Page 21 of 39 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 1/13: If The Shoe Fits

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by are1000 View Post
    By the way, thank you Ronja for keeping us all up to date on the current and upcoming goals. It has been super super helpful.
    Thanks are1000!
    Most credit must go to the players actually sharing the info (Stymie, Gustafrog, mymonta and Bugwb),but I'm happy I can contribute with my copy-past s****s

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by SofiaDeo View Post
    Do you have a lot of apps running in the background? If you have Location Services enabled on a lot of them, if many have Background App Refresh enabled, if your Mail isn't set to Push, if Notifications are enabled on many, if computers/TV in the house are streaming video/music, perhaps this is sucking on your WiFi and affecting your game. I have noticed when we have numerous devices running I have to disable WiFi on most to play, mostly because we only have 20mbps WiFi. I wonder to what extent this contributes to the "you need internet access" error.

I am also wondering how the severe weather events worldwide are interfering with global Internet.
    I was looking through the Bugs thread, and SpiritWind commented on how some of her issues could be affected by Walkers in our realms, as well as distance from router/other network traffic, and occasionally time of day (ISP traffic and where one is on the line). Resetting your router can be helpful; we have to call our ISP 1-2 times a year to clear something. Resetting the router sometimes can clear a line.

I also wonder if those iOs users having issues are logged into Game Center. That's another app that is likely sucking on your WiFi, as well as (hogging) using device processing power.

I mention all this here repeatedly, because it really does affect usage. I know a woman who couldn't figure out why she kept running out of data on her plan (this was mmmm 8+ years ago before a lot of "unlimited data" plans). When I looked at her phone, all the aforementioned things were enabled, by default. Shutting off these things stopped the data overuse. And a few here who have said they can get online using a different device, makes this possibility a definite contributor to this issue.

I have had some intermittent "you need internet" screens this event, and I know I have poor Wifi. Starting Friday nights, I have issues trying to stream from a DVR in another state. Both houses are at or near the end of their respective lines, and with people gaming & streaming upline from me, I often can't watch anything most of the weekend. Shutting everything else down & disabling all the WiFi sucking apps/devices is the only way I can get back on to my games. How many smart devices does your home have? Anyone with a Nest thermostat, for example, is losing bandwidth to it. If you have smart lights, refrigerators, washers, etc. they also are sucking on your home WiFi.

The only other issues I am having this event, is it seems my Stables and Cows aren't dropping hides for the Adventures. All accounts have at least 20 cows, plus the specialty event Hide droppers (cows and Fire/Ice wolf). Sometimes clearing all 30-odd gives me only 2 hides. It's occurring on only 1 account, so that one is "unlucky" this event. So don't run out of hides, for the last few adventures!
    Last edited by SofiaDeo; 01-19-22 at 08:58 AM.
    Plz add: SofiaDeo, pinkpresence (Pinks Place), impyLou (Queen Impylou), aaerie (Aaerie)
    Plz ask all 4 or none, thx

Rhino Keeper
    Hi, is anyone else having problems loading the game again? This is so frustrating, I've forced closed numerous times and I still can't open it!

Rhino Keeper
    I don't know if I will finish in time due to real life and working full-time. It has been a challenge trying to login and collect. I just started chapter 6. I will keep up as much as I can but I don't like unfinished buildings plus this one has nice drops. I really hope I am able to finish.

If you are having issues logging in, please contact support here: https://support.storm8.com/hc/en-us/requests/new - they will be able to look into it. Thank you.
    Storm8 Staff - [S8] HungryGoblin
    Need help? Contact Storm8 through support.storm8.com and submit a request
    Got a new device? Transfer your games here!
    Have Facebook or Twitter? LIKE and FOLLOW us here!

Host(ess)
    I'm so sad I can't get my game to load!

Fashion Designer
    Originally From SofiaDeo: The only other issues I am having this event, is it seems my Stables and Cows aren't dropping hides for the Adventures. All accounts have at least 20 cows, plus the specialty event Hide droppers (cows and Fire/Ice wolf). Sometimes clearing all 30-odd gives me only 2 hides. It's occurring on only 1 account, so that one is "unlucky" this event. So don't run out of hides, for the last few adventures![/QUOTE]

My take: Royal Cows seem to be the only ones I can count on to drop Hides more often. All others are super stingy so I haven't been wasting energy usage on them. I have 5 Royals and that has been enough for me to keep constant adventures going.
    Last edited by RoyalBlue305; 01-19-22 at 09:08 PM.

Executive Chef
    Chapter 8 opens up in 3 hours :

Quote Originally Posted by Stymie52 View Post
    Chapter 8
    Goal 1: Fight Shoe Gnomes 0/3
    Goal 2: Visit the Tavern 0/2
    Goal 3: Give Pasta 0/7
    Goal 4: Practice Shoe Repair 0/1
    Goal 5: Upgrade the Shoemaker to Level 8 (Wizard's Shoes 2, Fancy Boots 2, Knight's Shoes 2, Poof Balls 15)
    Full Goal overview : https://forums.storm8.com/showthread...=1#post1664214

Rhino Keeper
    Lower levels Chapter 8
    Fight shoe gnomes x2
    Visit tavern x1
    Give grits x5
    Practice shoe repair x1
    Upgrade shoemaker to lvl 8: wizards shoes x2, knights shoes x2, fancy boots x1, poof balls x10
    Last edited by gustafrog; 01-20-22 at 03:14 AM.

Noble stable?help!!!

Someone Please remind me what the Noble Stable is and where it came from. BIG HELP a Photo of it would be FANTASTIC! THANK YOU!