Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: GOAL: Minty Fresh - 2021 Dec 02 (15 Days)

Host(ess)
    I took my own poll with my neighbors. None are happy with the increased requirements.
    One neighbor told me that at the end of December she will quit Bakery Story permanently.

Why bother running a poll if nothing is going to change?

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by Meadowlark88 View Post
    I took my own poll with my neighbors. None are happy with the increased requirements.
    One neighbor told me that at the end of December she will quit Bakery Story permanently.

Why bother running a poll if nothing is going to change?
    To be fair, the poll was put up by a Mod who is just a fellow player, not a member of s8 or anyone in charge of things.

In general, Polls are used as a way to gauge general opinion of forum users in the hopes of changing the company's actions in some regard but there's no guarantee.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bakery_story-2021-12-02-09-01-13.png 
Views:	86 
Size:	432.7 KB 
ID:	61457

Chocolate Dip Cookies

Very cute

It looks like S8 did not take our preference into consideration. What is the point of having a poll if you are not going to listen to what we have to say! You really have out done yourselves this time. I was unable to finish the goal in BS and got the one in RS under the wire. Well, it looks like I will finally be quitting the game.

None of my neighbors are happy, I guess S8 will listen when it looses most of the players.

I'm very happy with the new tables and chairs. They match my Candy Couches quite well.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2021-12-02-21-45-29-147.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	103.7 KB 
ID:	61460
    Last edited by SBDOVER72; 12-02-21 at 08:00 PM.
    I hope everyone is having a wonderful day

All my neighbors are angry about the goals being virtually impossible. They are threatening to quit too. And I don't know any of these other people that have posted so these people are not related to the. If the goal is to get people to quit the game you're doing great.

New Resident
    There are currently two options to complete the goals on time:
    1. Build extra ovens over the 3 required
    2. Sacrifice sleep to wake up in the middle of the night to bake

Frankly, no one should be taking option 2 given the number of goals and the fact this is a casual game. So I decided to do the math on option 1 - building extra ovens.

If you build extra ovens to complete the goal, you will lose coins on the goal.

I calculated how many coins you would gain or lose if you did the goal as written with 3 ovens each and maxed all recipes.

Based on my analysis, you will gain $14,590 coins per 15 day goal after all recipe servings are sold. The cheapest oven is $35,000 coins, so purchasing one extra oven means you lose ($20,410) coins on the goal. Each extra oven purchased will continue to decrease your profit by the cost of the oven.

This framework is unsustainable.
    Last edited by pixiegamer; 12-03-21 at 04:01 PM. Reason: Removed 3rd party link - converted to img

Wow! Thank you for the information.

Quote Originally Posted by sherriet View Post
    There are currently two options to complete the goals on time:
    1. Build extra ovens over the 3 required
    2. Sacrifice sleep to wake up in the middle of the night to bake

Frankly, no one should be taking option 2 given the number of goals and the fact this is a casual game. So I decided to do the math on option 1 - building extra ovens.

If you build extra ovens to complete the goal, you will lose coins on the goal.

I calculated how many coins you would gain or lose if you did the goal as written with 3 ovens each and maxed all recipes.

Based on my analysis, you will gain $14,590 coins per 15 day goal after all recipe servings are sold. The cheapest oven is $35,000 coins, so purchasing one extra oven means you lose ($20,410) coins on the goal. Each extra oven purchased will continue to decrease your profit by the cost of the oven.

This framework is unsustainable.
    Last edited by pixiegamer; 12-03-21 at 04:03 PM. Reason: Removed 3rd party link - converted to img

New Resident
    What is the best way to communicate with S8 in regards to how we feel about the new goal requirements since it doesn’t appear to be through the forum?

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast