Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: GOAL: Talk of the Town - 2021 Dec 21 (15 Days)

Rhino Keeper
    Teamlava was good. They originally created the game. Storm8 is simply feeding on what Teamlava created. Most of the money they make is by putting up sales of the items created by earlier creative teams. This new Storm8 is so unworthy. Lame.

Rhino Keeper
    It doesn't bother me having to cook more recipes to finish goal because I always gem out before next goal. It takes 5 of the 1st oven and 10 of the 2nd oven. This goal will not finish until wayyyyyy after Christmas which makes the prizes unusual until next Christmas. I don't know why they can't have Christmas done before Christmas. This should be a New Years goal. With that said, the tables are hideous, the chairs are boring, the wall items are getting old, the wallpaper and floors are hideous. Please stop with white, yellow, and brown in the designs and recipes. I want color! Why couldn't you have items shaped like things like used to be done. Thats why we all want the older items because they were so much better and creative. That also being said, it should take 15 ovens to complete a goal. I literally finish gemming out right when next goal starts which makes this all about goals. i want to use older ovens but can't. Please go back to how this was done 4-5 years ago. I could build 5 ovens in one day. And how long can you have 4 new parts? Lets go back and use old parts that we all have in stock. It doesn't profit you in any way for how many ovens or parts I use. Its my time affected.
    For the love of the game and holidays/seasons please release items and do goals long before the day approaches. ie. All Christmas items should be released the day after Thanksgiving when everyone decorates so the goal should complete by Thanksgiving for Christmas usage. Everyone has already decorated for Christmas and will be remodeling on the 26th. All the sales items and goal items are useless until next year.
    And lastly, this is Christmas and only Christmas stuff should be in the holiday sale. You missed the mark because there is SO MUCH that you could have released and didn't. Let me stress this once again - people decorate the day after a holiday for the next one so we need goals and sales much sooner.
    You wonder why so many have left this game? This could be a huge money maker for you but you guys just don't get it. We are willing to spend but you aren't giving us what we want or need.
    Please be more timely and more creative! I want color and designs and shapes. No more white, yellow, brown in anything including catalog items and recipes.
    We are your customer and you should be listening to us but NEVER do.

Rhino Keeper
    The number of recipes required keeps getting higher while the quality of final goal prizes keeps going down.

Rhino Keeper
    Kinda dont feel like doing this goal. Very sorry to say this but I dont like almost anything about this goal - wallpapers, tables, goal prizes all of them kind of dont speak to me. Well, may be except the Great Gift; I'll probably be participating to get that one item. Very unfortunate, I was so excited about the goal though...
    Seems like all the nice and pretty goal themes come into Bakery only while I take a break from the game hehe...

The side goal on the other hand! I'm extremely happy to see Snow Castle, so I'll definitely be doing the side goal! I wanted the Castle for years since its release and even posted it as a Holiday sale wish. Glad S8 noticed The fact that I'll be able to get it without spending my gems is even better !!
    Last edited by kob678; 12-22-21 at 02:21 AM.

Farm Supplier
    SERIOUSLY!?!?!

So we still have the raised requirements...it's nice to see what s8 thinks about it's playerbase...

🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

Only doing the side goal since my theme is winter wonderland, white Christmas. The prize would match well with my bakery. The main goal prize is ugly. Even if my bakery was a red and goal theme, I wouldn't waste so much money for something that ugly.

This is why I don't do the goals anymore - it actuallly made me quit twice - and I just focus on decorating my Bakery with the current decorations and waiting patiently for sales while saving up gems for the crate items and LTOs. If the side goal items are good (usually 2nd or 1st place Crate Items), I will attempt those because they only require the basic oven and those can be completed rather quickly 3~4 days if you focus on it only. I've seen stuff like the Baker's Square as a side goal prize so I will always keep my eyes out for those. It's a shame there are no old goal items on sale ever or even as side goal prizes anymore.

But yeah, the main goals are just awful. I don't know what the benchmark is, but it seems like you probably need at least 7 of each of the two batches of new ovens to complete these goals comfortably (40 dishes of a 10 hour recipe on a constructive oven- what!?), and well, this isn't great for obvious reasons...you need about 40~80 parts in total to complete one, making it impossible to complete the oven in a day or two unless you have 20-40(?) active neighbours who will gift you the right parts everyday (and also respond to the requests) this demand is TOO MUCH, especially as you'll need to tip neighbours daily to prove you're still active by maintaining a high star rating, yet tipping feels useless and a waste of time. This is why so many people quit. Tipping 20-40 neighbours every day is too much for people who want to play the game and also have other responsibilities. Requiring 40 neighbours in itself is just a farce to begin with. Like, let's be honest, we shouldn't need more than 10 neighbours to do these. The oven parts need to be reduced significantly and then maybe 40 dishes of a 10 hour recipe might be doable.

Rhino Keeper
    Why not put all the decor pertaining to the holiday in the sales. The worst that could happen is that people would buy more. If you’re worried about old players running out off items to buy, then create more decor. Except for the goals we never get new content and there are always new players wanting to buy. Also we used to have more sales. We got a winter sale because the Christmas sale was earlier and same with the autumn sale between summer and Halloween and spring and summer sales. Just a suggestion, although I know nobody that can change anything will read this. I just really like the game and wish these small improvements could happen. Along with goals that are not very well planned and lack the detail and fun of years past.

Rhino Keeper
    I will use gems to complete a goal only if I have a hope of completing it in time. These goal requirements are unreasonable. Therefore, gems will not be used.

S8 is losing money with these new requirements. It seems odd that making their players unhappy is more important to them than making money.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnirasSweets View Post
    First recipe is great, only wish it was on a pedestal:
    Attachment 61685
    That?s funny. I generally prefer no pedestal, just a platter that is themed to the items on it. I always think that those pedestals just get in the way of the decor.

I am glad to know that you like them. Knowing that others enjoy it makes it more bearable when I think, ?Ugh! If it wasn?t for that pedestal!?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast