Thread: Once-a-Year Wishlist

Executive Chef

Once-a-Year Wishlist

Maybe "end-of-year wishlist" would sound better, but I'm thinking of these things now, so it is probably better to set it all in writing sooner, rather than later...

Kennel(name could use work) - some place that we can store pets and pet habitats, rather than having everything in the Cellar, mixed up with all the decorations. They are not decorations, after all. Alternately...

Menu tabs for the Cellar If not a separate building, perhaps the Cellar could have menu tabs, similar to those for the Market. Not only would pets be easier to find, but so would all the paths and fences. There would still be the huge mass of decorations that are unsorted, but there are so many (much more than the pets), that those should probably just be left alone.

Food Art School (name could use work) - a separate building that the Watermelon crafts in the Farmer's Outpost can be transferred over to. It could also allow for the creation of new recipes, such as Corn-Husk Dolls and Apple Rabbits (like the ones often included in Japanese children's lunches). This could also be used during events for things like carving pumpkins or making gingerbread houses.

Ice House - we have the Boiler, which produces Hot Water that can only be used in the Noodle House. But, since hot water freezes more quickly than cold water, perhaps using the Hot Water in the Ice House could produce Ice, which could then be used in other recipes, such as Shaved Ice, Ice Sculptures (which would tie back to the Food Art School), Flavored Ice (providing an additional use for the Sugar Spinner sugars), etc.

Grand Upheaval (name needs work...maybe "Recipe Renovation") - an event that reassigns certain recipes to buildings that are more appropriate to them. It was done twice before, when the Raisin was moved from the Kitchen to the Dehydrator, and when the different sugars were moved from the Windmills to the Sugar Spinner. So, perhaps it can be done again? There are not a lot of these recipes, but there are some: the Blueberry Almond Parfait to the Ice Creamery with the other cold desserts, Lasagna to the Kitchen, Watermelon Punch to the Juicer, Soup to the Cannery, Air Freshener to the Soap Maker, Cow Wash and Bath Ball to the Soap Maker, Alpaca Plushie to the Toy Maker, and more.

The Great Return (name needs work) - an event that reintroduces (and makes either permanent or seasonal) event-related crops and recipes to make increased usage of some of the lesser-used buildings, such as the Floral Shop. Seasonal crops and recipes could be Peppermint and Egg Nog, but only during the month of December, or something like that. Pumpkin could be either seasonal or permanent, being used from October to December, or with additional recipes (Pumpkin Bisque?) for the rest of the year.

More Pet Habitats - More pet habitats might be necessary, and would certainly be welcome to many. I think the current cap at 4 of one habitat is suitable. On the other hand, with so many pets available to be won and purchased, perhaps it would be advisable to expand the habitats from 3 residents to 4? Even 12 (or 16) spaces for a pet is not enough to house all the pets that are available: for example, there are a lot of dogs, a lot of cats, and a lot of pets that can go into the Wildlife Den...even expanding to 5 or 6 of each habitat, even at 4 pets per habitat, would not be quite enough space for them all. But, for some of the other pets, and additional one or two habitats (again, possibly up to 4 total) would be much appreciated.

I had a few more ideas, but I think I've said enough for now. I've no confidence that anything I've suggested will produce results, but at least I can be at peace, knowing that I expressed my thoughts.
    Last edited by PookieBear50; 11-08-21 at 05:02 PM.

Moderator (volunteer) judyandthecat's Avatar
    I so agree with a kennel that all the pets went too. Especially when going through the cellar looking for one.
    Or make the cellar alphabetical order.