Thread: BOX: Ornament Crate - 2021 Dec. 02

Nightclub Owner

BOX: Ornament Crate - 2021 Dec. 02

New Mystery Box and Goal

Available for 33 Days

Ornament Crate currently on sale at 16 Gems for 33 days.
    *Will be removed at the end of this time*

Ornament Crate Contents:
    Common (4th Prize, 54%):
    Evergold Ornament - wall
    Basic Bauble - 1x1
    Ornamental Arch - 1x1

Uncommon (3rd Prize, 35%):
    Shining Gift Center - 2x2
    Shining Elfs - 2x1

Rare (2nd Prize, 10%):
    Shing Silhouette - 1x1 *Typo - Shing = Shining or Shiny*
    Radiant Reindeer - 3x3

Exceptional (1st Prize, 1%):
    Santa's Sack - 4x4

Glitter and Glow - 33 Day Goal
    Have 1 Evergold Ornament
    Have 1 Basic Bauble
    Have 1 Ornamental Arch
    Have 1 Shining Gift Center
    Have 1 Shining Elfs
    Have 1 Shing Silhouette *Typo - Shing = Shining or Shiny*
    Have 1 Radiant Reindeer
    Have 1 Santa's Sack
    *Rewards: $1,000, 90 xp

NOTES:
    - Players must be Level 12 or higher to receive the Mystery Crate Goals.
    - Mystery Crate Goal is optional. Its purpose is simply to showcase the items contained within the related Mystery Box.
    - Opening the box via the goal book does NOT assure you a certain a prize. All crate purchases are RANDOM.
    - This goal will not impact your playing or your odds when purchasing the box.
    - It is not necessary to make your box purchases through the goal to have your prizes count in the goal.
    - The goal task will automatically check off the items as you randomly win them from the box.
    - You will only be charged gems when you click on the Mystery Box in the Market like you do for all box purchases.

Link to Master Box Guide for details on Mystery Boxes in general: https://forums.storm8.com/showthread...ster-Box-Guide

Inventory/Market Cards:
    Spoiler: show

Decos on Display:

Goal Cards:

USEFUL LINKS:

Have a non-goal related question?
    BS Help Me is what you're looking for.
    Looking for new neighbors?
    BS Add Me Forum is your best bet.
    Experiencing a Bug in your game?
    BS Bugs Forum is where to report.
    New to the game or just looking for a refresh?
    BS Game Guide is full of useful info and links.
    Need to contact the team directly for a support issue?
    Storm8 Support Ticket will get you started.
    Want to convert goal times to local time?
    Time Zone Converter will help with that.
    Unsure of the rules and regulations?
    Forum Rules explains them.
    Popular Links:
    Daily Gem Videos / BS Master Box Guide / BS Speculation Thread / BS Neighbors and Etiquette / BS Suggestion & Feedback Forum
    Common Issue Links:
    SweetCo Goal Issue - FIXED! / No Notifications / Videos with Issues / Goal Deco STUCK on board

Rhino Keeper
    There is nothing in that crate that tempts me.

Most of it doesn?t even look Christmassy.

Yay! I rarely open boxes but sometimes it is difficult. This one is easy.

Executive Chef
    I think the 'Santa's Sack' would be fitting next the 'Swirling Gifts' final prize from the main goal, for my bakery.

I got to see the size first, then I will buy.
    PLEASE CHECK OUT MY THREAD

Suggestions To Improve Game Experience HERE

Nightclub Owner
    Well... I'm glad to see the first prize is nice and large but.... not to sound like whiner but is it too large?

And I do wish the team would take care to at least try to make the decos at least closer to the same scale if they can't manage to keep them all the same. It's all but impossible to use decos together when they're all scaled so differently! I mean, look at that tiny reindeer or the tiny archway next to the ginormous sack of gifts - it's ridiculous!

Other than the size issues, I like the general idea of each of the decos and the fact that they're nice and colorful without being an eyesore. It's a fine line to tread and they usually get it wrong but I'm visually pleased with the decos overall this time. (when the other complaints are taken into consideration, lol).

Rhino Keeper
    Shining elfs are very cute! I really wish it was one of the goal prizes! Dont want to spent gems on the box since I rarely get what I want out of the boxes :/

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnirasSweets View Post
    Well... I'm glad to see the first prize is nice and large but.... not to sound like whiner but is it too large?
    Would I love to have that sack of presents right now & put it next one my larger sleighs!

Maybe S8 was going for the idea of the sack being like the one in The Polar Express.

EDIT: I wonder if this box would be included in the Christmas sale, it would be nice to directly buy the sack because that's the only item I like beside the basic bauble.
    Last edited by Natasha_07; 12-03-21 at 09:25 PM.
    PLEASE CHECK OUT MY THREAD

Suggestions To Improve Game Experience HERE

Nightclub Owner
    I played around with some items and I think that the bag of gifts may be able to work with some older items despite its ginormity, mainly because the actual gifts inside of the sack seem to be on a scale that can make sense with other decos:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9385.PNG 
Views:	48 
Size:	1.18 MB 
ID:	61452

The tiny items, however, are of little to no use with their current scale and size:

Name:	IMG_9387.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	120.4 KB 
ID:	61453
    I mean, the tree in the Shining Gift Center is small but I might've been able to set things up so it wasn't obviously smaller than the older trees but the reindeer is ridiculous! I put both a 2x1 and a 1x1 reindeer for comparison sake and the reindeer in the new deco is so small it couldn't even pass as a baby for the larger ones. It might not have been so bad if they'd tried to make the new reindeer a plushie or toy of some sort, but they missed that mark by a long shot. If they're going to go for a realistic style, I wish they'd follow through and maintain said realism across all aspects of the deco in question.

Name:	IMG_9388.PNG 
Views:	38 
Size:	1.30 MB 
ID:	61454
    Same thing again with the arches - both a 2x1, a 1x1 and a 'standard' character to compare against which makes it all the more glaring how out of scale the newest addition is! I literally cannot think of a single way to successfully use the newest arch which is a shame because I thought it looked pretty cool on the pop up screen. I really liked that it was so different from most of our other archways so I was doubly disappointed by this deco.

The thing is, I'm not complaining just for fun, here. I genuinely adore these s8 games and am offering these points in the hopes that the team hears the validity of them and takes this into consideration going forward. Perhaps in the future they could, at the very least, double check to see how the new items fit against the older ones?

After all, these items cost gems - most of which are gained with real currency - so I think it's only fair to have higher expectations for these items than the standard goal decos.