View Poll Results: What Did You Think Of The New Raised Requirements For This Goal?

Voters
121. You may not vote on this poll
  • I was able to complete the goals, and the raised requirements posed no issue

4 3.31%
  • I was able to complete the goals, no gems spent, but raised requirements made it harder to complete

20 16.53%
  • I was able to complete the goals, but had to spend gems to complete steps due to raised requirements

13 10.74%
  • I was not able to complete the goals due to the raised requirements

52 42.98%
  • I was not able to complete the goals, but was not planning to anyway (only until a certain step)

4 3.31%
  • I did not participate in this goal due to the raised requirements

10 8.26%
  • I did not participate in this goal due to other reasons

1 0.83%
  • I completed both the side goal and the main goal

18 14.88%
  • I completed the side goal, but not the main goal (due to raised requirements)

35 28.93%
  • I completed the side goal, but not the main goal (because the side goal was my bigger focus)

2 1.65%
  • I did not complete the side goal or the main goal

15 12.40%
  • I would like the raised requirements to apply to future goals

2 1.65%
  • I would NOT like the raised requirements to be applied to future goals

105 86.78%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 LastLast

Thread: GOAL: This and That - 2021 Nov 16 (15 Days)

After 10 years of consistent playing I may have to stop. This game is no longer fun and the decorations and goal prizes are no longer worth the time or effort I put into playing. The changes made to how many parts to make an appliance was fine because of the parts drop. It seems that has slowed and I notice a part will drop but it won't count. The recipes are boring and brown. The decorations are uninspired and brown. I understand storm 8 needs to make money, but it won't happen with unappealing items. Also, there was nothing interesting in the Black Friday sale. I have over 1,400 gems (all earned) and there was nothing I wanted.
    Also, I'm pretty annoyed over all the ISO releases. Like there isn't a whole segment ot players who don't use Apple products. I've been ok with all the changes over the years but the last goal prizes being fountains over and over again is ridiculous. If they don't want to create then at least re-release appliances, decorations and prizes from back when the developers cared.

Fashion Designer
    This whole thing is absolutely ridiculous. When you look at the thread about the 15/15/5 day format, most people want more time. And a low quantity of parts to build. If you weren't rushing to do 15-day goals and gave us longer goals, you would have more time to work on design. That's two problems solved with one stone. How about you get rid of the collectibles, put the basic parts in the front not 100 taps back, do a 25-day goal with a side goal, then a 5-day goal? Make it a normal amount of parts to build appliances. Plenty of people give you constructive advice and you seem to do the opposite. It defies logic.

Farm Supplier
    This is the first time I've logged here is YEARS and sadly it's to complain!

I've been playing 'story' games for 7+ years and spent quite a bit of money in that time, but if this is how they're going to start making their goals...I'm done!

I play this for fun, and this is not fun, IDK how they expect any of us to complete goals with this excessive amount of recipes to be made...I mean, 40 x 10 hours?? What the heck are they even thinking, this isn't going to make them more money, it's just going to force what is left of their dwindling player base to actually leave for good!

I'm glad I noticed how long they've made this new goal before I spent more money on the black Friday sale!

Moderator (volunteer) pixiegamer's Avatar

Poll Added

Hi all,

There's been a lot of feedback already about the new raised requirements introduced with this goal. Mods have been relaying feedback as much as we can back to the team.

As the goal period is now winding down, I have added a poll to this thread to collect more information about how the raised requirements may have affected goal completion rates and actions. Your feedback would be incredibly valuable to pass onto the team

The poll specifically measures the impact of the new raised requirements, but as always, your additional feedback on this or any other part of the goal (ex. goal theme, quality of goal prizes; quality of goal recipes; quality of side goal prize; etc.) is also welcome via additional comments made on this thread. Please keep posts civil, respectful, and on-topic. Off-topic, inflammatory, and derailing posts will be moderated/removed.

Poll participants may choose multiple answers based on their unique situations, and submissions are anonymous. The poll will close in 7 days. Thank you!

--Pixie
    Last edited by pixiegamer; 11-28-21 at 11:23 AM.
    ~ Forum Moderator for Bakery Story and Restaurant Story ~

Bakery Story Quick Links: Game Guide | Master Box Guide | Bugs & Issues | Help Me I Have a Question
    Restaurant Story Quick Links: Game Guide | Master Box Guide | Bugs & Issues | Goal Prize Re-Locking Bug | Help Me I Have a Question
    Need Me? Send me a PM
    Having an issue with your game? Contact Storm8 Support
    Forum Rules: Check Here!
    ~ Gentle Reminder: Mods are players, just like you! I am not a Storm8 Employee ~

So, I'm just commenting to add my lil two cents about my experience with this challenge. I can honestly say the only reason I finished was because I didn't have work or class during the final leg of it due to the Thanksgiving holiday.

Usually when the goals start, the first couple of days I struggle with the 2hr recipes because when I'm working, I'm much too busy to bake every couple hours. And it did seem like it took forrreevveerrr to get through the first recipe of the first oven with the new number requirement, so that was pretty annoying. So the second oven, with the increased numbers, I had to figure out a way to get multiples in a shorter amount of time. I tend to build 6 of each so that I can blow through the final 10hr recipes quickly. I don't know how anyone can do this particular challenge with only the required 3 ovens built (and have time to sleep). This time I built only 5 of the first oven and 7 of the second oven and finished early this morning (Nov. 28) with the counter still showing 3 days left to finish, which is typical for me. I usually have 3-4 days left to spare.

All in all, this challenge was just more annoying to do. And also, I feel like the ovens give off less parts now when baking. I didn't use any gems to complete any of the recipes or skip baking certain ones, I kinda finagled the system a bit by switching recipes on multiple ovens to shake out the parts. But I know some players cannot do that if they don't have tons of coins to spare and have enough neighbors that gift parts. I'll have to wait and see how this next challenge goes when school is back in full swing. I have a feeling it'll take me right down to the wire if these numbers are the new norm.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by pixiegamer View Post
    Hi all,

There's been a lot of feedback already about the new raised requirements introduced with this goal. Mods have been relaying feedback as much as we can back to the team.

As the goal period is now winding down, I have added a poll to this thread to collect more information about how the raised requirements may have affected goal completion rates and actions. Your feedback would be incredibly valuable to pass onto the team

The poll specifically measures the impact of the new raised requirements, but as always, your additional feedback on this or any other part of the goal (ex. goal theme, quality of goal prizes; quality of goal recipes; quality of side goal prize; etc.) is also welcome via additional comments made on this thread. Please keep posts civil, respectful, and on-topic. Off-topic, inflammatory, and derailing posts will be moderated/removed.

Poll participants may choose multiple answers based on their unique situations, and submissions are anonymous. The poll will close in 7 days. Thank you!

--Pixie
    I cannot find the poll. Would you tell me where it is?

I bought no gems to get stuff in the Sale. 1) The sale isn?t all that great and 2) I don?t know if I will keep playing. Much of the stuff is Thanksgiving, which is over this year and I am no longer thinking, * I will use it next year.* I am thinking, *Will I be playing next year?* Or next month??

I have been playing this game and buying these gems for loads of years - over ten, but not sure exactly when I started - it was when a certain popular game with crops started filling out screens with other stuff they wanted us to do. I got sick of it and went looking for a different game and found this. So whenever that game started getting too demanding - that is when I started this. It has been a long time.

But (again) enough is Enough and I am done with goals unless they are really, super-great (or a decent Christmas one, because Christmas!)

I bet I am not the only one who did not buy anything because they are not sure if they will be around to use it.

Moderator (volunteer) pixiegamer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kayjco2 View Post
    I cannot find the poll. Would you tell me where it is?

I bought no gems to get stuff in the Sale. 1) The sale isn?t all that great and 2) I don?t know if I will keep playing. Much of the stuff is Thanksgiving, which is over this year and I am no longer thinking, * I will use it next year.* I am thinking, *Will I be playing next year?* Or next month??

I have been playing this game and buying these gems for loads of years - over ten, but not sure exactly when I started - it was when a certain popular game with crops started filling out screens with other stuff they wanted us to do. I got sick of it and went looking for a different game and found this. So whenever that game started getting too demanding - that is when I started this. It has been a long time.

But (again) enough is Enough and I am done with goals unless they are really, super-great (or a decent Christmas one, because Christmas!)

I bet I am not the only one who did not buy anything because they are not sure if they will be around to use it.
    The poll is attached to this thread. If you are on a phone or tablet, you may need to view the Desktop Site to view the poll. It doesn't always show on the mobile version of the forums.
    ~ Forum Moderator for Bakery Story and Restaurant Story ~

Bakery Story Quick Links: Game Guide | Master Box Guide | Bugs & Issues | Help Me I Have a Question
    Restaurant Story Quick Links: Game Guide | Master Box Guide | Bugs & Issues | Goal Prize Re-Locking Bug | Help Me I Have a Question
    Need Me? Send me a PM
    Having an issue with your game? Contact Storm8 Support
    Forum Rules: Check Here!
    ~ Gentle Reminder: Mods are players, just like you! I am not a Storm8 Employee ~

Fashion Designer
    I just finished my goal with 4 of the first oven and 6 of the second oven. No gems spent and I played with the recipe sitting completed for a few hours here and there. Didn't have trouble, but I'm glad it's over!

I agree! Too many hours (what's with the raised requirements) wasted to win YET another ugly fountain!!! 🙄 So not worth it!

Suggestions to improve gem sales

I really hope someone on the team sees this:
    I would gladly spend more gems if
    1. The quality of goals improve. I?m talking about the recipes, decor and the backstory of the goals! More vibrant colours! Not just brown and brown. More varieties in recipes, not just recycling recipes over and over. Reintroduce drink machines for every goal!
    2. Free gems don?t go away after gem purchase. Honestly this is the major reason why I don?t buy gems. Just. I want to support the game but I don?t want to feel like I am just some fat cow for you to milk.
    3. Revert back to old goal requirements. Please, I have work and this new increase is really tough on me.
    4. Make a monthly subscription maybe $9.99 a month we get an additional update of decor and ovens. Maybe it can be a tiered subscription: for $19.90 we get to unlock past recipes and past items as well. $29.90 get 5 gems/ 100 k coins per day? Just an idea