Page 42 of 101 FirstFirst ... 323839404142434445465292 ... LastLast

Thread: Won't open

Rhino Keeper
    Locked out,Log in,Get booted out,cant log in again…
    It’s Groundhog Day!
    Managed to start the new event before getting booted out-Not holding out much hope of finishing the new event…Deep Sigh….

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by hagypagy View Post
    Still locked out despite the new event starting.
    This seems like the end for me.
    Goodbye everyone!
    Thanks for a really fun 8years.
    I can't get in either. I've been in the forums since December 2012 so playing around 10 years. My other account has the Love Shack but not nearly the alicorns as the one I've been playing since shortly after the Love Shack. I was able to get into that old game but it just made me angry and depressed. I have no desire to play anymore and I was a good customer who spent a decent amount of money. I don't understand how they can say they've been working on fixing it for six months and play the sympathy card saying they are working through being sick. Why wasn't that posted here on the forums? [removed]
    Last edited by [S8] HungryGoblin; 05-26-22 at 03:07 PM. Reason: speculation/misinformation

Executive Chef
    I am able to get into my game sometimes however after a few days of relative stability I am locked out again. Do I need to keep submitting tickets. I submitted one a week ago.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by Galadraal View Post
    I can't get in either. I've been in the forums since December 2012 so playing around 10 years. My other account has the Love Shack but not nearly the alicorns as the one I've been playing since shortly after the Love Shack. I was able to get into that old game but it just made me angry and depressed. I have no desire to play anymore and I was a good customer who spent a decent amount of money. I don't understand how they can say they've been working on fixing it for six months and play the sympathy card saying they are working through being sick. Why wasn't that posted here on the forums? [removed]
    I can't say with certainty, but I would bet real money that a large part of the problem is that Apple (IDK about Android) is doing software updates about every 2 months the past year. Every time there is an update, there is an opportunity for the game to be buggy. Many people do "automatic updates" (which I never, ever recommended to clients) and so if the new Apple update messes with the game, CS has to jump to address it. While enabling the code to continue to work for people with older devices and versions.

I have noticed that I am starting to have some problems, but I know at least some of it is ISP issues. Other websites are also timing out before they can load. I have to clear my cache daily at least. The wildfires burning where I am geographically have resulted in a lot of Internet traffic getting re-routed in my part of the country. In the US at least, there have been numerous weather problems resulting in lots of electrical outages. So internet traffic in those regions is getting re-routed. And cell phone towers are down, there are increasingly numerous infrastructure problems relating to electricity and internet being available.

Not to mention, people being ill virtually everywhere means it's not just S8 people getting sick and having less help. The ISP providers are struggling while demand and usage has skyrocketed.

I've also noticed a lot more activity from my antivirus software; the number of attacks hitting my ISP have increased significantly this past year. And with many many more people working from home the WWW has much more traffic than previous years, contributing to the possibility of network time outs. Your ISP is re-routing as well as delays occurring due to increased traffic. Then the signal hits the S8 servers, and searching through massive inventories to load items add to the possibility of a time-out error, IMO.

So while some of this is likely S8 software, some of it is also out of S8 control. And unfortunately the larger accounts, with collector items that are really old and have to be reached from wherever they are stored, IMO contributes to this. S8's entire Castle Story inventory is massive, and if there is likely a permanent WWW congestion on top of more-or-less permanent increase in re-routing due to weather problems,I am wondering if a solution is to somehow "remove" old Event things that aren't able to be placed on our boards. Depending on whether Java or C++ is how the games are written (I assume it's one of the two, since most MMORPG games are), I am not sure how difficult this might be. But reducing overall inventories of things we can't actually use (and does loading our neighbors means we load all their inventory too?) might help, who knows. If S8 can decrease item inventory overall so that accounts load faster, maybe this could work? Instead of seeking out old stuff from 10 years ago that can't even be placed on the board?
    Last edited by [S8] HungryGoblin; 05-27-22 at 09:04 AM. Reason: edited original
    Plz add: SofiaDeo, pinkpresence (Pinks Place), impyLou (Queen Impylou), aaerie (Aaerie)
    Plz ask all 4 or none, thx

Quote Originally Posted by belbar22 View Post
    I am able to get into my game sometimes however after a few days of relative stability I am locked out again. Do I need to keep submitting tickets. I submitted one a week ago.
    You do not need to submit a ticket unless additional information regarding the issue has come to light. The team appreciates your patience while they work on a resolution.
    Storm8 Staff - [S8] HungryGoblin
    Need help? Contact Storm8 through support.storm8.com and submit a request
    Got a new device? Transfer your games here!
    Have Facebook or Twitter? LIKE and FOLLOW us here!

Host(ess)
    I'm so depressed, I have been unable to log in since May 15th, I sent in a ticket I really don't think they care. This happens all the time. I've been dealing with this problem for so long but lately it's been every 3 weeks. I've missed so many good prizes.

Quote Originally Posted by hagypagy View Post
    I just found this in the reviews on the App Store:
    Attachment 63386
    Was posted on Wednesday.
    Gives a little more insight into things.
    So, despite the ?known issues? they keep pushing out new Goals/Quests, and now, today another one is released! How many of us Still cannot access the game? Today is Day 11 that I cannot get in at all! I said it before, Stop pushing out these Goals/Quests and EVERYONE concentrate on Fixing the game and Updating It!

Host(ess)
    Quote Originally Posted by jen7779 View Post
    So, despite the ?known issues? they keep pushing out new Goals/Quests, and now, today another one is released! How many of us Still cannot access the game? Today is Day 11 that I cannot get in at all! I said it before, Stop pushing out these Goals/Quests and EVERYONE concentrate on Fixing the game and Updating It!
    That is a great idea! That would be such a nice thing to do for the players who are unable to play. Hold off a quest. The last 6 months is just progressively worse. I've lost count of the prizes I've lost. I wish we would be compensated but that'll never happen. They would also never [not push put a new goal. They would lose too much money. The players unable to play are just a drop the bucket.

Rhino Keeper
    Well got to play day before event started and yesterday to start event but here I am on Friday morning with same issue. I have already submitted ticket earlier this week before game came back for day and a half. I cleared most things off board and stored all walkers. Looks pathetic now compared to what I had out. Started new event but now who knows when I will be able to play again. Very sad that this may be close to the end of an era of game play not matched by any other game out there.

Rhino Keeper
    Apparently if you attempt log in enough times access can be gotten as literally after submitting my last post, access was achieved. Hopefully S 8 can get this figured out for everyone!