Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: I think I might need to quit because of new IMPOSSIBLE goals

Host(ess)
    Me I?ve been playing this game for ten years and now the goals are ridiculous! Not able to complete.

Rhino Keeper
    Ive been playing these games for over a decade i too am seriously thinking about quitting. Ive been a level 99 4 star daily player for years...i havent been able to complete a event since december 2021. NOT 1 EVENT! Im playing around the clock. My bakery is never idle...so my advice to new players..dont start. You wont be able to finish. As long as game play is this frustrating i wont be supplying $$$ either.

I think to add up the 5 days goal before finish the 14 days goal is hard. Especially for the new players. I’m lucky that I already have 12 pink oven in my store. With this goal pattern, it will get more players to quit the game. Hopefully, storm 8 crews will reconsider the goal pattern. Just my thoughts. Thanks ��

I have been playing this game for a long time, but am seriously thinking of quitting. They have just made the goals too hard to complete. Restaurant Story is fine, the way Bakery Story used to be. Why are you determined to ruin things Storm8?

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by DawnLovesDD View Post
    I finished goal having 3 of each oven. The key is as soon as a recipe finishes take the few seconds to go in and make new recipes. Otherwise this may not be the game for some because it does require time.
    I have a hard time believing this. Does anyone else complete the goal with 3 of each goal ovens? Curious to know. My difficulty is the 2 hour recipes. I work and phones aren't allowed so I miss 7 hours a day.

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by tatermaters View Post
    I have a hard time believing this. Does anyone else complete the goal with 3 of each goal ovens? Curious to know. My difficulty is the 2 hour recipes. I work and phones aren't allowed so I miss 7 hours a day.
    I have a really hard time believing this too. I set timers (some Android users lost notifications YEARS ago and have accepted that that'll never be fixed...) and cook as soon as my timer goes off. The only time I don't start new recipes is when I'm sleeping (~7 hours/night). I refuse to give up sleep so I can cook on a game. I've played every day for 10+ years. I think it's time I find something I enjoy to spend my time on.

Farm Supplier
    I’ve been playing this game for ages and it used to be fun.. but not anymore. I can clearly see that I’m not alone with my thoughts about this game. For months I‘ve been telling myself: I’ll finish this final goal and then I’m gone, but then I did the next and then another one..
    Today I noticed that the game on my iPhone isn’t in sync with my iPad anymore and there’s no way I can sneak into the game at work from my Phone anymore, so that’s the final straw: I‘ve already deleted the app on my iPad, the iPhone will be next and then bye Bakery Story! We had a great time together but now it’s time to move on.

Host(ess)
    I?m a casual player that gets frustrated and takes breaks. I?ve played BS off and on (more off) since 2014. Overall, this game wants too much attention. Not just the food spoiling or goals, but keeping neighbors happy and your list up to date with active players requires constant effort. I would prefer to go back to how it was with a once a month, seasonal, and/or special occasion challenges. There was more emphasis on adding fun decor, creating themes, and adding recipes that were visually appealing. It didn?t matter if your neighbors were religiously daily players, the game was still doable and pleasant. I liked that.

Due to these nonstop challenges, there are SO many stoves! I?ll never 4 star all the foods as it is. To finish the goals, you need 4 or more of both goal stoves. That?s 8+ spaces dedicated to finishing. If you?re doing the side challenges, the rest of your stove spaces are the basic stove and drink maker. Your ability to cook seasonal foods on past stoves (like the Easter and Spring themed stoves from previous years) is severely limited or nonexistent. I don?t need or want 20 more stoves added to my storage every year. Quality and choice over quantity, folks.

I?ve taken some very long breaks from BS bc of the frustration. When I come back, I see that the game has gotten worse like finding multiple unlocked foods on every appliance and nonstop goals. This time, it?s the forced ads and pop-ups. Exiting out of all the pop-ups when you opened the app for the first time each day was annoying before. But ads, too?! I?d pay a subscription to make those go away. NO! I DON?T WANT TO PLAY PROPERTY BROTHERS! If I do, there?s a drop down menu in the game that gives me the option! Some of the ads don?t have an exit. You have to force close the game to get it to go away. It?s also annoying that I have to force close the game so often on my phone and iPad. If I leave it running in the background, I get a never ending ?processing? message. Even if I left it a short time before reopening it. It can?t continue from 10 mins before if I pull the game back up more than twice.

Instead of dedicating all their time to new stoves every 17 days, the designers should spend more time on new decorations (and not just giant character scenes that take up too much space), foods that aren?t plain and/or brown (if the food is pretty, I?ll spend gems for the stove), better placement for wall and floor items, and some kind of organization for the gifts and storage. If they did that, I?d play more consistently and they?d get my money more often like it was in the past.

10 years in and I am quitting. It is so difficult to find the time and gather enough parts. I could possibly keep up if the ovens didn?t require so many pieces. Good luck to everyone they haven?t driven off yet.

Executive Chef
    Unfortunately, I've been thinking the same!! Can't keep up, I mean most of us do have lives! I LOVE games, but I have other things I have to do as well!
    PM/ Profile |Gamerologizm Fan Link in Forum (previously known as Supreme Dynasty) | Transfer Method
    Dragon Egg Chart Mostly updated (I've given up on Dragon because most Dragons are unobtainable for me; but still update when I can when I'm not scrambling with RS & BS to complete their goals.)
    Restaurant & Bakery Completely Updated!
    IDs: Sehana (main)