View Poll Results: What Did You Think Of The New Raised Requirements For This Goal?

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • I was able to complete the goals, and the raised requirements posed no issue

0 0%
  • I was able to complete the goals, no gems spent, but raised requirements made it harder to complete

9 17.65%
  • I was able to complete the goals, but had to spend gems to complete steps due to raised requirements

4 7.84%
  • I was not able to complete the goals due to the raised requirements

23 45.10%
  • I was not able to complete the goals, but was not planning to anyway (only until a certain step)

0 0%
  • I did not participate in this goal due to the raised requirements

2 3.92%
  • I did not participate in this goal due to other reasons

0 0%
  • I completed both the side goal and the main goal

5 9.80%
  • I completed the side goal, but not the main goal (due to raised requirements)

14 27.45%
  • I completed the side goal, but not the main goal (because the side goal was my bigger focus)

0 0%
  • I did not complete the side goal or the main goal

4 7.84%
  • I would like the raised requirements to apply to future goals

0 0%
  • I would NOT like the raised requirements to be applied to future goals

50 98.04%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: GOAL: Tasty Trot - 2021 Nov 18 (15 Days)

Quote Originally Posted by annie9700 View Post
    How do I find the poll?
    Scroll to the top of the page.
    Storm8 Staff - [S8] HungryGoblin
    Need help? Contact Storm8 through support.storm8.com and submit a request
    Got a new device? Transfer your games here!
    Have Facebook or Twitter? LIKE and FOLLOW us here!

Moderator (volunteer) pixiegamer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by annie9700 View Post
    How do I find the poll?
    Quote Originally Posted by [S8] HungryGoblin View Post
    Scroll to the top of the page.
    Adding to HungryGoblin's advice - if you're on a mobile device, you may not be able to see the poll immediately. Please switch the forum website to "desktop mode" on your device, and you should be able to see it. Hope that helps
    ~ Forum Moderator for Bakery Story and Restaurant Story ~

Bakery Story Quick Links: Game Guide | Master Box Guide | Bugs & Issues | Help Me I Have a Question
    Restaurant Story Quick Links: Game Guide | Master Box Guide | Bugs & Issues | Goal Prize Re-Locking Bug | Help Me I Have a Question
    Need Me? Send me a PM
    Having an issue with your game? Contact Storm8 Support
    Forum Rules: Check Here!
    ~ Gentle Reminder: Mods are players, just like you! I am not a Storm8 Employee ~

This was not thought through. The increased goals will not encourage people to buy gems for items they were able to acquire previously without them. This just discourages people and drives them away from the game. If S8 needs more money, then add something different to the game that requires gems. It’s a tough time for everyone.

I will be quitting the game if the requirements are not lower to the previous levels. This is a game not a full time job.

Farm Supplier

Very Disappointed

I seriously hope that Storm8 listens to their players on this! I play Restaurant, Bakery and Dragon Story on 2 different accounts. This is the first time I haven?t been able to complete the goals for Bakery & Restaurant. I don?t even try to finish with Dragon Story anymore because it is impossible to finish without spending money on gems
    If it is your intention to make players quit the games then just close them down and put us out of our misery
    Have started to play merge 5 games & pay money on them because they are interesting to play and not the same thing over and over again

My interest started to wane when you went with the new goal format instead of using basic parts
    I will give you one more try but if it is more of the same with the high parts and recipe requirements I am done.

Host(ess)
    Quote Originally Posted by pixiegamer View Post
    I really can't understand why the team decided to RAISE the goal requirements It really goes counter to all the player feedback on the goals we've been saying since the 15/15/5 day goal structure was introduced.

• The overwhelming majority of players want the goal time to be LONGER (there's still a stickied poll that demonstrates this indubitably)
    • The high number of parts per appliance makes it extremely difficult to get appliances built. 40+ parts required for EACH appliance means you can't build an appliance in a single day, period. And that's assuming you have 20 neighbors who gift you exactly what you need and see and reply to your requests for parts. Many don't.
    • Goals open for players at Level 12 - who will have far fewer appliance slots and coins/gems to be able to even START the goal. Who thinks this is feasible for newer players??
    • The quality of the recipe stats is quite low - some are even comparable to Level 1 recipes.

And perhaps the biggest insult to injury:

• THESE GOALS RESULT IN A NET LOSS OF COINS - EVEN AFTER FACTORING FOR MASTERING ALL RECIPES AFTER THE GOAL.

So yeah, not only do you have to slog through buying overpriced wallpaper & flooring and making low-quality foods to get to the goal prizes, but you have to recover financially afterwards.

None of it makes sense I know the common suspicion when something like this happens is that the team is trying to boost gem sales, but really? There are better ways to do it than by making already-difficult goals almost impossible. When's the last time we had a box in Restaurant Story, for example, or an LTO?

Heck, when's the last time we had any NEW decor content that WASN'T tied to goals in this game??

This isn't driving community engagement. It's driving people away from the game. Do better, Storm8.
    Couldn?t have said it better 👍👍

Rhino Keeper
    I could not complete the goal & none of my neighbors could either.
    Holiday decorations are my favorite. Now I will not be able to get any more or even see them in neighbors places.
    PLEASE MAKE THE GOALS EASIER OR THE TIME TO FINISH THEM LONGER.

Host(ess)
    I can't complete the goal this time 😭
    I usually have 4 stoves but this time I can't complete even having 6 of them. Very discouraging

Rhino Keeper
    I finished the goal with 9 whole hours to spare but I was very attentive (overly-attentive) to the game...and it was more a task - more like work than a game. Not fun. I am not doing future goals unless they are really, super, fall-down, OMG I CANNOT BELIEVE HOW ADORABLE THAT IS kind of goals. The bar is slightly (a smidgey-smidge lower) for holiday ones, especially Easter and Christmas. But I am done with goals.

I just will not do it and I am kind of glad.

Glad I finished - I wanted that turkey! - but I am not setting timers and staying up an extra 20 minutes and all of that. Not again. No more.

If they need money, they should sell the things people want to buy. Business is not rocket science. If you need money and you have something that people will purchase - SELL IT. Duh.
    Last edited by kayjco2; 12-02-21 at 04:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by raekins819 View Post
    Well said! Also the quality and relativity of the main goal prizes aren’t what they used to be.
    It's plan and simple they really don't care about the players

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast