Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 11/25: The Nutcracker Suite | event information on page 1

Fashion Designer TeikaEmberstorm's Avatar
    I've been doing the 2 hour adventure back to back and have 7 gnomes, the two gnomes as reward, and 5 more as drops from the adventure. I received 3 decorated trees and all of the other drops too. If you grow the undecorated trees, they will still drop the needed resources. I think you might want to keep the items from the pecan tree and the nutcracker as close to 99 as you can while crafting turtles cookies and wreaths. That's what I've been doing and it seems to be a pretty good strategy so far. I'm not sure how the energy expenditure will be for you. I hope you are able to finish.

Quote Originally Posted by NewDawn View Post
    Yes, check page 1 for items and rates. Don?t go on any quests so you?re ready for Nut Harvest Quests. Find out what buildings you may need to collect from so they are ready. Just waited 5 hours for my tavern to be ready. Also, you?ll have to make Nutty Cookies. Those are holding me up some because I didn?t collect from Nutcracker as often as I should have. Have to nurse him through now, collecting every 5 minutes. Read and plan and should be doable! Good luck!
    Thank you so much for the encouragement! I think I just overlooked the note about the drop rate. The gnome was a mystery, because in the early chapters it has no purpose. I am a long-time player, but there is always something that the forum can clarify for me! Thanks SpiritWind00, ShibuyaCloth, and everyone!!!
    Farmer or Builder, Jester or Vassel;
    All are welcome to my cartoon castle!

Quote Originally Posted by TeikaEmberstorm View Post
    I've been doing the 2 hour adventure back to back and have 7 gnomes, the two gnomes as reward, and 5 more as drops from the adventure. I received 3 decorated trees and all of the other drops too. If you grow the undecorated trees, they will still drop the needed resources. I think you might want to keep the items from the pecan tree and the nutcracker as close to 99 as you can while crafting turtles cookies and wreaths. That's what I've been doing and it seems to be a pretty good strategy so far. I'm not sure how the energy expenditure will be for you. I hope you are able to finish.
    Thank you so much!!! Congratulations on all of your gnomes! I am doing the adventure constantly, and hope I can get multiples, also. It seemed a little daunting if I had to get everything with the one gnome I have. Thank you, too, for your sage advice.
    Farmer or Builder, Jester or Vassel;
    All are welcome to my cartoon castle!

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by Frostyforest34 View Post
    I?m curious what criteria you use to determine who?s playing and who isn?t. I sat out several events in September and October, so anyone visiting my kingdoms would not see any items from recent events, but I was still addictively and actively playing daily. I also don?t really visit neighbors and write on walls.
    I chose to do it now as the event building is so large and obvious - I could easily spot those who were actively playing this time. If there was no building, I'd look for other recent things (eg the new land and buildings on the island) and see if they'd done anything with those - a level 50 would probably at least have started them. Then I'd look at their wall to see if there were recent posts - a low level with posts from 2015 and nothing since is unlikely to still be playing. Sometimes there'd be a post from years ago asking if they were still playing.

It's not perfect and I might have deleted active players by mistake but it has worked. It was also very time consuming! I've had 11 responses to this morning's requests within an hour whereas it would have taken all day before.

Rhino Keeper
    When exactly in Central European Time will the event expire tomorrow?
    Kingdom: Peroldrado
    (Gem confirmation button please)

Sent out the request for Cinnamon Spice to 19 neighbors I know will respond. Now, if the game is handling requests correctly, it'll just be a waiting game. I have my doubts though because I am still receiving requests today marked two/three days ago from neighbors asking for Recipe Cards.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by deadpixel View Post
    Sent out the request for Cinnamon Spice to 19 neighbors I know will respond. Now, if the game is handling requests correctly, it'll just be a waiting game. I have my doubts though because I am still receiving requests today marked two/three days ago from neighbors asking for Recipe Cards.
    one trick that works pretty well for me is, go to one of your favorite neighbors and send him a gift. Upon completion, go back to your realm and the number of responses should update right away.

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by xiq24 View Post
    one trick that works pretty well for me is, go to one of your favorite neighbors and send him a gift. Upon completion, go back to your realm and the number of responses should update right away.
    Didn't use that, most of my neighbors are old level 50, so their inventory is full, sending a gift won't work. However force close the game really helps flush the pipeline. I finally got my 20th spice! 4 hours to complete.
    Castle Story "Tome of Knowledge", visit for: Interactive Map, Inventory Cards, Detailed Inventory, and more...

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by ShibuyaCloth View Post
    Didn't use that, most of my neighbors are old level 50, so their inventory is full, sending a gift won't work. However force close the game really helps flush the pipeline. I finally got my 20th spice! 4 hours to complete.
    Force close is my favorite Castle Story cure-it-all

Executive Chef
    I'm accepting all requests for the spice, but I got a request for the recipe. Im not sure I should accept that request. Are there players out there still needing the recipe?