Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: ONGOING ISSUE: Goal Prizes Re-Locking after Goal Completion

Okay, here's how it went in my case.

Mid-august I've got new phone.
    I've played there bakery goals and first resto goal successfully (19th of August Action Ice Cream 5 days)

Then I've played 15days school goal...
    And only after weeks I've found that my 1st school appliance is still with me, but my 2nd one is somehow locked back!
    You have to understand: I've never had to recheck my earnings before, so i didn't really catch it in time...

When i did, i first submitted a ticket.
    Then it happened again, and i renewed a ticked that had been closed as solved.
    And then again.
    And again.

Then I decided, maybe my new phone is the cause (when i downloaded RS and BS to it, it kinda warned me that these games are too old for my device).

So I've made an experiment and played one of 15 goals totally on old phone.
    It didn't help. Everything got locked back as soon as new goal was up.
    Last edited by pixiegamer; 12-10-21 at 01:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by VanaCatu View Post

And then again.
    And again.
    When a ticket is closed, it does not necessarily mean the issue has been "solved". This issue on your account has been reported, and support is currently tracking the issue. Once they have the details of your report, there is no reason update it, or create a new ticket unless additional information has come to light. The team is still investigating so your patience is appreciated.
    Last edited by [S8] HungryGoblin; 12-10-21 at 01:41 PM.
    Storm8 Staff - [S8] HungryGoblin
    Need help? Contact Storm8 through support.storm8.com and submit a request
    Got a new device? Transfer your games here!
    Have Facebook or Twitter? LIKE and FOLLOW us here!

Moderator (volunteer) pixiegamer's Avatar
    Hi guys!
    You scared me, Annira, so i ran to check my stuff.
    New recipes on grill just migrated to the end of menu, still mastered and unlocked.
    And prev.15 goal's - at least my ovens are still unlocked...

<images snipped>
    Okay, here's how it went in my case.

Mid-august I've got new phone.
    I've played there bakery goals and first resto goal successfully (19th of August Action Ice Cream 5 days)

Then I've played 15days school goal...
    And only after weeks I've found that my 1st school appliance is still with me, but my 2nd one is somehow locked back!
    You have to understand: I've never had to recheck my earnings before, so i didn't really catch it in time...

And then again.
    And again.

Then I decided, maybe my new phone is the cause (when i downloaded RS and BS to it, it kinda warned me that these games are too old for my device).

So I've made an experiment and played one of 15 goals totally on old phone.
    It didn't help. Everything got locked back as soon as new goal was up.
    Thank you for this information Vana This is really helpful - I've added it to the bug report for the team.

Based on this post - some affected parties are now no longer affected by this bug, while others are still affected, it seems. This is most confusing

Nevertheless, every bit of information helps. Thank you for your patience while the team works to try and identify/isolate this bug and issue a fix!!
    ~ Forum Moderator for Bakery Story and Restaurant Story ~

Bakery Story Quick Links: Game Guide | Master Box Guide | Bugs & Issues | Help Me I Have a Question
    Restaurant Story Quick Links: Game Guide | Master Box Guide | Bugs & Issues | Goal Prize Re-Locking Bug | Help Me I Have a Question
    Need Me? Send me a PM
    Having an issue with your game? Contact Storm8 Support
    Forum Rules: Check Here!
    ~ Gentle Reminder: Mods are players, just like you! I am not a Storm8 Employee ~

Thank you guys, I really do hope we'll get our earned stuff back: especially Annira who makes all goal charts recently, obviously spending some costs for it - and having all locked back afterwards?! - not fair!

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by pixiegamer View Post
    Darnit!

I saw your edit on the previous post too - so, this now affects the Tasty Trot (15-Day 18 Nov 2021) and Olden Spiced (5-Day 2 Dec 2021) goals as well.

Have any goals stayed unlocked for you?

(Also, if you're comfortable posting this or PMing me, would you be able to share which operating system and version of the game you are playing in?)
    For me, the problem started last month in mid November just after the Crafty Ideas goal ended (11-16-2021). I had read posts of other players having the issue but all of my goals were fine until they weren't - all goal items that I had unlocked since the Happy Harvest Goal (09-09-2021) re-locked without any notice. I hadn't updated my phone OS or the game recently when the issue suddenly occurred, to my knowledge nothing on my end changed but I was suddenly stricken with the issue all the same.

The way the bug seems to be working for me is that I can participate in goals and everything seems normal, I make my goal progress and unlock items as I do so. Once the goal ends, the unlocked items stay unlocked for a few days (wherein I get my hopes up) before suddenly vanishing behind the Locked banner once more. It seems like I get three or four days usually before things go away again. Whichever decos from the new goal I have on my board will stay where they are but I can't store them or I lose access to them. If I leave the new appliance out after completing a goal, all but the first recipe on each appliance locks again when I lose access to the new appliances in my market/inventory.

I have an iPhone 12 (that I got last December) and am currently running iOS 14.8.1 - the RS I have is the most updated version of the game which the App Store shows as being 1.9.4.

When the problem first started, I had been running the older version of the app (I'm thinking it was 1.8.4) because I had seen images from other players' phones and didn't like the way the updates that offered the full screen for newer devices changed the scaling of images on my phone. I didn't see the point in updating when the only change was one I wasn't a fan of. I already have a PC full of images a certain shape/size for the goal threads and the update would mean I'd have to scale every single image for the new goal images to match the old ones which seemed like too much work, lol.

However, after I contacted support when the issue started for me, I went ahead and bit that bullet and updated to the newest version of the app but it didn't help anything.

Hi guys!
    You scared me, Annira, so i ran to check my stuff.
    New recipes on grill just migrated to the end of menu, still mastered and unlocked.
    And prev.15 goal's - at least my ovens are still unlocked...

Attachment 61554Attachment 61555Attachment 61556

The moving of the recipes on the Basic Grill was an intended change.
    Paul__ ~ Moderator

Need forum help or have a game question? Click to send a private message
    Having trouble with your game? Click to contact Storm8 Support

Quote Originally Posted by Paul__ View Post
    The moving of the recipes on the Basic Grill was an intended change.
    Oh, I know that, my old friend! I play more than 8yrs already and know that goal recipes in basic appliances are always on the back)))
    I was just checking it after Ms. Annira's report to see how it goes in my account and to add to statistics))

Well, Ms. Pixie, it finally did NOT work.
    Despite the fact that I had all my stuff for this goal - https://forums.storm8.com/showthread...v-18-(15-Days) - during whole time of next 5days and 15days goals, - and after all I really GOT hope that everything is fixed for me at least from now on and for future...

Today new 15 started - and I got locked everything back again, including pre-pre-previous stuff from goal mentioned in link above, plus just finished one 15 with wonderful pile of gifts, and I didn't even yet check what about 5days one.

Couple of screens below, but actually i got the message. I'm naive, but not dumb at all. No sense to continue the same experiments hoping for new results. I'm done with this game.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20211223-235739_Restaurant Story.jpg 
Views:	578 
Size:	110.2 KB 
ID:	61710
    Last edited by VanaCatu; 12-24-21 at 03:45 AM.

Moderator (volunteer) pixiegamer's Avatar
    Well, Ms. Pixie, it finally did NOT work.
    Despite the fact that I had all my stuff for this goal - https://forums.storm8.com/showthread...v-18-(15-Days) - during whole time of next 5days and 15days goals, - and after all I really GOT hope that everything is fixed for me at least from now on and for future...

Today new 15 started - and I got locked everything back again, including pre-pre-previous stuff from goal mentioned in link above, plus just finished one 15 with wonderful pile of gifts, and I didn't even yet check what about 5days one.

Couple of screens below, but actually i got the message. I'm naive, but not dumb at all. No sense to continue the same experiments hoping for new results. I'm done with this game.

Name:	Screenshot_20211223-235739_Restaurant Story.jpg 
Views:	578 
Size:	110.2 KB 
ID:	61710
    Oh no (( I'm so sorry VanaCatu. Just when things were looking up too.

I'll add this to the report as an update. This is incredibly frustrating; I really hope the team can find the root cause soon.
    ~ Forum Moderator for Bakery Story and Restaurant Story ~

Bakery Story Quick Links: Game Guide | Master Box Guide | Bugs & Issues | Help Me I Have a Question
    Restaurant Story Quick Links: Game Guide | Master Box Guide | Bugs & Issues | Goal Prize Re-Locking Bug | Help Me I Have a Question
    Need Me? Send me a PM
    Having an issue with your game? Contact Storm8 Support
    Forum Rules: Check Here!
    ~ Gentle Reminder: Mods are players, just like you! I am not a Storm8 Employee ~

Nightclub Owner
    Just wanted to update that this is still an issue for me. Without exception, every locked goal item re-locks at some point between day 4 and 5 after the goal ends.

At this point, I've got to ask myself if there's even any real reason for me to continue on with the game when it looks like this issue is now a permanent feature? If the only new content we get is via goals and I can no longer retain access to those goal items then this really just feels like one long lesson in futility.

As a player who has been playing since 2011 and has mastered every recipe, I can only earn gems from the new goal recipes. Of course, now that I cannot even keep the new recipes unlocked long enough to try to master them, I'm really not seeing a lot of incentive to continue other than my own dogged determination to resist being forced from a game that I have always loved. At least I did before this bug came along!

So disappointing that there's been zero progress on this issue!!

Image of the latest 15 day goal items being both on my board and locked:

Name:	RS Bug 01-11-2022.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	89.5 KB 
ID:	61952

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast