View Poll Results: What Did You Think Of The New Raised Requirements For This Goal?

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • I was able to complete the goals, and the raised requirements posed no issue

0 0%
  • I was able to complete the goals, no gems spent, but raised requirements made it harder to complete

9 17.65%
  • I was able to complete the goals, but had to spend gems to complete steps due to raised requirements

4 7.84%
  • I was not able to complete the goals due to the raised requirements

23 45.10%
  • I was not able to complete the goals, but was not planning to anyway (only until a certain step)

0 0%
  • I did not participate in this goal due to the raised requirements

2 3.92%
  • I did not participate in this goal due to other reasons

0 0%
  • I completed both the side goal and the main goal

5 9.80%
  • I completed the side goal, but not the main goal (due to raised requirements)

14 27.45%
  • I completed the side goal, but not the main goal (because the side goal was my bigger focus)

0 0%
  • I did not complete the side goal or the main goal

4 7.84%
  • I would like the raised requirements to apply to future goals

0 0%
  • I would NOT like the raised requirements to be applied to future goals

50 98.04%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: GOAL: Tasty Trot - 2021 Nov 18 (15 Days)

Quote Originally Posted by pixiegamer View Post
    I really can't understand why the team decided to RAISE the goal requirements It really goes counter to all the player feedback on the goals we've been saying since the 15/15/5 day goal structure was introduced.

• The overwhelming majority of players want the goal time to be LONGER (there's still a stickied poll that demonstrates this indubitably)
    • The high number of parts per appliance makes it extremely difficult to get appliances built. 40+ parts required for EACH appliance means you can't build an appliance in a single day, period. And that's assuming you have 20 neighbors who gift you exactly what you need and see and reply to your requests for parts. Many don't.
    • Goals open for players at Level 12 - who will have far fewer appliance slots and coins/gems to be able to even START the goal. Who thinks this is feasible for newer players??
    • The quality of the recipe stats is quite low - some are even comparable to Level 1 recipes.

And perhaps the biggest insult to injury:

• THESE GOALS RESULT IN A NET LOSS OF COINS - EVEN AFTER FACTORING FOR MASTERING ALL RECIPES AFTER THE GOAL.

So yeah, not only do you have to slog through buying overpriced wallpaper & flooring and making low-quality foods to get to the goal prizes, but you have to recover financially afterwards.

None of it makes sense I know the common suspicion when something like this happens is that the team is trying to boost gem sales, but really? There are better ways to do it than by making already-difficult goals almost impossible. When's the last time we had a box in Restaurant Story, for example, or an LTO?

Heck, when's the last time we had any NEW decor content that WASN'T tied to goals in this game??

This isn't driving community engagement. It's driving people away from the game. Do better, Storm8.
    I agree with you wholeheartedly!

Farm Supplier
    100%!!!! This is the last nail for me...

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by kayjco2 View Post
    The guys at Storm8 seem to be thinking:

...What we are doing is not making our business enough money, so we need a change. I know! We will do MORE OF IT!!...

They are slowly putting themselves out of business but refuse to do the sensible things to make more money.

I agree, I was actually about to buy gems for the sale but after seeing what they've done with the goals here and in bakery story, it's a no. I am not spending another cent if this is what they're going to do! All they are doing is pushing the rest of their player base out the door.

Moderator (volunteer) pixiegamer's Avatar

Post Poll Added

Hi all,

There's been a lot of feedback already about the new raised requirements introduced with this goal. Mods have been relaying feedback as much as we can back to the team.

As we're now into the latter half of the goal timeline, I have added a poll to this thread to collect more information about how the raised requirements may have affected goal completion rates and actions. Your feedback would be incredibly valuable to pass onto the team

The poll specifically measures the impact of the new raised requirements, but as always, your additional feedback on this or any other part of the goal (ex. goal theme, quality of goal prizes; quality of goal recipes; quality of side goal prize; etc.) is also welcome via additional comments made on this thread. Please keep posts civil, respectful, and on-topic. Off-topic, inflammatory, and derailing posts will be moderated/removed.

Poll participants may choose multiple answers based on their unique situations, and submissions are anonymous. The poll will close in 7 days. Thank you!

--Pixie
    ~ Forum Moderator for Bakery Story and Restaurant Story ~

Bakery Story Quick Links: Game Guide | Master Box Guide | Bugs & Issues | Help Me I Have a Question
    Restaurant Story Quick Links: Game Guide | Master Box Guide | Bugs & Issues | Goal Prize Re-Locking Bug | Help Me I Have a Question
    Need Me? Send me a PM
    Having an issue with your game? Contact Storm8 Support
    Forum Rules: Check Here!
    ~ Gentle Reminder: Mods are players, just like you! I am not a Storm8 Employee ~

Rhino Keeper
    I voted.

This will be the first time ever that I will not finish in time. I always build 6 ovens each. So 12 total. I will not buy more because of the amount of parts we need. And I will not spend my hard earned gems on it. And defin not buy gems with real money. Cause it's not worth it.
    This isnt fun anymore. It's a game, not a fulltime job!

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by annalimanada View Post
    I voted.

This will be the first time ever that I will not finish in time. I always build 6 ovens each. So 12 total. I will not buy more because of the amount of parts we need. And I will not spend my hard earned gems on it. And defin not buy gems with real money. Cause it's not worth it.
    This isnt fun anymore. It's a game, not a fulltime job!
    I don't think I'll be able to finish either.��
    I don't mind buying gems to purchase decorations, but there is no way in heck I'll be using gems to finish goals.

I agree, I love this game because I can just do quick log ins a few times a day and be done, but if the goals will be like this, myself and my adult kids are all going to just stop playing, so that'll be 4 accounts gone in one go over this new raised goal requirements.��*♀️

Rhino Keeper
    No way will I be able to finish this goal! I need 32 items at 7 hours each….math says there’s no way to complete besides the fact that if I spend money and or gems you take it away! STILL waiting to get my recipes, stoves and ovens back from many goals ago that I made a ticket for but that’s as far as it goes! NOTHING gets fixed!

New Resident
    First, I wanted to tell that I've played this game for years since it was released and I used to love it. I was not happy when Storm8 decided to make goals 15 days instead of 30, but now with new raised requirements I would not be able to finish this or any furure goals at all. Playing the game should be fun. I would need to sacrifice my life (work and family) in order to complete goals now. Sad, I guess I'm going to quit soon. And I think many other players who used to enjoy this game will do the same.
    Last edited by vikapony; 11-29-21 at 01:04 PM.

Host(ess)
    How do I find the poll?

They are making these goals difficult to finish. First, they increased the number of parts to build one oven and now they have increased the number of dishes. Making it almost impossible to finish because now you need more ovens.The game is supposed to be relaxing not STRESSFUL. I'm considering quitting the game for the first time in 6 years. So sad.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast