and goal info on page 1

Rhino Keeper
    Thanks, I didn?t know that about him. I have Jarrett, Errol, and Clover to get yet.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by TheQueenKnd View Post
    How many ox did people buy? I started w 4, but I?ve since bought two more.
    I bought 10. But I have no idea if that?s a good number or not. If you have energy reserves you could probably get more, but I don?t have extra energy.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by Frostyforest34 View Post
    I bought 10. But I have no idea if that?s a good number or not. If you have energy reserves you could probably get more, but I don?t have extra energy.
    I bought 20 and it seems to be going well though you need to have enough energy to be able to collect from 20 every 90 minutes. I looked through my inventory and found that I have 12 rabbits from the last event that this event is based on and I did successfully complete that event so I guess 12 was enough.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by ShibuyaCloth View Post
    No other trick. Just that you must start the second production BEFORE taken the first one out.
    Got it. Thanks ShibuyaCloth.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by RonjaR82 View Post
    Don't sell! Do a force-close..
    When you do a force-close, the item stays in your Magic Forge. Keep him in there until chapter 9.
    Make 2 giant axes and 2 giant rigging in Chapter 8/9

In Chapter 9, when you start the craft of the Plough Ox, THEN you can collect your second Blue Ox, raise him and immediately start a second Plough Ox craft. (before collecting the first Plough Ox)

Good luck!
    I feel a bit confused by this; will it make more sense when I get to chapter 8 or 9?

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by Frostyforest34 View Post
    Thanks! I might buy a few more because now I need 20 grass things. Lol

Farm Supplier
    Thank you for the suggestion! I don't have any of those droppers

Rhino Keeper
    Once you dress the Ox, the other claf will be free to place from the Magic Forge. The only catch is that 1 forge is blocked until that point. I have it now.
    When dressed you can have 2?

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by are1000 View Post
    I bought 20 and it seems to be going well though you need to have enough energy to be able to collect from 20 every 90 minutes. I looked through my inventory and found that I have 12 rabbits from the last event that this event is based on and I did successfully complete that event so I guess 12 was enough.
    Wow! 20 seems like a lot. I just bought two more so I?m up to 8 now. Lol

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by Blanche_Lady View Post
    When dressed you can have 2?
    Seems like it. See post from ninjalejones :

Quote Originally Posted by ninjalejones View Post
    IAttachment 62097

I made two because I could

Quote Originally Posted by TheQueenKnd View Post
    I feel a bit confused by this; will it make more sense when I get to chapter 8 or 9?
    I understand. Every now and then an opportunity as this emerges. Don't feel to frustrated if you don't get it right the first time, it took me 2 tries/ events to fully grasp the idea.

With every thing you do, always keep in mind we are not supposed to do this/ make 2. So you have to 'out clever' the system.
    With every step in the process, there is a small window of opportunity to take advantage of.

In Goal 6 we can craft a Blue Calf in the Magic Forge. When you collect that Blue Calf, the craft disappears.. we are only allowed 1 after all.
    BUT, the window of opportunity here is when you are crafting your first Blue Calf. The craft only disappears AFTER you collect the Blue calf, so while your first is 'crafting' you can collect another Grain and start crafting a second one in your second Magic Forge.

You can't collect both Blue Calfs, because we are only allows one.
    Collect 1 and leave the other one in the Magic Forge. (If you accidentally collect, it seems like you are forced to sell, but you can do a force close and the craft stays in the Magic Forge)

The next step is to make 2 of the Giant Riggings in Goal 8, and 2 Giant Axes in Goal 9. Craft them simultaneously. (because we are only supposed to make/ need 1 each)

The most tricky part comes now.
    Raise your first Blue Ox Calf and put him in storage. start the Plough Ox craft in the Magic Forge. DON'T COLLECT!!
    THEN and only then, collect you second Blue Ox Calf and raise him. (because the first one is gone/ 'used in a craft', you will no longer have 2 by collecting your second)
    As long as you DON'T COLLECT your first Plough Ox, the craft stays in the Magic Forge. (window of opportunity)
    Store your raised second Blue Ox and start your second Plough Ox craft.

Collect both when the crafts are complete.

For people not having enough resources to make 2 Plough Oxes.. you can follow these steps and once you start the craft of your first plough Ox, collect the second Blue Ox Calf and just keep him a Calf (or raise him to a Blue Ox, which ever you prefer)
    He is cute, and it doesn't cost you much resources/time.

EDIT
    I decided to keep my second Calf a Calf (because the drops of the Plough Ox aren't special and the Calf is so cute ), but I did see the Plough Ox craft is still in the Magic Forge, even though I have already collected the first one.
    Doesn't change things for me, but it could be handy for when you accidentally collect your first Plough Ox to soon and still want a second one.

Once you enter chapter 10, the craft disappear! So you must produce your second one before leveling the cabin up. I chose toe hold on my second calf
    Last edited by RonjaR82; 01-30-22 at 04:14 AM.