Thread: Irregular pricing and this game is SO easy to make an unintentional purchase too!

New Resident

Irregular pricing and this game is SO easy to make an unintentional purchase too!

The gem prices in these games make NO sense at all. Why is it, to 'save' a spoiled dish is 5 gems, yet if you restart the dish, the gem amount is usually lower on shorter timed dishes, so you could spend 5 gems 'recovering' the spoiled dish, or just ONE gem if you restart and cook instantly, how can this be right?.

Also this is the EASIEST game ever to make an unintentional gem purchase. I lost 5 gems I had paid real money for this morning accidentally 'recovering' a spoiled dish that would have cost ONE GEM to cook instantly. SO easy to do, there is no 'are you sure' popup, it just instantly wastes your money.

If I contact support, do I have ANY chance of getting these 5 gems back?, as they were for goals, NOT recovering a one hour dish that would have cost one gem to restart. Sigh.

If you are going to charge players real money to access certain features, or enhance game play, then it needs to be FAIR and it needs to make sense, and the in game gems prices in RS and BS make NO sense at all.

I have seen other threads about this, chances are this one will be locked, just like most other threads critical of the way Storm 8 manages these games.

Could someone tell me why these issues have not been rectified?. I think it is very sneaky, and very unfair on Storm 8's side.

If you accidentally made a gem purchase, please log a ticket with Support: https://support.storm8.com/hc/en-us/requests/new. They'll be able to look into this. Thanks!
    Storm8 Staff - [S8] HungryGoblin
    Need help? Contact Storm8 through support.storm8.com and submit a request
    Got a new device? Transfer your games here!
    Have Facebook or Twitter? LIKE and FOLLOW us here!

New Resident
    Will do, thank you, but I will be doing it a lot. The screen to 'recover dish' has no 'are you sure' option, so if you load the game up and accidentally press recover, that's 16 gems gone, if you accidentally recover one dish, that's instantly 5. My suggestion is Storm 8 adds the 'are you sure' option before gems are spent. Also, what about the irregular pricing? Why does it cost 5 gems to 'recover' a dish, yet if the dish is up to 2 hours to cook, it only costs one gem to cook it instantly?. Why is that?.

Rhino Keeper
    I refuse point blank to pay money to buy gems. When food is spoilt I put the appliance into storage rather than risk "accidently paying" to recover the food. I then bring it out of storage and start again. I rarely do 5 day challenges as the pressure is too much.
    Aka 🐪 Rajaz 🇬🇧
    Only accepting new neighbours who do challenges, don't mind me not visiting and want food (like me) between goals. Please post on my wall otherwise I won't accept your invitation

Quote Originally Posted by Chezombie View Post
    Will do, thank you, but I will be doing it a lot. The screen to 'recover dish' has no 'are you sure' option, so if you load the game up and accidentally press recover, that's 16 gems gone, if you accidentally recover one dish, that's instantly 5. My suggestion is Storm 8 adds the 'are you sure' option before gems are spent. Also, what about the irregular pricing? Why does it cost 5 gems to 'recover' a dish, yet if the dish is up to 2 hours to cook, it only costs one gem to cook it instantly?. Why is that?.
    I'll be sure to forward your feedback. If you have additional suggestions, please post them in the Suggestion and Feedback forum here. Thank you.
    Storm8 Staff - [S8] HungryGoblin
    Need help? Contact Storm8 through support.storm8.com and submit a request
    Got a new device? Transfer your games here!
    Have Facebook or Twitter? LIKE and FOLLOW us here!