Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Newcomer Questions

New Resident

Newcomer Questions

When you visit to tend another island - the sparkly items you can't click on that go away when you start tending - what are they? I'm not even sure I'm asking correctly. I even saw one when I visited my home island.

Executive Chef
    Hm, I'm not sure if I'm really understanding what you mean, but when you tend someone's island, you need to find items that do not have stars blinking over them. If they do, those items have already been tended. Likewise, if you're at your own island and see sparkles over things, it means someone has tended to your island and you click and collect. Sorry if this wasn't what you were looking for.

New Resident
    I had a feeling that I wasn't explaining it correctly. I know about tending and collecting. This is like a duplicate item that disappears once you start tending or collecting. Most items, when you click on them, will bring up a tag whether or not it's been tended. This is an item that no matter how many times you click on it, it won't acknowledge the click. It seems to be a different item for each level you're on. Maybe it's just a glitch on my machine. I was just wondering if it was some kind of bonus I was missing out on.

Executive Chef
    Can you take a screencap of it?

New Resident
    I don't know how to do that on my iTouch (can on the PC).

New Resident
    I think I've got it.

New Resident
    In the above pic, it would be the rocks behind the palm tree. Once I tend something else it will disappear. If I click on it first, nothing happens.

Executive Chef
    It's the rock behind the tree that has been tended. Tap it and the sparkles well go away. Just in case tap the top of the tree too. Lol. That should do it.

Executive Chef
    No, I know what you're talking about. It's a bug. Sometimes an item will persist from one island to the next, but when you tend something on that island, it goes away. Go to another island, there it is again. Sometimes when youre digging for treasure, there will even be a random sparking crate floating in the water.

It's just a memory glitch. If it drives you crazy you can just force-quit and restart the game 

New Resident
    Thanx. I appreciate your help.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast