View Poll Results: What Did You Think Of The New Raised Requirements For This Goal?

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • I was able to complete the goals, and the raised requirements posed no issue

0 0%
  • I was able to complete the goals, no gems spent, but raised requirements made it harder to complete

9 17.65%
  • I was able to complete the goals, but had to spend gems to complete steps due to raised requirements

4 7.84%
  • I was not able to complete the goals due to the raised requirements

23 45.10%
  • I was not able to complete the goals, but was not planning to anyway (only until a certain step)

0 0%
  • I did not participate in this goal due to the raised requirements

2 3.92%
  • I did not participate in this goal due to other reasons

0 0%
  • I completed both the side goal and the main goal

5 9.80%
  • I completed the side goal, but not the main goal (due to raised requirements)

14 27.45%
  • I completed the side goal, but not the main goal (because the side goal was my bigger focus)

0 0%
  • I did not complete the side goal or the main goal

4 7.84%
  • I would like the raised requirements to apply to future goals

0 0%
  • I would NOT like the raised requirements to be applied to future goals

50 98.04%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: GOAL: Tasty Trot - 2021 Nov 18 (15 Days)

Rhino Keeper
    Just to remind new players who haven't a lot of money, you don't have to buy the challenge wallpaper and floor tiles. You can buy cheaper ones to complete that 1st part of the challenge. Also buying a challenge table or chair as a floor decoration will then count towards buying 4 challenge tables and chairs later on
    Aka 🐪 Rajaz 🇬🇧
    Only accepting new neighbours who do challenges, don't mind me not visiting and want food (like me) between goals. Please post on my wall otherwise I won't accept your invitation

Rhino Keeper
    The guys at Storm8 seem to be thinking:

...What we are doing is not making our business enough money, so we need a change. I know! We will do MORE OF IT!!...

They are slowly putting themselves out of business but refuse to do the sensible things to make more money.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by pixiegamer View Post
    I really can't understand why the team decided to RAISE the goal requirements It really goes counter to all the player feedback on the goals we've been saying since the 15/15/5 day goal structure was introduced.

• The overwhelming majority of players want the goal time to be LONGER (there's still a stickied poll that demonstrates this indubitably)
    • The high number of parts per appliance makes it extremely difficult to get appliances built. 40+ parts required for EACH appliance means you can't build an appliance in a single day, period. And that's assuming you have 20 neighbors who gift you exactly what you need and see and reply to your requests for parts. Many don't.
    • Goals open for players at Level 12 - who will have far fewer appliance slots and coins/gems to be able to even START the goal. Who thinks this is feasible for newer players??
    • The quality of the recipe stats is quite low - some are even comparable to Level 1 recipes.

And perhaps the biggest insult to injury:

• THESE GOALS RESULT IN A NET LOSS OF COINS - EVEN AFTER FACTORING FOR MASTERING ALL RECIPES AFTER THE GOAL.

So yeah, not only do you have to slog through buying overpriced wallpaper & flooring and making low-quality foods to get to the goal prizes, but you have to recover financially afterwards.

None of it makes sense I know the common suspicion when something like this happens is that the team is trying to boost gem sales, but really? There are better ways to do it than by making already-difficult goals almost impossible. When's the last time we had a box in Restaurant Story, for example, or an LTO?

Heck, when's the last time we had any NEW decor content that WASN'T tied to goals in this game??

This isn't driving community engagement. It's driving people away from the game. Do better, Storm8.
    Agree 100% I've been thinking about quitting and this just may do it if I can't complete the goals. I barely get them done as it is. This is supposed to be fun not a job.

I agree 💯%❗

Fashion Designer
    These quantity goal increases are near impossible to do in 15 days! What are you guys trying to do to us? Do you really want us to quit? Because that's the only probable outcome from such a demanding amount of food in a short period of time. And we lose coins?!! What in the world is that about? How are we supposed to play? And what do you have to be like level 75 to even begin doing goals, to have enough coins and appliance slots! This is just ridiculous. Please change it back while I still have neighbors playing.

More people will be sitting out goals and want basic parts. That's over 100 taps to gift one person. Personally, my hand wrist and arm cannot handle that. People will also be wanting roast chicken as gift. There's another 100 taps. I foresee a lot of neighbor changes because of this and smaller neighbor lists, which definitely ruins the community aspect of the game. How far ahead do you think these things through? About how they're going to affect your players and the community overall? Instead of raising the quantity of food needed for goals you should be lowering the price on the tables and chairs, appliances, wall decor, etc etc etc. Why would this make people buy gems? So that they can buy coins? Yeah I highly doubt that is going to happen.
    Last edited by pixiegamer; 11-24-21 at 12:28 AM. Reason: Removed profane language & inflammatory remarks

all this extra work for a tiny 2x2 turkey float?

Happy Thanksgiving to my American friends...I personally don't care about this goal as a Canadian but like the recipes....the tapping from this game and another one is ridiculous. I've had to have cortisone shots and deal with pain that I shouldn't have to with the goals and don't get me started how hard it is to decorate. I also feel bad I can't tip like I used to...I cut my nbrs list down substantially. I play because it can be fun and for sure it's made to be addictive...I'm throughly disappointed in how these games are going, there has to better ways to make money for the game...I will have to ultimately chose my health over a game. Sad.

Executive Chef
    It would be great if S8 could give us an extra 3 days for this goal.

I would like to know how many have completed this or are on the last part.
    PLEASE CHECK OUT MY THREAD

Suggestions To Improve Game Experience HERE

Angry I agree!

Quote Originally Posted by pixiegamer View Post
    I really can't understand why the team decided to RAISE the goal requirements It really goes counter to all the player feedback on the goals we've been saying since the 15/15/5 day goal structure was introduced.

• The overwhelming majority of players want the goal time to be LONGER (there's still a stickied poll that demonstrates this indubitably)
    • The high number of parts per appliance makes it extremely difficult to get appliances built. 40+ parts required for EACH appliance means you can't build an appliance in a single day, period. And that's assuming you have 20 neighbors who gift you exactly what you need and see and reply to your requests for parts. Many don't.
    • Goals open for players at Level 12 - who will have far fewer appliance slots and coins/gems to be able to even START the goal. Who thinks this is feasible for newer players??
    • The quality of the recipe stats is quite low - some are even comparable to Level 1 recipes.

And perhaps the biggest insult to injury:

• THESE GOALS RESULT IN A NET LOSS OF COINS - EVEN AFTER FACTORING FOR MASTERING ALL RECIPES AFTER THE GOAL.

So yeah, not only do you have to slog through buying overpriced wallpaper & flooring and making low-quality foods to get to the goal prizes, but you have to recover financially afterwards.

None of it makes sense I know the common suspicion when something like this happens is that the team is trying to boost gem sales, but really? There are better ways to do it than by making already-difficult goals almost impossible. When's the last time we had a box in Restaurant Story, for example, or an LTO?

Heck, when's the last time we had any NEW decor content that WASN'T tied to goals in this game??

This isn't driving community engagement. It's driving people away from the game. Do better, Storm8.

I?m getting stressed out by this goal and I?m thinking of quitting. I play another restaurant game that had goals and recently made them more difficult, increasing the amount to be cooked, and I quit. I used to spend real money on that game. No more. Listen Storm8, you want to get people to spend money? Give them something worthwhile, don?t make the goals harder. Lots of frustration on the game right now. Give us a chance to buy old ovens that are locked to us. I would spend my money on that, but not to finish the goal for a decoration.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by Natasha_07 View Post
    It would be great if S8 could give us an extra 3 days for this goal.

I would like to know how many have completed this or are on the last part.
    I am on second recipe of 2nd appliance and have completed only 6, just started my next group of four. It will be another two days before I can build a 5th appliance.

I may finish, but I have been able to be very attentive to the game. People who cannot get to the game because of work or whatever - there is no way they can finish.

It might be for the best, though. There are puzzles online now and all kinds of things. All this tapping - I do not even know how many thousands of taps it is to change the restaurant over from Thanksgiving to Christmas. I know it takes several days.

I said this on the BS boards: if the goals are not fall-down adorable, I am done doing them. It is just too big a chore now.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast