Thread: Torpor Dragon - Nov 03 2021 (Needed for the Before Bedtime Leaderboard Event)

Torpor Dragon - Nov 03 2021 (Needed for the Before Bedtime Leaderboard Event)

Rarity: Common
    Type: Fairytale, Green
    Habitat: Fairytale Forest, Green Grove
    Available at: Level 15
    Buying Price: 400
    Selling Price: 100

Breeding Combination: Green + White (or Fairytale + Green)
    Breeding & Incubation: 4 hours
    Exp Gained: 780

Good luck! Breed or craft this dragon ASAP and send it out on quests to earn points for you.

Go with Fairytale and Green to avoid the nightmare of getting the 26-hour Pegasus or the 27-hour Elder.

 => 

  

And I got two more in quick succesion...

I unfortunately got 26 hours, not cool! I absolutely really hate Pegasus dragons, so I won’t be completing this event.

Quote Originally Posted by rumour59 View Post
    I unfortunately got 26 hours, not cool! I absolutely really hate Pegasus dragons, so I won’t be completing this event.
    OUCH! Green + White will get you that, or the 27-hour Elder. Better to have gone with Fairytale + Green.

On another note, maybe it's just me but, I seem to be getting the long-hour failures (more frequently) in my early breeding tries, whether for events or for Adventure Bingo. It was this experience that prompted me to go with Fairytale and Green, a combination that had an 18-hour egg as its longest failure. And for the record, I did get that 18-hour failure for my second try.

Quote Originally Posted by deadpixel View Post
    OUCH! Green + White will get you that, or the 27-hour Elder. Better to have gone with Fairytale + Green.

On another note, maybe it's just me but, I seem to be getting the long-hour failures (more frequently) in my early breeding tries, whether for events or for Adventure Bingo. It was this experience that prompted me to go with Fairytale and Green, a combination that had an 18-hour egg as its longest failure. And for the record, I did get that 18-hour failure for my second try.
    When I put Forest and Light on the nest I just knew I would get a Pegasus. I find it amazing how rare these commons are with breeding.
    My next combo will be Fairytale and Forest a d my luck I will get Nymph which is your 18 hour fail.

Fashion Designer
    me3, green + light gives 26 hr fail....

Quote Originally Posted by hungryres View Post
    me3, green + light gives 26 hr fail....
    I was feeling a little bored and decided to do an experiment by breeding a Forest Dragon with a Light Dragon and you know what? First try, a 26-hour Pegasus! Ha!

Probably coincidence yea?

Quote Originally Posted by deadpixel View Post
    I was feeling a little bored and decided to do an experiment by breeding a Forest Dragon with a Light Dragon and you know what? First try, a 26-hour Pegasus! Ha!

Probably coincidence yea?
    Just took Fairytale and Forest off the den and got the 4 hour dragon. So like you nothing to do so I put Forest and Light back up on the Den and get Elder for 27 hours.

So is it a coincidence, I would say not, Pegasus and Elder should not be popping up this easily.

Executive Chef
    Thank you for the tip, deadpixel! I switched to Fairytale and Green and got the Torpor dragon.

I guess I was lucky - I mostly got Stone fails prior to that.

At least you can trade the fails for Essence. Long times in the breeding den, on the nest, and in the evolution chamber also contribute to lb points, but they sure are frustrating when you want to get that new common dragon ASAP so it can start going on adventures, especially with our newly shortened timeline.
    I've spent thousands of dollars on Storm8 games, but I'm still not valued by the company.

Rhino Keeper
    First attempt: Greenstone + White Steed = 8hrs
    Second attempt: Greenstone + White Steed = 8hrs
    Third attempt: Forest + White Steed = 4hrs
    Fourth attempt: Forest + White Steed = 8hrs
    Fifth attempt: Light + Big Bad = 5hrs
    Sixth attempt: Light + Big Bad = 18hrs
    Seventh attempt: White Steed + Big Bad = 24hrs...Lawl crafting second as well then
    Last edited by NeidusBluetip; 11-05-21 at 06:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mymonta View Post
    Thank you for the tip, deadpixel! I switched to Fairytale and Green and got the Torpor dragon.

I guess I was lucky - I mostly got Stone fails prior to that.

At least you can trade the fails for Essence. Long times in the breeding den, on the nest, and in the evolution chamber also contribute to lb points, but they sure are frustrating when you want to get that new common dragon ASAP so it can start going on adventures, especially with our newly shortened timeline.
    Congrats! Glad the tip worked

But like you said, the “positive” way to look at this situation is that we have long breeding-time dragons to breed, hatch, and evolve for the event