Page 1 of 101 123451151 ... LastLast

Thread: Won't open

Rhino Keeper

Won't open

Anyone else having trouble loading Castle Story? Game won?t open. I?ve tried on my iPhone & iPad. All other games will load. I often have trouble loading CS. I get the ?ATTENTION, CS is an online game & requires internet access? pop up.

Oh no! Please log a ticket with Support: https://support.storm8.com/hc/en-us/requests/new. They'll be able to look into this. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by [S8] HungryGoblin View Post
    Please note: When a ticket is closed, it does not necessarily mean the issue has been "solved". This issue on your account has been reported, and support is currently tracking the issue. Once they have the details of your report, there is no reason update it, or create a new ticket unless additional information has come to light. The team is still investigating so your patience is appreciated.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpiritWind00 View Post
    Moderator Reminder

I've noticed quite a few posts now of players posting their support comms here on the forum. Posting and discussing support emails and issues is not allowed. This is a violation of forum rules and all posts will be removed for privacy.

Here is the link to the stand alone rule for your information:
    Do not post Support emails or private communications in the forum
    Please note: When a ticket is closed/resolved, it does not necessarily mean the issue has been "solved". This issue on your account has been reported, and support is currently tracking the issue. Once they have the details of your report, there is no reason update it, or create a new ticket unless additional information has come to light. The team is still investigating so your patience is appreciated.
    We apologize for the inconvenience. If you haven't already, please reach out to support for assistance - link is in my signature. We appreciate your patience while our team continues to work on a resolution. There is no time frame when a fix will be implemented but, fingers crossed, one will be released soon.

Please do not post discussions with support - that is not allowed in the forum and will be removed.

Messages after App Update:
    Thank you all for your patience as we work to resolve this issue and thanks to our development team for making time to work on it with busy schedules and limited staff. If you are still having trouble getting in, the connection timeout threshold increases with each failed attempt, so we encourage you to keep trying!
    If you aren't able to login after the update, try the following and let us know please:

1. Put your device in airplane mode or disconnect to wifi for a minute. Reconnect and open again. This should make sure that the game is getting a fresh connection and isn't fetching a last remembered one.

2. If you get an error, try logging in again and leave the game open for up to a minute if you're not getting any connection error. If you get a connection error, please come and let me know on the forum. Screenshots are helpful if you have them.

Alternative:
    Reinstalling will install all of the game files again, so that might actually make your problem worse since it needs to download all of the art on your board. However, I did see a couple of anecdotes that this did help so feel free to try it if you want.
    Last edited by SpiritWind00; 07-14-22 at 07:47 PM.
    Storm8 Staff - [S8] HungryGoblin
    Need help? Contact Storm8 through support.storm8.com and submit a request
    Got a new device? Transfer your games here!
    Have Facebook or Twitter? LIKE and FOLLOW us here!

Moderator (volunteer) SpiritWind00's Avatar
    I was getting that at the same time as you posted too... moved to another room, reset my wifi and now all good.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by SpiritWind00 View Post
    I was getting that at the same time as you posted too... moved to another room, reset my wifi and now all good.
    It?s not my wifi connection. It?s the game. It happens often with CS, for me anyway. Usually when new land opens up, seems like CS overloads & wont open. Other players have the same problem. Always seems to happen during events or sales so I miss my chance to buy time limited items. Very frustrating.

I wonder that the knight on the horse galloping must get a bit tired! What helped me was storing my citizens (keep a couple of my faves out only) more than any other troubleshooting options. It might be worth asking Support for some specific advice about your game / device and see if they can help get you back in. I agree with you that it is really frustrating and I hope you can get back in soon!

Oh I've seen your posts... when players post comms from support then S8 will remove those posts in line with the forum rules. It's ok to say you're going to log a ticket but that's all players are allowed to post. There's a specific rule about it which I've started adding to all new threads I create. Keep working with Support...and I really hope you'll be able to log in soon.

https://forums.storm8.com/showthread...before-posting
    I find my game sometimes doesn't open or has trouble opening quickly if the wifi is being used to stream or even when I'm in a room furtherest from the modem. Sometimes it is just the time of day I'm logging on even when I'm home alone. It's all very random. My game is much more stable when I have at least 5GB free on my phone and I noticed that storing my citizens made a huge difference to syncing and roll backs. I don't ever reinstall though as my game sometimes clears everything itself and I wait for 10 mins for my kingdom to reload images. That's when I know it's time to clear room on my phone or store things.

Yes

Yes! Help! My other games load just fine so it?s not my internet.

Quote Originally Posted by sugarpinch View Post
    Yes! Help! My other games load just fine so it?s not my internet.
    If you haven't already, please log a ticket with Support: https://support.storm8.com/hc/en-us/requests/new. They'll be able to look into this. Thanks!
    Storm8 Staff - [S8] HungryGoblin
    Need help? Contact Storm8 through support.storm8.com and submit a request
    Got a new device? Transfer your games here!
    Have Facebook or Twitter? LIKE and FOLLOW us here!

Rhino Keeper

Won?t load

CS won?t load, again. Happen during the last event too. Missed out on prizes. Sigh!

Page 1 of 101 123451151 ... LastLast