Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: GOAL: Minty Fresh - 2021 Dec 02 (15 Days)

Moderator (volunteer) pixiegamer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ktditt View Post
    What is the best way to communicate with S8 in regards to how we feel about the new goal requirements since it doesn?t appear to be through the forum?
    The poll is still active on the other goal thread, and is open for the next couple of days. The team has been made aware of the polls so they can gauge responses. The other mods and I are also still actively gathering and sending over feedback.

Honestly, the best way to express feedback is through the forums (as long as forum rules are observed, of course). Threads are checked regularly by both mods and staff members - that's why you see replies from Mods and Community Managers on the threads

That being said, please keep in mind that feedback does take time to collect, implement, and act upon. AnnirasSweets summed it up in an earlier post:

Quote Originally Posted by AnnirasSweets View Post
    To be fair, the poll was put up by a Mod who is just a fellow player, not a member of s8 or anyone in charge of things.

In general, Polls are used as a way to gauge general opinion of forum users in the hopes of changing the company's actions in some regard but there's no guarantee.
    ~ Forum Moderator for Bakery Story and Restaurant Story ~

Bakery Story Quick Links: Game Guide | Master Box Guide | Bugs & Issues | Help Me I Have a Question
    Restaurant Story Quick Links: Game Guide | Master Box Guide | Bugs & Issues | Goal Prize Re-Locking Bug | Help Me I Have a Question
    Need Me? Send me a PM
    Having an issue with your game? Contact Storm8 Support
    Forum Rules: Check Here!
    ~ Gentle Reminder: Mods are players, just like you! I am not a Storm8 Employee ~

New Resident

New goal requirements

Quote Originally Posted by pixiegamer View Post
    The poll is still active on the other goal thread, and is open for the next couple of days. The team has been made aware of the polls so they can gauge responses. The other mods and I are also still actively gathering and sending over feedback.

Honestly, the best way to express feedback is through the forums (as long as forum rules are observed, of course). Threads are checked regularly by both mods and staff members - that's why you see replies from Mods and Community Managers on the threads

That being said, please keep in mind that feedback does take time to collect, implement, and act upon. AnnirasSweets summed it up in an earlier post:

Thanks for the response pixiegamer

My two cents regarding the new requirements: I can typically finish the side goal within a few days, but i am not able to finish the mail goal until a few days left. And I can never complete the goal oven recipes before having to move on to the next goal. I have a full time job, and I have two young kids. I?m not always able to manage my ovens to the best efficiency. I hate that there are restrictions on the amount of parts you can receive a day, and also hate that the ovens require so many parts. Some days it seems I don?t receive nearly the same amount as others. Maybe my neighbors stop sending oven parts as the goal progresses? Regardless, it can be a challenge to build the ovens. Now that the requirements are even higher I will not be able to finish the mail goals. This is a game that I used to really enjoy. Then the last changes made it a game I kinda enjoyed. Now it?s too stressful, a nuisance, and will be work. Not the relaxing, enjoyable game of the past.

The game has basically been turned in to a goal based game to get nice items or new recipes. So if goals are unattainable for most players it kind of defeats the purpose of the game. 🤷*♀️

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by sherriet View Post
    There are currently two options to complete the goals on time:
    1. Build extra ovens over the 3 required
    2. Sacrifice sleep to wake up in the middle of the night to bake

Frankly, no one should be taking option 2 given the number of goals and the fact this is a casual game. So I decided to do the math on option 1 - building extra ovens.

If you build extra ovens to complete the goal, you will lose coins on the goal.

I calculated how many coins you would gain or lose if you did the goal as written with 3 ovens each and maxed all recipes.

Based on my analysis, you will gain $14,590 coins per 15 day goal after all recipe servings are sold. The cheapest oven is $35,000 coins, so purchasing one extra oven means you lose ($20,410) coins on the goal. Each extra oven purchased will continue to decrease your profit by the cost of the oven.

This framework is unsustainable.

Thanks for the info! This is very useful indeed.
    S8 tryna make us go broke Unless you skip the next goal after you,ve completed one to save some coins back... Frankly, I dont do every single goal nowadays bc of the goal prizes being not really exciting for me, so I guess I'll be fine...for now 😬 unless they'll be coming up with gorgeous goal themes every single time...

I am doing this goal for the recipes but that is all. I already have several trees like the main goal prize and I have the side goal prize as well. Many of the side goal prizes over the past year or so, I halready have. Sometimes I have 2 of the items already. I have been playing since at least 2012. Member of this forum since then.

New Resident
    Sorry to say it like that but that?s a bad excuse. The feedback about the goals is nearly the same for years now (since they made those ovens with 80 parts), so they had plenty of time to act upon. They?re just greedy and nasty at this point.

Farm Supplier

Every time I visit someone, I've been posting to ask them to come here and express how they feel about the increased goal requirements (every person who has messaged me back has been very angry with many saying they will quit the game if this continues ��).

Please, I urge everyone on here to do the same, I honestly have been surprised how many people don't know about the forums.
    If we get more traffic and complaints on here, maybe S8 will listen!

New Resident
    I haven't done any of the goals in a long time, since they made it too difficult to get parts for the goals and I don't buy gems because it is too expensive! I love my bakery and use to have two of them but quit one because it's too hard to maintain! Also don't have enough active neighbors to get parts for each goal!

Rhino Keeper
    Even with the recipe requirements, goals are attainable, if your consistent and serve dishes before they spoil. People quit complaining, either play the goals or don?t.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bakery_story-2021-12-04-05-23-31.png 
Views:	54 
Size:	480.9 KB 
ID:	61464

Peppermint Fluff

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	56FE01C8-D5BC-4951-B5F5-9662842344FE.jpeg 
Views:	593 
Size:	195.7 KB 
ID:	61478

Peppermint Stick Cake
    Last edited by tokyo49; 12-05-21 at 04:19 PM.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast