Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: GOAL: Heralding Holidays - 2021 Dec 07 (15 Days)

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by Natasha_07 View Post
    I'm sorry but the wallpaper is anything but festive.

I don't really like the chair, table, tile or counter because they don't have anything Christmas-like about them.

I do love the ornament display, also the way how the 'excess gifts' is stacked-up like a Christmas tree.

The 'holiday bench' & 'silver bells' are nice, if S8 could only put the Christmas Visitor in our sale this year.
    Isn’t the Christmas visitor a Goal Prize? I would love to have it too!

How are any of the new recipes related to Christmas?! Sooo disappointing... But the main prize is nice, I guess...

Grand Emperor
    I’m happy the restored the old counts for cooking recipes. Thank you S8. Wish they would do the same in Bakery Story.

Rhino Keeper
    The second appliance recipes are not there.

Moderator (volunteer) pixiegamer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MamaFoodie View Post
    In the game? Can you post a screenshot if possible? (How to Post a Photo on the Forums)

Is anyone else also encountering this issue? I'll flag this over.
    ~ Forum Moderator for Bakery Story and Restaurant Story ~

Bakery Story Quick Links: Game Guide | Master Box Guide | Bugs & Issues | Help Me I Have a Question
    Restaurant Story Quick Links: Game Guide | Master Box Guide | Bugs & Issues | Goal Prize Re-Locking Bug | Help Me I Have a Question
    Need Me? Send me a PM
    Having an issue with your game? Contact Storm8 Support
    Forum Rules: Check Here!
    ~ Gentle Reminder: Mods are players, just like you! I am not a Storm8 Employee ~

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by pixiegamer View Post
    In the game? Can you post a screenshot if possible? (How to Post a Photo on the Forums)

yes. In the game. It’s old recipes and not the new ones.
    Last edited by MamaFoodie; 12-08-21 at 02:10 PM.

Rhino Keeper

it’s showing the correct ones now. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MamaFoodie View Post
    This issue has been fixed!
    Storm8 Staff - [S8] HungryGoblin
    Need help? Contact Storm8 through support.storm8.com and submit a request
    Got a new device? Transfer your games here!
    Have Facebook or Twitter? LIKE and FOLLOW us here!

New goal items are still in progress on the first page, so I thought I'd put up a quick infographic just in case

Bakery Story Quick Links: Game Guide | Master Box Guide | Bugs & Issues | Help Me I Have a Question
    Restaurant Story Quick Links: Game Guide | Master Box Guide | Bugs & Issues | Goal Prize Re-Locking Bug | Help Me I Have a Question
    Need Me? Send me a PM
    ~ Gentle Reminder: Mods are players, just like you! I am not a Storm8 Employee ~

New goal items are still in progress on the first page, so I thought I'd put up a quick infographic just in case

Spoiler: show
    My two (four?) cents on this goal set so far:

1. I guess I'm going against the grain of public opinion with this goal. I don't think the new content is half bad, just... a little flat. As in, the colors chosen for the chairs, tables, counters, wallpaper, and flooring, seem to have no shading/highlighting to give the impression of sparkle or shine which is so often associated with the holidays. I'm usually the first to rail against unnecessary sparkles, but if there were ever a set of items that needed them, this might be it given the holiday context in which they were introduced.

It feels less festive than the label implies, and the furniture seems a little mismatched to me (really the only tying element of the tables/chairs/counters is a plaid pattern - a little more coordination would have been nice). I'll probably use the chair and counter to mix and match with other tables/chairs/counters from other sets. The tile also, I might use in a different setting (maybe a walk of fame or red carpet party kind of environment, or even a castle design). Have to agree with others though that the wallpaper was a miss. It feels more ketchup-and-mustard than holidays!

That being said, I love the Ornament Display wall hanging, and I'm really looking forward to the floor decor goal prizes. I like that the Excess Gifts display is oversized and think it would coordinate well with other gift display-type decor we've previously had in the game. Fingers crossed it can also work for birthday designs. From its preview, the Silver Bells arch looks like it's nice and shiny and I'm hoping it will coordinate well with the "Fine" Gold items and other gold decor in the game. I'm looking forward to using it in outdoor holiday scenes and even possibly for wedding setups if the design is flashy enough

2. A big, big THANK YOU to the Restaurant Story team for listening to player feedback and NOT bringing back raised requirements for this goal!! Very happy to see that the feedback was taken into account

3. Perhaps it's too early to say, but if the counter presentation of the Mushroom Soup is an early indication, then I hope player feedback regarding counter presentation was also heard:

Quote Originally Posted by tokyo49 View Post
    Attachment 61504

Mushroom Soup
    Even though it's quite simple, I'm really pleased with the sage green bowl (Also, a countertop presentation that isn't three tiny bowls on a tray and that actually fits on a countertop?? I can scarcely believe it's still possible. To the team: please give us more like this moving forward!!)

4. Unrelated to any of the above, I'm really intrigued by the new character that popped up in our side goal this time around:

Obviously, she's not a completely new character, but I don't believe she's made very many appearances in the goals before. Is she Phoebe's mom? Or maybe the character version of the Cookin' Mama decoration? (Or maybe both??)

Cookin' Mama Floor Decor... there's a bit of resemblance there

Either way, would love to see more of her in the game, and as a floor decor eventually in Restaurant Story
    Last edited by pixiegamer; 12-10-21 at 11:03 AM.

Need Me? Send me a PM

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast