Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: GOAL: Particular Pasta - 2022 Jan 06 (5 Days)

Nightclub Owner

GOAL: Particular Pasta - 2022 Jan 06 (5 Days)

5 Day Goal - Particular Pasta
    Lv. 19+
    *Goal should end January 11, 2022*

(11am PST / 2pm EST / 19:00 UTC)

*Pub Stove will now have FOUR pages of recipes.
    Be sure to flip through all pages when looking for new recipes.*

Particular Pasta: Part 1
    Serve 12 Bacon and Eggs (30g to skip)
    - Basic Stove
    - 3 Minutes *under Breakfast tab*
    Serve 12 Bagels (40g to skip)
    - Basic Oven
    - 15 Minutes *under Breakfast tab*
    Buy 1 Pub Stove (2g to skip)
    - Must be newly purchased and fully built to count!
    - 5 Gems each
    - Unlocks @ Lv. 19
    - No Parts Required / Comes Fully Built
    Rewards: $1,000 + 30 xp, Spinach Stuffers Recipe unlocks @ appliance purchase

Particular Pasta: Part 2
    Serve 12 French Toast (24g to skip)
    - Basic Stove
    - 1 Minute *under Breakfast tab*
    Serve 12 Quiche (30g to skip)
    - Basic Oven
    - 16 Hours *under Breakfast tab*
    Serve 5 Spinach Stuffers (30g to skip)
    - Pub Stove
    - 1 Hour
    Rewards: $1,000 + 30 xp, UNLOCKS - Balsamic Shallot Penne Recipe

Particular Pasta: Part 3
    Serve 16 Waffles (25g to skip)
    - Basic Stove
    - 2 Hours *under Breakfast tab*
    Serve 16 Waffle Balls (20g to skip)
    - Basic Oven
    - 1 Hour *under Breakfast tab*
    Serve 8 Balsamic Shallot Penne (20g to skip)
    - Pub Stove
    - 3 Hours
    Rewards: $1,000 + 30 xp, UNLOCKS - Scallop Linguine Recipe

Particular Pasta: Part 4
    Serve 16 Omelettes (50g to skip)
    - Basic Stove
    - 5 Minutes *under Breakfast tab*
    Serve 16 Kettle Corn (40g to skip)
    - Basic Oven
    - 1 Hour *under Breakfast tab*
    Serve 18 Lovely Pancakes (40g to skip)
    - Basic Stove
    - 16 Hours *under Breakfast tab*
    Serve 10 Scallop Linguine (40g to skip)
    - Pub Stove
    - 8 Hours
    Rewards: $1,000 + 30 xp + 1 Free Noodle Show Floor Deco

Final Goal Prize:
    Noodle Show, 3x3, 24 Gem Value (Originally released May 24, 2012 as 2nd Prize in Asian Fusion Chest)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RS 01-06-2022 Goal Prize.PNG 
Views:	107 
Size:	85.6 KB 
ID:	61901
    *Deco placed (with table/chair for size comp), click for larger image/greater detail:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RS 01-06-2022 Goal Prize Placed.jpg 
Views:	163 
Size:	142.9 KB 
ID:	61902

GOAL ITEMS:
    Spoiler: show
    In Progress...

GOAL CARDS:
    Spoiler: show
    In Progress...

USEFUL LINKS:

Have a non-goal related question?
    RS Help Me is what you're looking for.
    Looking for new neighbors?
    RS Add Me Forum is your best bet.
    Experiencing a Bug in your game?
    RS Bugs Forum is where to report.
    New to the game or just looking for a refresh?
    RS Game Guide is full of helpful info and links.
    Need to contact the team directly for a support issue?
    Storm8 Support Ticket will get you started.
    Want to convert goal times to local time?
    Time Zone Converter will help with that.
    Unsure of the rules and regulations?
    Forum Rules explains them.
    Popular Links:
    RS Master Box Guide / RS Speculation Thread / RS Suggestion & Feedback Forum
    Common Issue Links:
    Missing Free Gem Icon / No Notifications / Videos not Working /
    Goal prizes re-locking after end of goal

Rhino Keeper
    Didn?t we just get the noodle show a few months ago? As a side goal? It was last June Delights - 2021 Jun. 10 (5 . Do they always recycle 5 day goal prizes so soon? They can?t offer something else!?
    Last edited by Sprinklessweettreats; 01-06-22 at 06:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sprinklessweettreats View Post
    Didn?t we just get the noodle show a few months ago? As a side goal? It was last June Delights - 2021 Jun. 10 (5 . Do they always recycle 5 day goal prizes so soon? They can?t offer something else!?
    Yes, we got that decoration a few months ago.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by Restaurant4576 View Post
    Yes, we got that decoration a few months ago.
    Yeah hope they can offer something else. Bummer lol oh well I want the recipes though?.

So now we have to pay gems for the goal stoves? Wondering if this is going to be the new deal for 5-day goals or if this is just a one time thing specific to the Pub Stove. At least we don?t have to build it with parts. Still going to wait to see the requirements of this goal before I start it because I?m not sure I want to spend all my gems building a sufficient amount of stoves to complete the goal on time 😐

Moderator (volunteer) pixiegamer's Avatar

So, I take issue with three major things in this goal:

1. The choice of appliance. For a long time now, the appliances chosen for the 5-day goals have been themed appliances that were freely available on the market, not tied to goal events, and offered unlocked recipes to the community to cook and enjoy. Essentially, they were an alternative to goal appliances - specialty appliances with specialty recipes that you didn't have to be around for at the time of a particular goal to unlock and enjoy. Adding locked recipes to such appliances really takes that alternative away, and just adds to the "exclusivity" of items and recipes that the game has been trending toward for a long time now.

2. The choice of recipes, for this appliance in particular. In addition to the above, the specialty appliances these 5-day goals seem to be affecting are just that - specialty. They were introduced to the game with a particular theme in mind at the time of their introduction, and that's reflected in their name, appearance, and original set of recipes they contained (usually). Why introduce a specific theme if you're going to throw it out the window by adding unrelated recipes to the appliance? These recipes could have just as easily fit in the basic appliances (or another specialty appliance, like "Nonna's Stove" that has an Italian slant).

3. For this appliance in particular - this is a gem appliance. Adding locked content AND asking players to spend gems to complete a goal has never been a popular combination. I anticipate there's going to be player backlash for this decision. (Never mind that players have voiced many many times over that we don't like gem appliances for goals).

I'll most likely be skipping this one since the prize doesn't particularly intrigue me either, but to those who are participating, I hope the recipes and prize are to your liking
    ~ Forum Moderator for Bakery Story and Restaurant Story ~

Bakery Story Quick Links: Game Guide | Master Box Guide | Bugs & Issues | Help Me I Have a Question
    Restaurant Story Quick Links: Game Guide | Master Box Guide | Bugs & Issues | Goal Prize Re-Locking Bug | Help Me I Have a Question
    Need Me? Send me a PM
    Having an issue with your game? Contact Storm8 Support
    Forum Rules: Check Here!
    ~ Gentle Reminder: Mods are players, just like you! I am not a Storm8 Employee ~

Fashion Designer
    Are you purposefully trying to aggravate your customers, S8? Because that's what you are doing.

Rhino Keeper
    I should like very much to visit the pub that serves balsamic shallot penne. Where is this pub? Schmigadoon, next to the corn pudding? No! This pub does not exist. These are not pub items!

They have messed these appliances up so much that nobody knows where to find anything anymore. At this point I would not be surprised to find lasagne in an ice cream machine.

Honestly, gems for a goal once in a great while is okay and so is re-releasing older items, but can they puhleeze pick an older item that has not been offered in the last couple years?

I did not do the last one in the gem-appliance goal because I knew I would not finish. I am giving this one a shot but I do not think I can finish with three appliances and I am not buying another.

LOVE THE NEW RECIPES!!! But I do feel bad for people who can't buy the pub stove (most people can't spend gems on stoves), and I'm a bit confused about the goal prize? Didn't we get the Noodle Show not that long ago?

Quote Originally Posted by pixiegamer View Post

So, I take issue with three major things in this goal:

1. The choice of appliance. For a long time now, the appliances chosen for the 5-day goals have been themed appliances that were freely available on the market, not tied to goal events, and offered unlocked recipes to the community to cook and enjoy. Essentially, they were an alternative to goal appliances - specialty appliances with specialty recipes that you didn't have to be around for at the time of a particular goal to unlock and enjoy. Adding locked recipes to such appliances really takes that alternative away, and just adds to the "exclusivity" of items and recipes that the game has been trending toward for a long time now.

2. The choice of recipes, for this appliance in particular. In addition to the above, the specialty appliances these 5-day goals seem to be affecting are just that - specialty. They were introduced to the game with a particular theme in mind at the time of their introduction, and that's reflected in their name, appearance, and original set of recipes they contained (usually). Why introduce a specific theme if you're going to throw it out the window by adding unrelated recipes to the appliance? These recipes could have just as easily fit in the basic appliances (or another specialty appliance, like "Nonna's Stove" that has an Italian slant).

3. For this appliance in particular - this is a gem appliance. Adding locked content AND asking players to spend gems to complete a goal has never been a popular combination. I anticipate there's going to be player backlash for this decision. (Never mind that players have voiced many many times over that we don't like gem appliances for goals).

I'll most likely be skipping this one since the prize doesn't particularly intrigue me either, but to those who are participating, I hope the recipes and prize are to your liking
    Hear, hear! I don't do the 15-day goals, and will now eliminate the 5-day goals as well.
    I see lots of stew in my future!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast