Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Rollback that is Ridiculous Beyond Belief

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by deadpixel View Post
    After I started the latest Dragon Tales, the game crashed, and I was locked out (couldn't log in) for three days. I didn't bother submitting a ticket to Support because I knew that I would be able to get in on the third day whether I submitted a ticket or not.

Once I got in, I caught up as best I could with the tasks of the last two days and got up to the crafting of the Decoration Dragon egg. Three minutes later the game crashes and when I got back in, found that it had rolled back into an incredibly ridiculous state.

The game recognizes that I had started crafting the egg as my next task is to hatch the egg.

However, after the rollback, the egg that was being crafted in the Spell Shop disappeared and now instead of having two Decoration markers to restart crafting the dragon again, I am left with one, making it impossible to craft the dragon unless I spend five hundred gold.

It is a simple matter to put in place a subroutine that compares the game's current stored state against the items that it should have to be in that state when a rollback occurs, and yet such a simple subroutine has not been implemented despite DS being a "matured" game.

Please do not advise me to submit a ticket to get this fixed. I just won't bother with finishing the current Dragon Tales. I am no longer emotionally invested in the game, and my playing it is now more out of habit than anything else.

Hey Deadpixel
    DITTO
    Please do not advise me to submit a ticket to get this fixed. I just won't bother with finishing the current Dragon Tales. I am no longer emotionally invested in the game, and my playing it is now more out of habit than anything else.

YOU HAVE SUMMED IT UP BEAUTIFULLY

I too have got to stage of not bothering to start events and I certainly refuse to spend any more money on this game until rollback issues are fixed. I don?t even pay weekly gold for second breeding den anymore. I?m still thinking they have decided to stop supporting the game anymore and until I?m convinced otherwise I will continue to limit visits to occasional drop in to collect gold and plant food.

SUCH A PITY!!

Quote Originally Posted by Marty67 View Post
    Your assumption based on your examples would be correct if every start of the game would be exactly the same. But this isn't the case, you have different or none ingame notifications or ads popping up for every start. Those already alter the memory to a different state each time, so it doesn't matter in which order you collect coins or how far you get. Btw. i never ever get to collect all coins in one go since years and my game slows down before crashing, i can almost always tell beforehand when it crashes.
    I’m aware of this. But my observation is based on the times where there are no ads, no pop-up notifications and as I have played DS since the beginning, I dare claim to have been witness to thousands, if not tens-of-thousands of start-ups and other scenarios.

Also, I have designed, written, debugged, and tested enough applications and systems to recognize the difference between an issue caused by memory problems and one caused by improper error handling.

Regardless, I am now only waiting till I am able to login so that I can sell off every dragon and habitat I own to drive home the final nail into the coffin and never again yield to the temptation of playing DS again. I’ll probably leave some decors unsold and use them to leave some words on my isles for visitors.

Quote Originally Posted by Ellerslie6 View Post
    Hey Deadpixel
    DITTO

YOU HAVE SUMMED IT UP BEAUTIFULLY

I too have got to stage of not bothering to start events and I certainly refuse to spend any more money on this game until rollback issues are fixed. I don?t even pay weekly gold for second breeding den anymore. I?m still thinking they have decided to stop supporting the game anymore and until I?m convinced otherwise I will continue to limit visits to occasional drop in to collect gold and plant food.

SUCH A PITY!!
    Yes, it is a real pity. They were in the process of improving the game right until 2017 happened. That was when the improvements stopped and the issue with the random crashing started and persists till this day.

Executive Chef
    Not quite on topic, but I got stuck in one of those bingo loops we were talking about. I was finally in the Gold League and really trying hard to get some good prizes, then, boom! Stuck in a loop and couldn't advance. No prizes this week and back to Silver league next week. It's ok - I prefer Silver League, anyway. Actually Bronze has some of the best prizes. Lol!
    I've spent thousands of dollars on Storm8 games, but I'm still not valued by the company.

Executive Chef
    I have experienced slight rollbacks fairly frequently for awhile (usually with crop tasks in bingo) and it?s always frustrating, but I never experienced an insane one until a couple days ago. It was getting close to the end of the bingo game for the week and I was trying to claw my way into third place in the silver league. I would have gotten 60 points and the completion of a bingo for winning 4 battles. I won the 4th battle with a lot of time left on the clock, collected my points for the task, got my 100 points for the bingo, then visited the Arctic Isles in order to force the game to process and send the data to S8 and ?lock in? what I?d done. (I?ve experienced WAY too many ?glitches? that took away my battle wins throughout the years so I do this as a kind of insurance against that happening.) When I got back to my main island, it had taken away my battle wins and bingo, had gone back to the previous bingo card, and said the task to win 4 battles was expired and had to be cleared. I was so frustrated.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by cakeandpie View Post
    I have experienced slight rollbacks fairly frequently for awhile (usually with crop tasks in bingo) and it?s always frustrating, but I never experienced an insane one until a couple days ago. It was getting close to the end of the bingo game for the week and I was trying to claw my way into third place in the silver league. I would have gotten 60 points and the completion of a bingo for winning 4 battles. I won the 4th battle with a lot of time left on the clock, collected my points for the task, got my 100 points for the bingo, then visited the Arctic Isles in order to force the game to process and send the data to S8 and ?lock in? what I?d done. (I?ve experienced WAY too many ?glitches? that took away my battle wins throughout the years so I do this as a kind of insurance against that happening.) When I got back to my main island, it had taken away my battle wins and bingo, had gone back to the previous bingo card, and said the task to win 4 battles was expired and had to be cleared. I was so frustrated.
    I'm so sorry that happened. What a frustrating experience!
    I've spent thousands of dollars on Storm8 games, but I'm still not valued by the company.

Fashion Designer

Quote Originally Posted by mymonta View Post
    I'm so sorry that happened. What a frustrating experience!
    Has this ever happened to you?

<Snip...> then visited the Arctic Isles in order to force the game to process and send the data to S8 and ?lock in? <...Snip>
    Visiting the Arctic Isle and Neighbors never quite worked for me. The only action that really locked in my game progress was for me to visit the mines, either one of them.

But all that's moot now since I haven't been able to log in for more than a month.

Rhino Keeper
    The only somewhat reliable lock or sync for me is to make sure I'm connected and shut the game down/exit and restart. Even then its a hit or miss, but usually works. I've tried other things like visiting, mining, etc. Funny how I can spend gold or food when I don't want and that is ALWAYS recorded.

Rhino Keeper
    Well this takes the cake! I worked very hard last night to improve my rank on the Bingo leaderboard and ended up in second place, winning 3 5x breeding boosts, 3 5x hatching boosts, and 3 5x farm boosts. The results confirmed I won. I clicked on a breeding den - yep, had all the boosts. Clicked on a nest - yep, had all the boosts. Clicked on a farm - yep, had all the boosts. Then the game ROLLED BACK and took away all my boosts. I?ve never seen anything like it. I. Swear. To. Goodness!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast