Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: SALE: 2022 Jan 14 - Winter Wedding Sale (6 Days)

Farm Supplier

Chairs do not show !!!

The chairs does not show when you put them on the floor please fix this

I hope the next surprise is with coins only all those gems are too much

Quote Originally Posted by pixiegamer View Post
    Hi all,

Catching up a little late on this - apologies for the delay! This thread has been stickied and the first post has been updated with sale information (including notes/observations about some of the items).

This update came completely out of the blue (no pun intended), so I'm still trying to get more information about it for everyone. If you have questions or comments please post them here and I'll try and get them to the team for some answers. Thanks!

Hi Francys08,

Would you be comfortable sharing which recipes you're seeing on the Winter Echo Oven? Are they the same as the ones on the Winter Oven (Frost Cookies; Winter Cupcake; Winter Cake)?

I've flagged over the issue about the chairs - thank you for reporting!

There doesn't seem to be anything special about the Winter Echo Oven other than that it costs gems. So, it would not need any parts to build.

I'm sorry about your loss of gems Please file a ticket with Storm8 Support regarding this to see if they could be of help.

(This is pure speculation as I haven't heard anything official from the team) - it looks like this sale might be a "trial run" of bringing back goal content for gems. It's something players have requested for a long time.

Personal opinion: With the exception of the appliance and maybe the counters, I think the items are priced fairly, and I like that the team duplicated the items so players who unlocked the originals are still able to purchase more for coins.

(For those who play Restaurant Story: this was previously attempted in that game with the April 2014 goal content. However, instead of duplicating those items, they were all taken off the market, and all reintroduced for gems. Players who had unlocked the items and had been able to previously buy them with coins were no longer able to do so, and those items are still removed from the market to this day. They resurface very rarely).

Other attempts in Restaurant Story to reintroduce goal content included introducing recolored variants of goal prizes for gems. I'm generally supportive of this too (it still gives players who had unlocked the originals something new to look forward to), and a lot of players at the time viewed it as a happy compromise, but I can understand why players would want the original items as well.

So, I definitely think this approach is an improvement, though my favorite would be if the goal prizes were allowed to be unlocked altogether (this was also explored a couple of times when the 15-day side goals debuted - players could complete side goal steps to unlock previous goal content; and once unlocked, it would become available for them to purchase just the same as any other goal content).

I do think there are still some details that could be ironed out. For example, as someone who had completed the Winter Wedding Goals previously, I thought my chairs had all been sold before I went to the end of the market and saw the ones I purchased still there and purchasable for coins.

That being said, I am very appreciative to see this update, and hope the team will consider implementing additional player feedback on other aspects of the game as well.
    Last edited by pixiegamer; 01-17-22 at 02:34 PM. Reason: fixed quote

Moderator (volunteer) pixiegamer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ASbakerij View Post
    The chairs does not show when you put them on the floor please fix this

I hope the next surprise is with coins only all those gems are too much
    This has already been reported over and is currently awaiting a fix. An update will be posted when a fix is issued.
    ~ Forum Moderator for Bakery Story and Restaurant Story ~

Bakery Story Quick Links: Game Guide | Master Box Guide | Bugs & Issues | Help Me I Have a Question
    Restaurant Story Quick Links: Game Guide | Master Box Guide | Bugs & Issues | Goal Prize Re-Locking Bug | Help Me I Have a Question
    Need Me? Send me a PM
    Having an issue with your game? Contact Storm8 Support
    Forum Rules: Check Here!
    ~ Gentle Reminder: Mods are players, just like you! I am not a Storm8 Employee ~

Quote Originally Posted by qutiepyes View Post
    Does anyone know if the recipes in the Winter Echo Oven are different than the Winter Oven in the IOS version? They both look exactly the same. I don?tt want to spend 25 gems on an oven with recipes I already have.
    Thanks for any information!
    Hi qutiepyes,

The Winter Echo Oven and Winter Oven appear to have the same recipes, but it's unknown whether recipe mastery in one will affect recipe mastery in the other. If you already have the Winter Oven unlocked, you should be able to continue buying more for coins if you want to.

Bakery Story Quick Links: Game Guide | Master Box Guide | Bugs & Issues | Help Me I Have a Question
    Restaurant Story Quick Links: Game Guide | Master Box Guide | Bugs & Issues | Goal Prize Re-Locking Bug | Help Me I Have a Question
    Need Me? Send me a PM
    ~ Gentle Reminder: Mods are players, just like you! I am not a Storm8 Employee ~

UPDATE: The chair issue has now been fixed

Need Me? Send me a PM

New Resident
    While it's great to have old content released, charging ridiculous amounts of gems for ovens is really going to highlight the inequalities between the players who have gem videos and those who don't.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234