Thread: Impossible Tournaments

Executive Chef

Impossible Tournaments

Is it just me or did they ratchet up the difficulty of tournaments? The last two I?ve bothered to participate in, I get stuck losing 10, 15 times to dragon after dragon. It?s at the point where I cannot finish (even with speeding up) without using ultimate attack, which I refuse to do.

Rhino Keeper
    For me, round 17 is usually an issue. Sometimes I use ultimate early on this round just to ‘buy time’ and prevent a huge list of dragons waiting to be healed. It may just be me, as I’m finding the common dragons very hard to beat now. Whether I bother with completing the tournament depends on whether the dragon depends if it is a type I want to collect.
    Dragon Story - Iceland, Fantasy Forest Story - Saint Mary

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by greywagtail View Post
    For me, round 17 is usually an issue. Sometimes I use ultimate early on this round just to ‘buy time’ and prevent a huge list of dragons waiting to be healed. It may just be me, as I’m finding the common dragons very hard to beat now. Whether I bother with completing the tournament depends on whether the dragon depends if it is a type I want to collect.
    17 or so (wherever the 19 champion) is usually where I get stuck, but I usually get to 15 after 2 days so I usually have time.

Executive Chef
    The number of champion-type dragons in the last one seemed like more than usual. It gets discouraging when you can end up fighting one high-level champion for a day or more. I?ve taken to watching the ads in order to battle again right away in the early rounds where you rarely lose, and sometimes also later on in the tournament if I get lucky and defeat several higher level dragons in a row on the first try. It buys time.

Because of all the champion dragons, the tournaments do take a lot of dedication and attention for quite a few days, so I only do them if I really want the prize dragon.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by deamon506 View Post
    17 or so (wherever the 19 champion) is usually where I get stuck, but I usually get to 15 after 2 days so I usually have time.
    As soon as I say this I get stuck on a level 12 champion and now a level 16 champion that has beaten my 15 diamond 4-5 times.

Rhino Keeper
    I use my metal L15 dragon on champion types, as some others recommended a few yrs back. Its 90% successful, even with high level champs. Other have reported success with pure red, green, blues. Good luck

I used to be able to get through the tournament (despite getting stuck) because of the videos, I could go through the easy ones quickly and then spend 20 hours on the tough one. I don't know about anyone else but my videos haven't worked in about a month. Zero chance of success at tournaments now and if I want the event dragon, I have to either get everything done early or spend coins to get through the battles at the end. So Annoying!

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by yukigray View Post
    I used to be able to get through the tournament (despite getting stuck) because of the videos, I could go through the easy ones quickly and then spend 20 hours on the tough one. I don't know about anyone else but my videos haven't worked in about a month. Zero chance of success at tournaments now and if I want the event dragon, I have to either get everything done early or spend coins to get through the battles at the end. So Annoying!
    I feel you on this one. I used to be able to run all videos, now I can only get about a third of them to load properly. Added to that, rollbacks are more and more frequent. It’s unbelievably frustrating to finally beat level 17 after 20 hrs, like you say, only to have it rollback and then fight it all over again.

I agree it’s harder to finish anything in this game lately.

Quote Originally Posted by deamon506 View Post
    As soon as I say this I get stuck on a level 12 champion and now a level 16 champion that has beaten my 15 diamond 4-5 times.
    Do you have any GPD, as I use them on some of the champions along with Metal and Passion. I also like to have a level Fire handy as they have been known to do the trick as well.