Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: SALE: 2022 Jan 14 - Winter Wedding Sale (6 Days)

Farm Supplier
    I have the table, chairs, and counters from a long time ago. None of them were originally gem items to begin with. So I was very confused to see them offered for gems now.

Rhino Keeper
    And if you have the items it is not showing you for the new items. I just bought 2 Winter Cakes that I already had and forgot. This is very deceiving and those who purchased should be credited for the gems they spent.

Host(ess)
    [QUOTE=DawnLovesDD;1664099]And if you have the items it is not showing you for the new items. I just bought 2 Winter Cakes that I already had and forgot. This is very deceiving and those who purchased should be credited for the gems they spent.[/QUOTE

My ovens are near the end of oven list, I checked they were there first because I knew I hadn’t missed any goals and had those ovens, glad I didn’t waste gems on it.

Seems like a random sale - or maybe what hopefully is the start of some sort of new biweekly mini sale that features old goal items that are available for market purchase for a limited time.

This is from the 2014 Winter Wedding Goal, and randomly, a 1st Place Crate Prize in the Winterland from the Winter Gift is also on sale (and 2 other items).

Winter Wedding is the final goal prize, Winter Bouquet is one of the items you can buy while navigating through the steps, as well as the Winter Wedding tables, chairs and counters. It seems the only two items from that goal that are not on sale are the love lights (wall deco) and love sculptures (floor deco).

I have to appreciate that it looks like old goal items are coming back, the ovens are a nice inclusion too for people who want the nice-looking food on their counters. For the expensive price of the appliance, Winter Echo Oven, mastering recipes for gems won't be the reason to buy the oven.

The items cost gems because I guess they are seeing it as - if you weren't there to complete the goal, you have to pay premium if you want it. I think the pricing is reasonable besides the oven, the oven should probably just be 5 gems. At least give some sort of incentive for someone to buy it other than the cute-looking recipes.
    Last edited by blossomingsakura; 01-14-22 at 05:21 PM.

Never been a big fan of Winter decorations, but I am so happy to see the concept of "old goal items" being reinvigorated. Honestly I'd be less likely to keep going on hiatus with this game (if not at all) if they do this old goal item sale monthly. That would be amazing.

The old coffee goal items would be amazing.. Here's hoping.

Moderator (volunteer) pixiegamer's Avatar
    Hi all,

Catching up a little late on this - apologies for the delay! This thread has been stickied and the first post has been updated with sale information (including notes/observations about some of the items).

This update came completely out of the blue (no pun intended), so I'm still trying to get more information about it for everyone. If you have questions or comments please post them here and I'll try and get them to the team for some answers. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Francys08 View Post
    Thank you Storm8 for bringing the winter decorations and the oven. The oven is a bit pricey, but I understand that it probably costs more because it is an oven that was released a long time ago. I was able to buy a couple and the recipes look great especially the winter cake. Thank you.
    Hi Francys08,

Would you be comfortable sharing which recipes you're seeing on the Winter Echo Oven? Are they the same as the ones on the Winter Oven (Frost Cookies; Winter Cupcake; Winter Cake)?

Quote Originally Posted by Alhambra34 View Post
    Thanks Storm 8 for re releasing an old appliance I wanted a long time. Seems they are listening to our complaints. The gem price is ok since it?s an oven from long time ago.
    The only problem is that the chairs have a glitch. They are invisible in the correct position to the table. If you rotate them they are visible.
    Can anyone report that?
    Many thanks in advance!
    And I hope also that they continue to re release old appliances as they did the last weeks! ����
    I've flagged over the issue about the chairs - thank you for reporting!

Quote Originally Posted by SBDOVER72 View Post
    Is there something special about Echo appliances? I've never seen it before. I started playing in 2015.
    There doesn't seem to be anything special about the Winter Echo Oven other than that it costs gems. So, it would not need any parts to build.

Quote Originally Posted by DawnLovesDD View Post
    1. Please fix the chairs. You cannot rotate them otherwise they don't show.
    2. I had 2 Winter Cake but it shows I have none. I bought 2 of them. I later checked and I already have the 2 plus these. That is NOT fair. I want to be credited for the 40 gems I used for this purchase. My friend said she has all the items but not showing she has any. Yet they are in her catalogue all for coins. That is deceiving to get people to spend gems when they don't need to. Please fix this and I would like 40 gems credited back to me.

I am so happy to have all of these items, but just curious why chairs are 2 gems, counter 10 gems, and oven 25 gems when originally they were coin items? - You can only earn 6 gems from the oven, but I have always wanted this oven so I bought 1. I appreciate being able to have these items, but the gem prices are ridiculous. I hope the release of older items continues but please make the gems more reasonable. And please show if we have these items previously. That is so not fair.
    I'm sorry about your loss of gems Please file a ticket with Storm8 Support regarding this to see if they could be of help.

Quote Originally Posted by teest View Post
    I have the table, chairs, and counters from a long time ago. None of them were originally gem items to begin with. So I was very confused to see them offered for gems now.
    (This is pure speculation as I haven't heard anything official from the team) - it looks like this sale might be a "trial run" of bringing back goal content for gems. It's something players have requested for a long time.

Personal opinion: With the exception of the appliance and maybe the counters, I think the items are priced fairly, and I like that the team duplicated the items so players who unlocked the originals are still able to purchase more for coins.

(For those who play Restaurant Story: this was previously attempted in that game with the April 2014 goal content. However, instead of duplicating those items, they were all taken off the market, and all reintroduced for gems. Players who had unlocked the items and had been able to previously buy them with coins were no longer able to do so, and those items are still removed from the market to this day. They resurface very rarely).

Other attempts in Restaurant Story to reintroduce goal content included introducing recolored variants of goal prizes for gems. I'm generally supportive of this too (it still gives players who had unlocked the originals something new to look forward to), and a lot of players at the time viewed it as a happy compromise, but I can understand why players would want the original items as well.

So, I definitely think this approach is an improvement, though my favorite would be if the goal prizes were allowed to be unlocked altogether (this was also explored a couple of times when the 15-day side goals debuted - players could complete side goal steps to unlock previous goal content; and once unlocked, it would become available for them to purchase just the same as any other goal content).

I do think there are still some details that could be ironed out. For example, as someone who had completed the Winter Wedding Goals previously, I thought my chairs had all been sold before I went to the end of the market and saw the ones I purchased still there and purchasable for coins.

That being said, I am very appreciative to see this update, and hope the team will consider implementing additional player feedback on other aspects of the game as well.
    ~ Forum Moderator for Bakery Story and Restaurant Story ~

Bakery Story Quick Links: Game Guide | Master Box Guide | Bugs & Issues | Help Me I Have a Question
    Restaurant Story Quick Links: Game Guide | Master Box Guide | Bugs & Issues | Goal Prize Re-Locking Bug | Help Me I Have a Question
    Need Me? Send me a PM
    Having an issue with your game? Contact Storm8 Support
    Forum Rules: Check Here!
    ~ Gentle Reminder: Mods are players, just like you! I am not a Storm8 Employee ~

Quote Originally Posted by SBDOVER72 View Post
    Is there something special about Echo appliances? I've never seen it before. I started playing in 2015.
    Echo appliances are a new type of ovens which include previously released classic recipes that are already unlocked, regardless of if you completed the original goal!
    Paul__ ~ Moderator

Need forum help or have a game question? Click to send a private message
    Having trouble with your game? Click to contact Storm8 Support

Rhino Keeper
    Very expensive gem only sale. I will not buy anything.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by pixiegamer View Post
    Hi all,

Catching up a little late on this - apologies for the delay! This thread has been stickied and the first post has been updated with sale information (including notes/observations about some of the items).

This update came completely out of the blue (no pun intended), so I'm still trying to get more information about it for everyone. If you have questions or comments please post them here and I'll try and get them to the team for some answers. Thanks!

Hi Francys08,

Would you be comfortable sharing which recipes you're seeing on the Winter Echo Oven? Are they the same as the ones on the Winter Oven (Frost Cookies; Winter Cupcake; Winter Cake)?

I've flagged over the issue about the chairs - thank you for reporting!

There doesn't seem to be anything special about the Winter Echo Oven other than that it costs gems. So, it would not need any parts to build.

I'm sorry about your loss of gems Please file a ticket with Storm8 Support regarding this to see if they could be of help.

(This is pure speculation as I haven't heard anything official from the team) - it looks like this sale might be a "trial run" of bringing back goal content for gems. It's something players have requested for a long time.

Personal opinion: With the exception of the appliance and maybe the counters, I think the items are priced fairly, and I like that the team duplicated the items so players who unlocked the originals are still able to purchase more for coins.

(For those who play Restaurant Story: this was previously attempted in that game with the April 2014 goal content. However, instead of duplicating those items, they were all taken off the market, and all reintroduced for gems. Players who had unlocked the items and had been able to previously buy them with coins were no longer able to do so, and those items are still removed from the market to this day. They resurface very rarely).

Other attempts in Restaurant Story to reintroduce goal content included introducing recolored variants of goal prizes for gems. I'm generally supportive of this too (it still gives players who had unlocked the originals something new to look forward to), and a lot of players at the time viewed it as a happy compromise, but I can understand why players would want the original items as well.

So, I definitely think this approach is an improvement, though my favorite would be if the goal prizes were allowed to be unlocked altogether (this was also explored a couple of times when the 15-day side goals debuted - players could complete side goal steps to unlock previous goal content; and once unlocked, it would become available for them to purchase just the same as any other goal content).

I do think there are still some details that could be ironed out. For example, as someone who had completed the Winter Wedding Goals previously, I thought my chairs had all been sold before I went to the end of the market and saw the ones I purchased still there and purchasable for coins.

That being said, I am very appreciative to see this update, and hope the team will consider implementing additional player feedback on other aspects of the game as well.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4289C720-E3F0-4495-BC52-867113B0CCBD.jpeg 
Views:	71 
Size:	111.8 KB 
ID:	62024
    Yes, the winter echo oven and winter oven have the same recipes.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by Francys08 View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4289C720-E3F0-4495-BC52-867113B0CCBD.jpeg 
Views:	71 
Size:	111.8 KB 
ID:	62024
    Yes, the winter echo oven and winter oven have the same recipes.
    Imho If they?re asking 25 gems for one oven they could?ve added a couple of more ?bonus? recipes (completely new ones)...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast